Youtube Chorus Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
NEWS
Working on updating the site and adding new features.
Join our Discord channel to talk about possible events and layout changes!
Latest topics
» [MONTHLY THEME] April: Reach as High as You Can~Due April 30th
by sonic-nancy-fan Mon Apr 01, 2024 2:42 pm

» [MONTHLY THEME] March: Old Stuff~Due March 31st
by sonic-nancy-fan Sat Mar 30, 2024 1:36 pm

» Joker's Trans-lyrics
by sonic-nancy-fan Sat Mar 30, 2024 1:33 pm

» fluffy's pudding stash- i mean covers.
by fluffyparuko Mon Mar 11, 2024 7:52 pm

» [MONTHLY THEME] February: Love in the Air~Due March 5th
by sonic-nancy-fan Sat Mar 02, 2024 6:03 pm

» ~Uniqflame Covers and Voice acting stuff~
by Uniqflame Thu Feb 22, 2024 3:08 pm

» [MONTHLY THEME] January: Bittersweet Chocolate~Due January 31st
by sonic-nancy-fan Tue Jan 30, 2024 11:46 am

» ✾ Faeri's Covers ✾
by FaeriMagic Tue Jan 16, 2024 8:22 pm

» [MONTHLY THEME] December: Snow Day~Due December 31st
by sonic-nancy-fan Sat Dec 30, 2023 9:10 pm

The most outstanding characters personality and attitude

5 posters

Go down

The most outstanding characters personality and attitude Empty The most outstanding characters personality and attitude

Post by Guest Wed Aug 04, 2010 9:06 am

you see that there's a lot characters in anime and manga.. and wanted to know something.. there's some anima and manga that really doesn't have a very interesting plot but most of them are popular because of the characters?... I really want to know what kind of personality or attitude or whatever can make a manga/anime popular...

Back to top Go down

The most outstanding characters personality and attitude Empty Re: The most outstanding characters personality and attitude

Post by mikura Wed Aug 04, 2010 9:08 am

I would have to say that the most popular now-a-days would be Tsundere and Moe.

Yandere is also getting more popular, though.
Well anyways, there are a lot. o uo
mikura
mikura
Motor Mouth

Singing Alias : みくら Posts : 1177
My YTC Story

https://www.youtube.com/user/imusiiq

Back to top Go down

The most outstanding characters personality and attitude Empty Re: The most outstanding characters personality and attitude

Post by Guest Wed Aug 04, 2010 9:27 am

eveybody says tsundere.. but what does that mean.. is when they have double personality or ir because they are crazy and violent?!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Aug 04, 2010 10:54 am

Ahaha, it's not exactly a split personality, more like split moods. That character's usually angry and irritable (the tsun of tsundere), but because of something (like talking to their crush), that character becomes all shy and sweet (the dere of tsundere). It could be the reverse way too. You could read more about it and examples at Tvtrope's page, because Tvtropes is awesomeee.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Aug 04, 2010 10:12 pm

and what are kind of character's personality that most people hate?
A selfish one, a weak one, a persistent one?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Aug 13, 2010 10:24 pm

I normally seen that a lot of people hates selfish characters...

Back to top Go down

Post by NaNo ✩ Sat Aug 14, 2010 10:56 am

I actually like the selfish ones. Selfish ones might be.. well, selfish. But I think it's nice they at least know what they REALLY want. Sure, it's not good to selfish, but still.. But I am not into the "moe" characters. Cute, Clumsy, kind of air-headed. I don't like it much because it's so over done now-a-days. :/

But I have to agree with the fact that "Tsundere" and "Moe" is popular.
NaNo ✩
NaNo ✩

Singing Alias : NaNo ✩ Posts : 23

My YTC Story

https://www.youtube.com/user/NanoDesuify

Back to top Go down

Post by ~AutumnZephyr~ Sat Aug 14, 2010 10:59 am

I find the ones that are most hated are the really annoying ones, the ones that you want to send in first in case of the zombie apocalypse Te-he!
~AutumnZephyr~
~AutumnZephyr~
Spambot Xtreme

Singing Alias : とめし Posts : 4174

My YTC Story

https://www.youtube.com/user/ShadowSentry

Back to top Go down

Post by Kasikki Sun Aug 15, 2010 3:47 pm

A lot of people like deredere o_o

But Yandere's I find most interesting (Though would not suggest them with a relationship)
Kasikki
Kasikki
Talking Fruit/Vegetable

My YTC Story

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Aug 15, 2010 10:01 pm

What is deredere? the opposite of tsundere??

Back to top Go down

Post by Kasikki Sun Aug 15, 2010 10:40 pm

deredere is basically completely nice sweet and shyish.
Kasikki
Kasikki
Talking Fruit/Vegetable

My YTC Story

Back to top Go down

Post by [★] Winter Mon Aug 16, 2010 5:25 am

Yandere FTW~
-sits next to Russia-
= w =
[★] Winter
[★] Winter
iPost'a'Lot

Singing Alias : Posts : 3007

Dango Daikazoku Chorus My YTC Story

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Aug 16, 2010 8:36 am

and now what's yandere?!? AHHHHHH!! Confused Sweat

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Aug 16, 2010 8:38 am

How many are there? can you tell everything of -dere things?!

