Youtube Chorus Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
NEWS
Working on updating the site and adding new features.
Join our Discord channel to talk about possible events and layout changes!
Latest topics
» [MONTHLY THEME] May: Make Space for Space~Due May 31st
by sonic-nancy-fan Wed May 01, 2024 5:28 pm

» Joker's Trans-lyrics
by sonic-nancy-fan Tue Apr 30, 2024 2:29 pm

» [MONTHLY THEME] April: Reach as High as You Can~Due April 30th
by sonic-nancy-fan Tue Apr 30, 2024 2:26 pm

» [MONTHLY THEME] March: Old Stuff~Due March 31st
by sonic-nancy-fan Sat Mar 30, 2024 1:36 pm

» fluffy's pudding stash- i mean covers.
by fluffyparuko Mon Mar 11, 2024 7:52 pm

» [MONTHLY THEME] February: Love in the Air~Due March 5th
by sonic-nancy-fan Sat Mar 02, 2024 6:03 pm

» ~Uniqflame Covers and Voice acting stuff~
by Uniqflame Thu Feb 22, 2024 3:08 pm

» [MONTHLY THEME] January: Bittersweet Chocolate~Due January 31st
by sonic-nancy-fan Tue Jan 30, 2024 11:46 am

» ✾ Faeri's Covers ✾
by FaeriMagic Tue Jan 16, 2024 8:22 pm

I feel down...

5 posters

Go down

I feel down... Empty I feel down...

Post by Karin Fri Jan 28, 2011 5:53 pm

I love to sing with a passion but here is the problem I feel like no matter what do I sound so bad, latey I auditioned even then I still sound like (well to me) a cat dying. My sister coming in my room just to say "Stop singing you sound bad." does not help , When I go to listen to the Youtube Chorus I feel like all of you are better then me in some way. I feel like I can't improve but could anyone offer me some advice for a singer whose not feeling the best? Sorry if I sound like I'm whining.
Karin
Karin

Back to top Go down

I feel down... Empty Re: I feel down...

Post by Guest Sat Jan 29, 2011 6:17 am

Hi Karin~ Happy
Sorry to here about your singer's block. (Does that make sense?)

This is what works for me when I can't nail a song.

• Shut down your mind. Don't care about anything, just sing. Why stress over a hobby?
  • Stop singing, and come back to it later. Especially because my voice is VERY temperamental.
  • Move on to another song. Not every song is within my range or fits with my voice. So be it.
I try to sing when there's nobody else in the house, but that's getting increasingly difficult..

That's all from ny0erushi.
Good luck~

Back to top Go down

Post by Karin Sat Jan 29, 2011 6:34 am

Thanks for the advice!
Karin
Karin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jan 30, 2011 1:46 am

d'aww ;A;
I'm having the same problem here (except about the sister part cause my sister doesn't care /laughs). I feel down and lack of self-confidence to the point that I'm actually scared to upload more fandubs. orz. and when I hear others' covers, I thought; "OMG how can they sound so amazing! I want their voice!". silly me. /laughs again

I can't give any advice since I'm feeling down as well. but I told this matter to my friends, and they said I don't have to quit, I don't have to feel down, I don't have to be scared, cause I'm good enough. but of course, I want to be "better". so they told me to practice more. do some breath exercise, vocal test (do re mi fa sol la si do every time before you sing/record), etc etc. I haven't try them out, so I don't really know. but I guess it would help (esp. breath exercise).

okay, sorry for being fussy. let's do our best to be better, ne Karin-san~? Happiness

Back to top Go down

Post by aiko9099 Sun Jan 30, 2011 9:21 am

No one can stop me when it comes to singing Shiny MUAHAHA even if they say i sing liek a chipmunk lol!

Cheer up, don't cut your passion! Continue what you're doing with red luv !
aiko9099
aiko9099
Talking Fruit/Vegetable

Singing Alias : あい Posts : 70

http://chinkyaiko.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by 12enma12 Mon Jan 31, 2011 2:00 pm

LOL~ me too xD!!
and things are worser in my case...
when I record myself dancing or singing moms will go like " you are crazy"
and my sist. will goes like Ha...ha...

