Youtube Chorus Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
NEWS
Working on updating the site and adding new features.
Join our Discord channel to talk about possible events and layout changes!
Latest topics
» [MONTHLY THEME] May: Make Space for Space~Due May 31st
by sonic-nancy-fan Wed May 01, 2024 5:28 pm

» Joker's Trans-lyrics
by sonic-nancy-fan Tue Apr 30, 2024 2:29 pm

» [MONTHLY THEME] April: Reach as High as You Can~Due April 30th
by sonic-nancy-fan Tue Apr 30, 2024 2:26 pm

» [MONTHLY THEME] March: Old Stuff~Due March 31st
by sonic-nancy-fan Sat Mar 30, 2024 1:36 pm

» fluffy's pudding stash- i mean covers.
by fluffyparuko Mon Mar 11, 2024 7:52 pm

» [MONTHLY THEME] February: Love in the Air~Due March 5th
by sonic-nancy-fan Sat Mar 02, 2024 6:03 pm

» ~Uniqflame Covers and Voice acting stuff~
by Uniqflame Thu Feb 22, 2024 3:08 pm

» [MONTHLY THEME] January: Bittersweet Chocolate~Due January 31st
by sonic-nancy-fan Tue Jan 30, 2024 11:46 am

» ✾ Faeri's Covers ✾
by FaeriMagic Tue Jan 16, 2024 8:22 pm

Time Zones.

+2
harumia
Ke-ki
6 posters

Go down

Time Zones.  Empty Time Zones.

Post by Ke-ki Mon Sep 20, 2010 5:35 pm

I have a bit of a problem with the time zones.

When the deadline for yowamushi mont blanc was set for the 20th i was prepared to send it in on the set date.

When i came to post my audition I find out that the auditions have been closed. The 20th hasn't ended. Not from where I am and I understand that it has ended for others in 22:00 GMT+8 time zone. It doesn't make sense to close an audition for the people, lets say, in the future. I still live in the past. I'm many hours behind the people in the other time zones, and i find it sort of unfair to close the auditions so early. Can't we make the deadline for ALL timezones for the set day?

Ke-ki
Ke-ki
Conversationalist

Singing Alias : Ke-ki Posts : 156

Sakura No Ame Chorus Dango Daikazoku Chorus Dango Chorus Illustration My YTC Story

https://www.youtube.com/user/UnWantedCake

Back to top Go down

Time Zones.  Empty Re: Time Zones.

Post by harumia Mon Sep 20, 2010 7:50 pm

i would say they should have a timer on the front page. =) not a huge distracting one, but one where you can quickly look at and say, "kk i have like 5 hours left to do this" no matter what time zone ^^
harumia
harumia
Conversationalist

Singing Alias : kyaami Posts : 152

http://harumia.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Ke-ki Mon Sep 20, 2010 9:16 pm

harumia wrote:i would say they should have a timer on the front page. =) not a huge distracting one, but one where you can quickly look at and say, "kk i have like 5 hours left to do this" no matter what time zone ^^

That would actually be REALLY helpful!
:D I do hope they go with that idea because i can't calculate between the time zones. D:
Ke-ki
Ke-ki
Conversationalist

Sakura No Ame Chorus Dango Daikazoku Chorus Dango Chorus Illustration My YTC Story

Back to top Go down

Post by Roka Mon Sep 20, 2010 9:24 pm

I can't calculate timezones either ^^;;
But I use this website: http://wwp.greenwichmeantime.com/gmt-converter.htm

For the Yowamushi Montblanc deadline, just as an example, you find 22:00 on the first dropbar thing.
Then, you look for GMT +8 in the next box.
For the last box, you click on your own timezone. (that is, in GMT)

^^;; ...
But having a timer would be really helpful too ^^
Roka
Roka
Spambot Xtreme

Singing Alias : ろか Posts : 5118
Post Spammer Winner Sakura No Ame Chorus Dango Daikazoku Chorus My YTC Story Tako Luka Maguro Fever Event Participant Monthly Theme Participant (1/4)

Back to top Go down

Post by mong Wed Sep 22, 2010 12:03 am

A timer seems like a decent idea. And it...really isn't too hard to go onto a site and convert timezones though. XD

The reason why we implement deadlines in the GMT+8 timezone is because it's the most accessible timezone for most of the mods (most of us are at school or sleeping when it's a reasonable time in EST, for example, so we'd be unable to close auditions on time/we close them earlier). And technically, when we post auditions in GMT+8, it will be a day early for anyone in a timezone like EST so you still get the same time to record.

We do understand it's ridiculously hard to keep up with timezones, though (...I used to wake up at 5 am to close threads in EST time on another forum sob sob). Maybe we'll update the thread title with an approximate date/countdown to the deadline so that it clears things up.
mong
mong
Chorus Staff

Banner Decorator * 1 Dango Chorus Illustration My YTC Story CB (1) Round 1 CB (1) Round 2 CB (1) Round 3

Back to top Go down

Post by Ke-ki Wed Sep 22, 2010 6:48 am

mong wrote:A timer seems like a decent idea. And it...really isn't too hard to go onto a site and convert timezones though. XD

The reason why we implement deadlines in the GMT+8 timezone is because it's the most accessible timezone for most of the mods (most of us are at school or sleeping when it's a reasonable time in EST, for example, so we'd be unable to close auditions on time/we close them earlier). And technically, when we post auditions in GMT+8, it will be a day early for anyone in a timezone like EST so you still get the same time to record.

We do understand it's ridiculously hard to keep up with timezones, though (...I used to wake up at 5 am to close threads in EST time on another forum sob sob). Maybe we'll update the thread title with an approximate date/countdown to the deadline so that it clears things up.

Thank you! I hope it happens. OvO~

@roka:oohh!! THank you! :D that helps!

Ke-ki
Ke-ki
Conversationalist

Back to top Go down

Post by Hokaru Thu Sep 23, 2010 5:38 am

Ohh I agree! I think so too. I mean getting stuff in early helps, but if you really cant make it and you'll need some sort of guideline as to what time it is and how much time is left, it's a great idea! I think it would help alot, I'm in the same boat as Ke-ki when it comes to time zone stuff Q__Q
Hokaru
Hokaru
Motor Mouth

Singing Alias : Chelsay Posts : 1035

https://www.youtube.com/user/Hokaru11792

Back to top Go down

Post by Ciel Sat Sep 25, 2010 2:39 am

As mong pointed out, posting it in GMT+8 technically means, that say it starts September 25th in GMT+8, it really started on the 24th in whatever else timezone that's behind, and technically everyone still has the same amount of time to submit - there's no advantage to being in a further timezone, purely because the length of time you have to submit is the same.

That said, a timer script could be a really good tool, though the best is really just to do it wayyyyy before the deadline - deadlines here are long gaiz!!
Ciel
Ciel
Retired Staff

My YTC Story CB (1) Round 1

http://flavors.me/justciel

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down