Youtube Chorus Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
NEWS
Working on updating the site and adding new features.
Join our Discord channel to talk about possible events and layout changes!
Latest topics
» [MONTHLY THEME] May: Make Space for Space~Due May 31st
by sonic-nancy-fan Wed May 01, 2024 5:28 pm

» Joker's Trans-lyrics
by sonic-nancy-fan Tue Apr 30, 2024 2:29 pm

» [MONTHLY THEME] April: Reach as High as You Can~Due April 30th
by sonic-nancy-fan Tue Apr 30, 2024 2:26 pm

» [MONTHLY THEME] March: Old Stuff~Due March 31st
by sonic-nancy-fan Sat Mar 30, 2024 1:36 pm

» fluffy's pudding stash- i mean covers.
by fluffyparuko Mon Mar 11, 2024 7:52 pm

» [MONTHLY THEME] February: Love in the Air~Due March 5th
by sonic-nancy-fan Sat Mar 02, 2024 6:03 pm

» ~Uniqflame Covers and Voice acting stuff~
by Uniqflame Thu Feb 22, 2024 3:08 pm

» [MONTHLY THEME] January: Bittersweet Chocolate~Due January 31st
by sonic-nancy-fan Tue Jan 30, 2024 11:46 am

» ✾ Faeri's Covers ✾
by FaeriMagic Tue Jan 16, 2024 8:22 pm

Favorite Video Game Soundtracks/Composers

+7
UchuujinErio
Principalities
AoyamaKyokuryou
Menolly-hime
ShadowDancer
Utamiko
Akemi
11 posters

Go down

Favorite Video Game Soundtracks/Composers Empty Favorite Video Game Soundtracks/Composers

Post by Guest Fri Feb 03, 2012 4:31 pm

As a huge video game music nerd, I'm wondering what some of your favorite composers and game soundtracks are.

Some games with my favorite soundtracks: Chrono Cross, Many Final Fantasies, Tales of Vesperia and Symphonia, pretty much all of the Castlevanias...and...I'm sure there's a ton I can't think of right now.

As far as composers? Yasunori Mitsuda, Michiru Yamane, Nobuo Uematsu...and while I haven't heard the majority of her stuff, Michiko Naruke makes some pretty great songs too.

Back to top Go down

Favorite Video Game Soundtracks/Composers Empty Re: Favorite Video Game Soundtracks/Composers

Post by Akemi Sun Feb 26, 2012 11:35 am

PFFFFTTTT--- ANYTHING BY NOBUO UEMATSU

The KH soundtrack is pretty awesome too <3
Akemi
Akemi
Motor Mouth

Singing Alias : Akemi Posts : 877

Sakura No Ame Chorus CB (1) Round 1

https://www.youtube.com/user/Akemi2407

Back to top Go down

Favorite Video Game Soundtracks/Composers Empty Re: Favorite Video Game Soundtracks/Composers

Post by Utamiko Fri Mar 02, 2012 6:25 am

Agree with above.

Nobuo Uematsu makes amazing compositions (and the guy who arranges the score for him for the FF concerts too!)

Utamiko
Fresh off the Boat

Back to top Go down

Post by ShadowDancer Fri Mar 02, 2012 1:40 pm

I'll just list everything I can think of. Apart from pretty much everything above...

Never really though about it while playing them, but the Zelda series as a whole has had some great music. Gerudo Valley is a particular favorite of mine. Smile

The Pokemon games for the nostalgia factor, and because despite usually being pretty simple, the music never failed to get me pumped to defeat the rival, gym leaders, and catch 'em all.

The first and second Mana Khemia games (spinoff of the Atelier Iris series) had some great battle and boss tracks. I'll also throw in the openings for the Super Robot Wars games, because there are no words to describe JAM Project.

And despite never playing the game or seeing more than 3 episodes of the anime, I've been listening to the OST of Fate/Stay Night quite a bit recently. The songs are great, and there are some excellent cover/remixes by some doujin bands out there. (Crow's Claw, South of Heaven, etc.)
ShadowDancer
ShadowDancer
Fresh off the Boat

Singing Alias : Shade Posts : 7

https://www.youtube.com/user/ShadexImpulse

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Mar 02, 2012 3:07 pm

Also, ZUN deserves a spot on this list for all the stuff he's composed for Touhou.

Back to top Go down

Post by Menolly-hime Sat Mar 03, 2012 11:23 am

dewprism / threads of fate
composer: junya nakano

one of my favourite, underrated games ever. mint is amazingly amusing, and rue is so sweet. i love their dynamic. *u* and the story is fun, too, with a colourful cast of characters. (quite literally)
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:

super mario RPG: legend of the seven stars
composer: yoko shimomura

one of the boss themes stuck with me through more than ten years until i found this game again, remembering nothing of it except that battle music.
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:

MOTHER 3
composer: shogo sakai

it will make you cry. if it doesn't, you have no heart.
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:

pararappa the rapper
composer: masaya matsuura

yes. just yes. shut up and listen. <3 such fun.
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:

touhou
composer: ZUN

these are all from the ninth touhou game, phantasmagoria of flower view. i only noticed it after i listened to all of them again. fff OH WELL, KEEPING THEM. there's so many good songs and games that listing all of my favourites would be nigh impossible anyway.
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:

lunar: silver star story complete
composer: noriyuki iwadare

one of a few remakes of lunar: the silver star. i liked this one and lunar legend best ~ /o/
very sweet story and characters. ;u;
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:

legend of legaia
composer: michiru oshima & kohei tanaka

an old favourite of mine with interesting characters, story, and gameplay. <3 i wanna play it again! i love the music so much.
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:

okage: shadow king / boku to maō
composer: jun-ichi doi, takamitsu kajikawa, yoshikazu kawatani, yasutaka kume, toshiaki murata, kazuhide toda

an extremely addicting and original RPG that i love and own. ;u; the art the style, the characters, the dark and nerdy humor, i love all of it. the music is so enchanting and whimsical and and NOW IF ONLY I FINISH IT EVENTUALLY
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:

I'LL GO THROUGH MORE LATER, YO.
Menolly-hime
Menolly-hime
Talkative

Singing Alias : ★menolly Posts : 441

Back to top Go down

Post by AoyamaKyokuryou Sat Mar 03, 2012 8:39 pm

I have to say, for me personally, it has to be the Chrono Cross OST.

The music is just compelling and when I played it, I don't know how it happened, but I became emotionally attached to the game.

So when I hear the music or see an amazing performance of it, I cry.
Q ___ Q

I know it is kind of lame but it is just the truth.

-「リョク」
AoyamaKyokuryou
AoyamaKyokuryou
Fresh off the Boat

Singing Alias : Ryoku 「リョク」 Posts : 6

https://www.youtube.com/user/AoyamaKyokuryou

Back to top Go down

Post by Principalities Tue Mar 20, 2012 1:43 pm

The Ace Combat series' soundtracks were always amazing to me. Whether it was the rock in Ace Combat 1 and 2, the electronic/techno feeling of Ace Combat 3, and so on, the series has intense, thematic music that never ceases to amaze me.

"The Unsung War," "Zero," and "The Liberation of Gracemeria" are great examples of climactic pieces of music.
Principalities
Principalities
Fresh off the Boat

Singing Alias : Rokko Posts : 6

Back to top Go down

Post by UchuujinErio Thu Mar 22, 2012 10:48 am

Persona Series soundtracks
and yeah Chrono Cross I guess :3
UchuujinErio
UchuujinErio
Conversationalist

Singing Alias : Near Posts : 269

https://www.youtube.com/user/KappaNearYou

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Mar 23, 2012 2:38 pm

Principalities wrote:The Ace Combat series' soundtracks were always amazing to me.

Rather sad. I've heard quite a lot of praise for the series, but I've never actually played it. What's it like?

Mass Effect 3 had a grand, orchestral score that really captured both the melancholy and the intensity of the game's mood.

Back to top Go down

Post by Principalities Fri Mar 23, 2012 5:42 pm

Daevian wrote:Rather sad. I've heard quite a lot of praise for the series, but I've never actually played it. What's it like?

Ace Combat is like a dogfighting/flight sim/arcade game. Utilizing fictional countries, interesting characters, and decent plot (compared to other flying action games, in my opinion), it can be an enjoyable game to experience! Although by Ace Combat: Joint Assault, its setting is in the real world Sweat .

I'd recommend Ace Combat 5: The Unsung War, if you were to consider it. It's the longest out the whole series, as well as having the deepest storyline of them both Happiness ! The music in this particular Ace Combat is intense, but also includes ambient themes that match the missions so well.

I should also mention the Gran Turismo franchise's menu music! Amazing stuff!
Principalities
Principalities
Fresh off the Boat

Singing Alias : Rokko Posts : 6

Back to top Go down

Post by Xephy Mon Apr 09, 2012 5:54 am

WHY DID I SEE THIS JUST NOW?!
I absolutely LOVE video game soundtracks!! I'm so happy there are more people out there who do, too!

I absolutely love Nobuo Uematsu's works (Final Fantasy, Last Story, Lost Odyssey, etc.), Yoko Shimomura (Kingdom Hearts, FFvXIII, etc.), Koji Kondo(Mario, Zelda, etc.) , Laura Shigihara (To the Moon has an awesome soundtrack), Miki Higashino (Suikoden <3), Motoi Sakuraba (Tales of, Star Ocean, Golden Sun, etc.).

These are the only ones on the top of my head though ;w;
Xephy
Xephy
Background Character
Background Character

Singing Alias : Xephy Posts : 2592

My YTC Story

https://www.youtube.com/user/Xephy13

Back to top Go down

Post by Yakumo Mon Apr 09, 2012 1:45 pm

Nobuo Uematsu, of course. Also Akira Yamaoka (Silent Hill) and I really liked the work or Oliver Derivere on Obscure The Aftermath C:
Yakumo
Yakumo
Talking Fruit/Vegetable

Singing Alias : Yakumo Posts : 74

https://www.youtube.com/user/YakumoLeonhart

Back to top Go down

Post by Pastal Sun Apr 22, 2012 9:51 am

I really love the Tales of and Ar tonelico series soundtracks. I\'m In Love..
As for composers, my favorite would be Motoi Sakuraba.
Pastal
Pastal
Talking Fruit/Vegetable

Singing Alias : Kotonami / コトナミ Posts : 63

https://www.youtube.com/kotonami79

Back to top Go down

Post by Haruna Mon Jul 16, 2012 7:38 am

Zizz Studio!!~ shy
Haruna
Haruna
Motor Mouth

Singing Alias : punipuni Posts : 711

Dango Daikazoku Chorus My YTC Story

https://www.youtube.com/KonoeNya

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down