Determining your vocal type

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Determining your vocal type

Post by jordy905 on Sat Jul 16, 2011 9:26 am

Come to think of it idk what my vocal range is but i think its bass lol cuz i am better singing low pitched songs rather than high pitched ones but idk xD
jordy905
Talkative

Singing Alias : Jordy Male

http://www.youtube.com/user/jordy9051507

Back to top Go down

Wikipedia is the Bank of Knowledge...all this info is thanks to it...

Post by ToujoursRêver on Fri Aug 26, 2011 11:30 pm

I've looked into what vocal type I am and I'm an Contralto.

Last edited by ToujoursRêver on Sat Apr 21, 2012 11:09 pm; edited 1 time in total
ToujoursRêver

Singing Alias : LAIZEE-D. Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Seitanoshuuki on Sat Aug 27, 2011 3:03 pm

Um... Not to be contrary, but I do believe that commonly the female voice ranges are soprano, alto, and rarely, contralto. =\ Mezzo-soprano should be the one that isn't a true range, despite lots of women claiming to be mezzos. Besides which, this naming convention doesn't make much sense to me. ("High," "medium-high," and "super low"?)

I believe the expected range for an alto in a choir is from G3 to G5-ish, give or take a few notes. (<-has sung alto for about 5 years now) A contralto range should overlap largely with a tenor range, I believe... which is why contraltos are so rare.

As for me holding my ground against Wiki... Go... check any choral score? *shotdead* The only female voices that are notated for are alto and soprano. A mezzo would typically sing Alto 2 (or 3, etc.) or Soprano 2 (or 3, etc.).

My own vocal type...? .... Ha...ha... I dunno. You tell me. I've got, like, 2 comfort zones where I feel about equally comfortable. >____>
Seitanoshuuki
Keyboard Smasher

Singing Alias : Shuuki (秋記) Posts : 2173

YTC 2015 Blind Duet Participant

http://www.youtube.com/user/SeitanoShuuki?feature=mhum

Back to top Go down

Post by EfaltiA on Mon Nov 21, 2011 10:59 am

Gosh... this all seems so complicated.. I feel so.. empty *dizzy*
Can anyone tell me my vocal type?
I knew that for female, alto is the lowest , then followed by mezzo-soprano, and then soprano, and I've always thought I'm an Alto or Mezzo-Soprano, but at that time I don't know that range does matter. I thought it's only determined by default pitch..

This is my cover of Magnet I did for a group challenge awhile ago.
The challenge is genderbending (manual, no pitch-editing), so I guess it'll give a decent sample of my range.. And it's actually recorded with my cellphone recorder so it's probably not a 100% like my real voice with a real mic, can be higher, or lower. But well, if you are willing to help me about this, I guess you can just listen to it just as what it sounds ^^; Thank you =3

EfaltiA
Fresh off the Boat

Singing Alias : EfaltiA Female

http://www.youtube.com/user/frealynn

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Wed Nov 23, 2011 6:04 am

@Shuuki~ THAT JUST MEANS YOU'RE INCREDIBLY AWESOME. Happiness

@EfaltiA-san I'm absolutely no expert, however your voice seems to want to go pretty high-pitch, so I'm guessing you'd be considered a soprano?

My comfortable range is from about E3 to maybe C6 or higher. Happy Go Lucky Choir says I'm soprano and Wiki says I'm a contralto. XD I don't even know anymore.

Last edited by listen on Fri Jan 20, 2012 5:56 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by EfaltiA on Fri Nov 25, 2011 3:56 am

OMG, I thought I've replied to this..
Apparently I haven't clicked the post sign yesterday *headdesk*

My default pitch when speaking daily is actually almost as low as the lower voice in my Magnet (I did the genderbending manually, which means I sang both the higher and lower/boyish-fail parts without digital pitch-changing), and the pitch I usually sing in is like in here at 0:25 - 0:35 and 2:45 - 2:50
Does that still make me a soprano (from what you think/ know)?
I mean, I rarely find people (female) with a rather deep voice (in daily conversation) as a soprano *dizzy*
Or is it really just about the highest notes we can reach (without sounding too horrible, of course)?
EfaltiA
Fresh off the Boat

Singing Alias : EfaltiA Female

http://www.youtube.com/user/frealynn

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top