Back to top Go down

Post by Kasikki Mon Aug 16, 2010 8:44 am

Yandere is a person who is overly obsessed with someone to the point were they would do ANYTHING it get them (If it means killing people or even killing him)

They usually seem normal at first.
Kasikki
Kasikki
Talking Fruit/Vegetable

My YTC Story

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Aug 18, 2010 4:26 pm

Do people like weird characters...
I mean.. example.. a boy that is quiet and serious.. but likes to dance and is a pervert...

(sorry, sounds stupid.. but can't get another idea;Wink

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Aug 20, 2010 12:59 am

or unique characters..? that is same as weird.. right?;; -ㅁ-.; because I feel that some people won't like those characters

Back to top Go down

Post by ~AutumnZephyr~ Fri Aug 20, 2010 1:43 am

Mmm... I kinda agree... People like characters that stand out, whether it is because they are overly one thing or another, as in one extreme or another... It is also how they are depicted, for example most people don't like a "normal" character, with no real character flaws and no pros either, but if he is described by himself or others as "a person who's only remarkable quality is being quite unremarkable" then people begin to be interested... Overall it's trying to get to the viewers something they don't see in their everyday lives...
~AutumnZephyr~
~AutumnZephyr~
Spambot Xtreme

My YTC Story

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Aug 20, 2010 8:57 am

do most people like negative attitudes?..
and it doesn't sound weird if a girl, herself, hates girls?.. right?
because to me it sounds normal.. but I wonder if other people thinks this way...

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Aug 20, 2010 10:01 am

Negative attitudes can differ... if a boy's negative about everyone around him but just so happens to be bad arse in terms of fighting and such, it's no wonder a lot of people in the fan base like him. However, if it's just a whiny kid who's scared of everything, god, I would see why no one like 'em.

Spoiler:

I'm being quite vague here, but honestly, I don't really want to give something more specific, and being vague gives a general idea, no?

Back to top Go down

Post by ~AutumnZephyr~ Fri Aug 20, 2010 11:10 am

Thats another quality people look for in characters... How detailed does the story teller go into the character? If you know every single detail about the character, they become bland and shallow, one has to wonder how detailed they can get...
~AutumnZephyr~
~AutumnZephyr~
Spambot Xtreme

My YTC Story

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Aug 20, 2010 11:58 am

Mhmm, personally I like characters with more of the depth and characterization, that, of course, aren't too cliched and overboard. That way, if they're characters I especially like (I could be considered a fangirl to certain characters from different series), I'll know them a lot better. It's like trying to know your crush a lot more by taking them to dates and having conversations with them to see what they like to eat, their hobbies, etc., because you like them.

So... in a way, characters should be obviously interesting, but at the same time, not too... dramatized, should I say? That's why I'm not too big a fan of the drama/angst genre 'cause there's always characters like those. Focused too much on their past, less on their actual personalities. And the fact that they're all depressing. Wink

Ooo, also, there's character development that people look for. A character who was once a scared, low self-esteemed kid who, through out the series, becomes a strong, leader-type person is very charming for many people.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Aug 20, 2010 2:35 pm

Then... normally they like characters that are different.. abnormal? right..?
because I personally like characters that are abnormal.. how could I say it... very different, interesting and fun... but this is what I like.. so I wanted to know more about what other people likes.. because normally negative attitudes.. just like selfish, mean, antisocial, etc.. they don't seem to like it.. or do they...? because of course, as mentioned.. it would be hateful someone abnormal like an psychopath character would be in real life.. it would dreadfully scary...and annoying.. and I've seen how people says they hate characters that are first weak..and always loses.. but when they are in danger.. that weak character always saves them and bla, bla.. they think that it's an annoying cliche for a character...
do they like character that first is dull, boring, or hateful, selfish develops throughout the story advances..?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Aug 20, 2010 3:00 pm

Honestly, I can't generalize what kinds of characters I like, because... it's wrong. It's like saying that you like pasta, but you can't obviously like all types of pasta, right? I like Vermicelli a lot, but not so much a big fan of egg pasta, but they're in the same kind of category, see? I like a diverse amount of characters, from shy to just plain psychopathic. But of course, I'll generalize this: they can have whatever personality, but if they're badass, then they're cool, ahahahaha.
Junie wrote:and I've seen how people says they hate characters that are first weak..and always loses.. but when they are in danger.. that weak character always saves them and bla, bla.. they think that it's an annoying cliche for a character...
In a way, yeah. I mean, if that character is still that weak, shriveled-up kid after a bijillion chapters or episodes without any character development, then it'll be tedious to some people, even to the extent calling it a cliche. It's shunned upon by a lot of people because the character's too linear--kind of like having only one emotion or personality trait. That's boring, repetitive, and most of all, unrealistic.

If, however, the main character were to gain confidence and strength over time, most of the time, a lot more people would generally like them. That character may not be a person's favourite character out of the whole cast, but at least that character development will give a person some kind of mutual liking towards the character, because it's realistic and something people could relate to, right?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Aug 20, 2010 3:23 pm

yeah.. it's true.. arter all there's a lot different characters in the whole manga/ anime and of course there'll be a character that most people likes.. but also there'll a lot people that hates that character...

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down