Youtube Chorus Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
NEWS
Working on updating the site and adding new features.
Join our Discord channel to talk about possible events and layout changes!
Latest topics
» [MONTHLY THEME] April: Reach as High as You Can~Due April 30th
by sonic-nancy-fan Mon Apr 01, 2024 2:42 pm

» [MONTHLY THEME] March: Old Stuff~Due March 31st
by sonic-nancy-fan Sat Mar 30, 2024 1:36 pm

» Joker's Trans-lyrics
by sonic-nancy-fan Sat Mar 30, 2024 1:33 pm

» fluffy's pudding stash- i mean covers.
by fluffyparuko Mon Mar 11, 2024 7:52 pm

» [MONTHLY THEME] February: Love in the Air~Due March 5th
by sonic-nancy-fan Sat Mar 02, 2024 6:03 pm

» ~Uniqflame Covers and Voice acting stuff~
by Uniqflame Thu Feb 22, 2024 3:08 pm

» [MONTHLY THEME] January: Bittersweet Chocolate~Due January 31st
by sonic-nancy-fan Tue Jan 30, 2024 11:46 am

» ✾ Faeri's Covers ✾
by FaeriMagic Tue Jan 16, 2024 8:22 pm

» [MONTHLY THEME] December: Snow Day~Due December 31st
by sonic-nancy-fan Sat Dec 30, 2023 9:10 pm

female singing voices vs male singing voices Which one do you like better?

+9
HappyKittyGirl
Kemi
Una
mikura
Imagase
rosewisteria
persona
irO
Kumbancha
13 posters

Go down

female singing voices vs male singing voices Which one do you like better? Empty female singing voices vs male singing voices Which one do you like better?

Post by Kumbancha Thu Aug 05, 2010 7:40 pm

ok, I ask this because I noticed I must be one of the few people here that prefers female singing voices to male singing voices, this does not mean I dislike guy voices, I mean, I love your sexy guy voices just as much as any other fangirl out there but I tend to lean more towards female voices for some reason, I find them more appealing and I like to compare my voice to theirs *shot*

So do u like female singers or male singers better?

PS:guys, don't feel bad, I still love your voices of course! a good singing voice is a good singing voice regardless of gender

Last edited by Kumbancha on Thu Aug 05, 2010 10:37 pm; edited 1 time in total
Kumbancha
Kumbancha
Motor Mouth

Singing Alias : Kumba Posts : 1151

Sakura No Ame Chorus Dango Daikazoku Chorus My YTC Story

Back to top Go down

female singing voices vs male singing voices Which one do you like better? Empty Re: female singing voices vs male singing voices Which one do you like better?

Post by irO Thu Aug 05, 2010 7:58 pm

i actually also prefer listening to female voices more owo
(with the exception of a few) but generally if you present me with an anime opening with a female singer and one with a male singer, i'd listen to the female more often
irO
irO
iPost'a'Lot

Singing Alias : いろ Posts : 2740
Location : in a cardboard box that's in a room that's in a house that's in a city that's in a province that's in Canada

https://www.youtube.com/user/Oriolis

Back to top Go down

female singing voices vs male singing voices Which one do you like better? Empty Re: female singing voices vs male singing voices Which one do you like better?

Post by Guest Thu Aug 05, 2010 8:10 pm

I LOVE ME SOME MEN
HUFF HUFF HUFF

Other than five or so singers, I don't go out of my way to listen to female singers.

but I have so many male singers I stalk.
and all boy choruses are HNGHHHH~NN~~♥ !

=w=)b + yes ♥

Back to top Go down

Post by persona Thu Aug 05, 2010 9:23 pm

I think the reason most of us prefer male voices is because most people prefer female voices... Or rather, the music industry thinks most people prefer female voices so there are a lot of female voices - aye, even female vocaloids.

As for me, I like guys voices because I can appreciate how hard it is to sing the way they do... how they use power in hitting high notes, how they manage their falsetto use, etc. I don't know jack about how a girl sings lol.
persona
persona
Talking Fruit/Vegetable

Singing Alias : persona Posts : 113

https://www.youtube.com/user/Vocaloidict

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Aug 05, 2010 9:33 pm

persona wrote:As for me, I like guys voices because I can appreciate how hard it is to sing the way they do... how they use power in hitting high notes, how they manage their falsetto use, etc. I don't know jack about how a girl sings lol.
Mhmm, it could be said the same for me, too. Generally I don't really know how a guy's singing voice works, like the types of male voices, how high can they sing and how they maintain their falsetto. That's why I probably appreciate female singing voices more because I can compare and relate my voice to theirs. Male singers still make me go unf unf, though, hahaha. Wink

Back to top Go down

Post by rosewisteria Thu Aug 05, 2010 10:44 pm

Male all the way~~~~ I\'m In Love..