'^'... they makes me feel down for a few second only though~!
cuz I enjoy it when I sing and dance~!
though I now I am not that good at them... %.%
or... perhaps? bad at them??
but you know ?
when I can't sing or dance well,
I'll try to immitate the singer/dancer feelings while singing/dancing the songs, and I'll try to find what is the message behind the song Happy Go Lucky
it helps me Happy
=3 and I hope it will helps you too~!
and practice is like the most important things ~!!
I was a ssuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuper bad dubber before, but now (I think) I've imroved ^u^
I mean like, if you check my ooooooooooooold dub *which is World is Mine* and you compare it with my newest dub *magnet* they sounds sooooooooo diff.!! the old one was like the worst LOL xD!!! but I'm not going to delete it =3
so that one day I could recall how I was before Te-he!
eheh~~
but yeah~
just sing with feelings, not to over-do your voice, burn your microphone if it hates you *LOL, I don't use my old mic. anymore, but I never burn any of them xD!!!, so like, don't burn it, is a waste of money ^u^ <<but just keep it in Ur closet 8D ehehe~* , try to practice at least 30mt. everyday<<my driver suffer from this xD!!!, try to record in a quiet place where you can try to focus yourself into the song =3

good luck~!
and yeah~ if U want more critics, just tell me ^u^ I would gladly listen to your singings and crtics them =D <<but sometime, I might go... um.. harsh... %.% sorry..... >A<!! ++but reallty, just share it, and I'll try to get some time to listen to it~! ^u^
12enma12
12enma12
Conversationalist

Singing Alias : 「JK」 Posts : 294

Dango Daikazoku Chorus SMILING Participant

https://www.youtube.com/12enma12

Back to top Go down

Post by anichan95 Mon Jan 31, 2011 3:26 pm

i feel the same. although my family sorta tries to make me sing louder but my mom wants me to sing english songs
but i only have confidence in my voice out loud than recorded.
but i think you should keep practicing more 'cause some singers have that problem too at first. as the practice goes by they become more confident and much better at it.
so don't be so down. singing isn't just a hobby, it also helps with health and stress. you shouldn't look at it as a burden or a hobby, but as a passion.
cheer up.
and sorry for the rapid crap.=v=
anichan95
anichan95
Talkative

Singing Alias : Ani Posts : 453

Ai Kotoba II Chorus

http://yuukikiome95.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Mini Mon Jan 31, 2011 4:40 pm

In regards to people complaining, I say ignore them. If it's something you like doing, why does it matter if someone else is bothered by it? As long as doing it makes you happy, that's all that you should care about. I remember when my sister used to tell me to shut up when I was singing but I never cared cause it's my business, not hers. Besides, you're the one with the courage to share your singing with the world and until they do the same, they have no right to say anything.

The fact of the matter is that there will always be someone who's better than you at doing something. Instead of comparing yourself to them, you should be focusing on yourself. You like singing right? So instead of asking 'why can't I sound like ______' you should ask yourself 'what can I do to improve my singing to a satisfactory level'. It helps to just continue practicing and singing. Over time, you'll notice that you've gotten better at things that you weren't good at before.
Mini
Mini
Conversationalist

Singing Alias : mini Posts : 179

https://www.youtube.com/hanhpham

Back to top Go down

Post by Karin Tue Feb 01, 2011 5:31 pm

Thanks you guys the advice really helps.
Karin
Karin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Feb 06, 2011 4:24 pm

Karin, I know EXACTLY how you feel. As one of the younger ones in this uh.. society.. (no uhmm. wrong word) community (that's the word) and have no relations to anyone at all, I think it's difficult for me to try to be really good... My voice is inexperienced and needs some training... I don't really sound like I'm helping, but I just wan you to know you're not alone Happy

Keep singing no matter what. That's what I'm doing. It just might take time.
I'll also add that my parents prefer English songs. To me, not a lot fit my voice -shot-
singing

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down