Youtube Chorus Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
NEWS
Working on updating the site and adding new features.
Join our Discord channel to talk about possible events and layout changes!
Latest topics
» [MONTHLY THEME] April: Reach as High as You Can~Due April 30th
by sonic-nancy-fan Mon Apr 01, 2024 2:42 pm

» [MONTHLY THEME] March: Old Stuff~Due March 31st
by sonic-nancy-fan Sat Mar 30, 2024 1:36 pm

» Joker's Trans-lyrics
by sonic-nancy-fan Sat Mar 30, 2024 1:33 pm

» fluffy's pudding stash- i mean covers.
by fluffyparuko Mon Mar 11, 2024 7:52 pm

» [MONTHLY THEME] February: Love in the Air~Due March 5th
by sonic-nancy-fan Sat Mar 02, 2024 6:03 pm

» ~Uniqflame Covers and Voice acting stuff~
by Uniqflame Thu Feb 22, 2024 3:08 pm

» [MONTHLY THEME] January: Bittersweet Chocolate~Due January 31st
by sonic-nancy-fan Tue Jan 30, 2024 11:46 am

» ✾ Faeri's Covers ✾
by FaeriMagic Tue Jan 16, 2024 8:22 pm

» [MONTHLY THEME] December: Snow Day~Due December 31st
by sonic-nancy-fan Sat Dec 30, 2023 9:10 pm

What's the best mic ? But it's not super expensive ?

4 posters

Go down

What's the best mic ? But it's not super expensive ? Empty What's the best mic ? But it's not super expensive ?

Post by AkinaLen.02 Thu Oct 06, 2011 7:45 am

What's the best mic ? But it's not super expensive ? 641784 Hi. I hate my mic. I really want a new one. So I was just wondering, What's the best mic ? But it's not super expensive ? 262109 which is the best brand mic that I can use to record but it's not like expensive. When I mean that, I want it between 100$ - 250$ What's the best mic ? But it's not super expensive ? 236516 That's probably as much I can get. So, What's the best mic ? But it's not super expensive ? 635219 just give me the names of brands or recommend right any you like or using. What's the best mic ? But it's not super expensive ? 621887 Right now I'm using Logitech mic, and it isn't best for recording. My voice sounds totally different.

What's the best mic ? But it's not super expensive ? 614911 Also, I hate to ask, but how do you over come your fears to sing ? What's the best mic ? But it's not super expensive ? 14288 I mean, I love to sing, my voice isn't the best I understand and I'm still learning how to sing and everything. But I still live with my parents, and my dad sleeps most of the day. So when I come back from school What's the best mic ? But it's not super expensive ? 206501 I can't record. I'm also afraid to sing / record because my mother gives me the ' what the heck are you shouting it your room ?! What's the best mic ? But it's not super expensive ? 961488 ' look What's the best mic ? But it's not super expensive ? 614911 It's embarrassing, but I really want to sing D: Help me get over that ? And, how do you guys remember lyrics and the pronunciation of lyrics to songs ? What's the best mic ? But it's not super expensive ? 119396
AkinaLen.02
AkinaLen.02
Talking Fruit/Vegetable

Singing Alias : 赤色桜 Posts : 85

http://twitter.com/#!/yt_RedSakura_ND

Back to top Go down

What's the best mic ? But it's not super expensive ? Empty Re: What's the best mic ? But it's not super expensive ?

Post by Guest Fri Oct 14, 2011 4:18 pm

Advice from a seminoob: Um... I can honestly say that you can probably find some pretty damn nice quality mics for around that range, but I can't give you any suggestions--I buy my own mics, don't get allowance, and have to also save for cosplay so I can't afford them. Also, it's quite usual for you to sound different over recording. (^ ^) I do as well; it's like talking over the phone when that happens.

Hm... I suppose that would make it hard to record... would it be possible for you to record somewhere else or on weekends? I can't help much on that; my voice is soft enough that my parents don't mind much if at all.... I guess you could just record anyway?? With the door closed? Or something?

I say if you want to sing, you should~! For lyrics, I really don't know, I just remember them fairly quickly... if you try to sing them at least once every day you'll get them in no time. As for pronunciation, I'm told that's much easier if you can also speak a language such as Spanish, but I went straight from English to Japanese so it's not that hard. Just remember the phonetics used; the ones is Japanese don't change depending on the word like English does.

...And your YT username sounds familiar... did I sub you?

Back to top Go down

What's the best mic ? But it's not super expensive ? Empty Re: What's the best mic ? But it's not super expensive ?

Post by AkinaLen.02 Fri Oct 14, 2011 4:22 pm

I see, I'll take your advises and thank you for the help ^^

. . . What's the best mic ? But it's not super expensive ? 316706 Your YT username sounds familiar. . . I think you did.
AkinaLen.02
AkinaLen.02
Talking Fruit/Vegetable

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Oct 14, 2011 5:22 pm

(Actually you may want to wait around for someone with a bit more experience to post before taking my advice, ww)

Ah, that would explain. I'll go see if I did.

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeagerjacques Sat Oct 15, 2011 11:03 pm

I believe there's a thread about which mic to buy for what value and such.... :D And your budget, it's kinda big already! I know you can buy a decent one with that. :D

About pronounciation... Like with everything... Practice! And listen to how the utaites sing the song, it's more natural that way. :D
Jeagerjacques
Jeagerjacques
Talkative

Singing Alias : IZA★ Posts : 348

http://honeystars.blog131.fc2.com

Back to top Go down

Post by KoriSuoh Mon Oct 17, 2011 9:43 am

Wah~ With a range between $100 and $250 your possibilities are quite numerous~ And there are always way to buy them cheaper if you know where to look~

I use a Blue Snowball microphone which was what I invested in after my Logitech just wasn't cutting it anymore. Generally, you can find a Snowball for about $100 give or take a few. But I found mine, new, from a licensed seller on Ebay for ~$60. So there's always options.

And in my opinion they're fantastic once you figure out the best settings for your needs.

And as far as confidence goes, lol I don't really have any myself. But that the wonders of the internet. You don't have to put a face to your music and covers, it can be totally anonymous with a name you've created. As far as family goes, you can either find a quiet place in your house to record at or wait until they've all gone out somewhere. Or you could explain what you're doing. Happiness Who knows~ Maybe they'll be super excited and want to give it a try themselves~

As far as pronunciation and lyrics go, when Kori records, he has his lyrics open in a window next to the recording program. And singing with the official track helps too. Hyper That way if you get stumped, you can stop for a second, listen to the part until you get it, and then try again~

But yeah~ Te-he! You have quite a flexible budget there for a microphone. So my general opinion would be to shop around and read reviews to decide what would be best for you~
KoriSuoh
KoriSuoh

Singing Alias : Kori Posts : 37

https://www.youtube.com/user/KoriSuoh

Back to top Go down

Post by AkinaLen.02 Tue Oct 18, 2011 8:32 am

Thank you guys ^ ^
AkinaLen.02
AkinaLen.02
Talking Fruit/Vegetable

Back to top Go down

Post by Shiyiou Fri Jan 27, 2012 11:08 am

Oh i use a condenser mic, well if you're on a noisy place is a little hard to use. but is used also by professionals and it's really good!
It's a Samson C03U, is USB and really good, for me it costed me like 160 USD here on chile, but i'm sure it's pretty more cheap in other places (since mine is imported....)
Shiyiou
Shiyiou
Talking Fruit/Vegetable

Singing Alias : Hotsuki/ 【星月 Posts : 99

My YTC Story Tako Luka Maguro Fever Event Participant

http://hou-tsuki.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down