Why? It's simple. XD I am a female singer. I know how girls sing and all that stuff so... guys and their voices that I can't reach fascinate me sweet
rosewisteria
rosewisteria
Motor Mouth

Singing Alias : Minnie/Jez Posts : 679

My YTC Story CB (1) Round 1 CB (1) Round 2

http://rosewisteria.wordpress.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Imagase Fri Aug 06, 2010 5:03 am

both. Whatever turns me on hahaaha xD
though I do tend to lean more towards guys.

high pitches hurts my ears, so I like a more mellow, and softer/ lower tune of a guy compare to a girl.

and besides, girls RARELY sing low anyways, while guys, despite having a low range, tends to/MAINLY sing the female parts, higher pitches, since its so competitive in the music industry. so I give them more credit :3

Imagase
Imagase
Talking Fruit/Vegetable

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Aug 06, 2010 6:42 am

Males.

Why?

Because I like sexy manly voices.

Back to top Go down

Post by mikura Fri Aug 06, 2010 7:31 am

Yes.
Men.
Omnomnomonom.

But some Female voices are good, too.
Just less sexier.
mikura
mikura
Motor Mouth

Singing Alias : みくら Posts : 1177
My YTC Story

https://www.youtube.com/user/imusiiq

Back to top Go down

Post by Una Fri Aug 06, 2010 7:47 am

Female voices o-o (I prefer Mezzo-Soprano or Alto voices though 8D) It's easier to measure my standard i guess? o: I mean, of course I like male voices, but I find that i have higher expectations of male voices for some reason, so it's harder for me to really get attached to a guy's voice OTL

~Una
Una
Una
Talkative

My YTC Story CB (1) Round 1

https://www.youtube.com/user/Unawhut

Back to top Go down

Post by Kemi Fri Aug 06, 2010 8:47 am

I like listening to female singers because whenever I listen to male voices I compare mine to theirs it just doesn't seem to sound right.
Kemi
Kemi
Motor Mouth

Singing Alias : Kemi Posts : 945

My YTC Story

Back to top Go down

Post by HappyKittyGirl Sat Aug 07, 2010 7:36 pm

I love ridiculously strong voices. owo; other than that, I don't care the gender. ;w; I think it's cuz I love to sing loudly, but my voice isn't as strong as I wish it was, so I really admire people who can be all "BWAAAAA LISTEN TO MY LOUD LOVELY VOICE ;* " =w=)b

(B-but, i still like soft voices and cute voices too *A*~ )
HappyKittyGirl
HappyKittyGirl
Keyboard Smasher

Singing Alias : Kitty Posts : 2297

My YTC Story

https://www.youtube.com/user/HappyKittyGirl

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Aug 07, 2010 9:42 pm

I loves all the men voices, so hot. *_* Mostly because where I live, guys don't sing at all so I love guys who aren't afraid to show how awesome their voices are.

I enjoy female voices too, mostly if they're cute and soft (which is probably why I adore my singing partner's voice) or deep enough to pass for a guy. Genderbent singing ftw! xDD

Back to top Go down

Post by AnotherNicoUploader Mon Aug 09, 2010 12:18 am

It really depends on the song, really. I used to listen to exclusively women, but now it's just about an even spread between the two for me.

[REN] and Guriri <3

AnotherNicoUploader
Retired Staff

Singing Alias : ANU Posts : 399

Sakura No Ame Chorus My YTC Story

https://www.youtube.com/user/AnotherNicoUploader

Back to top Go down

Post by apol Mon Aug 09, 2010 2:35 am

I like listening to male singing in higher pitch *cough* Piko *cough* Nodoame *cough*
apol
apol
Resident Shota

Singing Alias : アポル / apolP Posts : 1495

Dango Daikazoku Chorus My YTC Story CB (1) Round 1 CB (1) Round 2 CB (1) Round 3

https://www.youtube.com/user/apolxcore

Back to top Go down

Post by Akemi Mon Aug 09, 2010 8:25 am

Sayuki Ai wrote:Males.

Why?

Because I like sexy manly voices.

*nods*
Akemi
Akemi
Motor Mouth

Singing Alias : Akemi Posts : 877

Sakura No Ame Chorus CB (1) Round 1

https://www.youtube.com/user/Akemi2407

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Aug 10, 2010 11:24 am

I prefer when guys sing. I usually by habit never really pay attention to females or female based chorus. There was a point where I thought I found a song where I liked girls singing it more than guys.... I was wrong again. =/

It's all preferences.
(I don't listen to other shotas oddly)

Back to top Go down

Post by ChibiKumiko Thu Aug 12, 2010 6:33 pm

I like male singers better, they interest me more...I dunno. I guess it's because I listen to a lot of female singers that I'm sort of used to their voices. So listening to a male singer is different than to what I hear most of the time.
I do like female voices too though like especially if they reach a high note or if their voices sound kawaii or if they just sound awesome. But I just like male voices a wee bit more. =)
ChibiKumiko
ChibiKumiko
Conversationalist

Singing Alias : Kumiko/クミコ Posts : 180

Dango Daikazoku Chorus Dango Chorus Illustration My YTC Story

https://www.youtube.com/user/xChibiYumiChan

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down