Youtube Chorus Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
NEWS
Working on updating the site and adding new features.
Join our Discord channel to talk about possible events and layout changes!
Latest topics
» [MONTHLY THEME] April: Reach as High as You Can~Due April 30th
by sonic-nancy-fan Mon Apr 01, 2024 2:42 pm

» [MONTHLY THEME] March: Old Stuff~Due March 31st
by sonic-nancy-fan Sat Mar 30, 2024 1:36 pm

» Joker's Trans-lyrics
by sonic-nancy-fan Sat Mar 30, 2024 1:33 pm

» fluffy's pudding stash- i mean covers.
by fluffyparuko Mon Mar 11, 2024 7:52 pm

» [MONTHLY THEME] February: Love in the Air~Due March 5th
by sonic-nancy-fan Sat Mar 02, 2024 6:03 pm

» ~Uniqflame Covers and Voice acting stuff~
by Uniqflame Thu Feb 22, 2024 3:08 pm

» [MONTHLY THEME] January: Bittersweet Chocolate~Due January 31st
by sonic-nancy-fan Tue Jan 30, 2024 11:46 am

» ✾ Faeri's Covers ✾
by FaeriMagic Tue Jan 16, 2024 8:22 pm

» [MONTHLY THEME] December: Snow Day~Due December 31st
by sonic-nancy-fan Sat Dec 30, 2023 9:10 pm

Setta's way too good to be true singer debut (cross-upload from Nico)

4 posters

Go down

Setta's way too good to be true singer debut (cross-upload from Nico) Empty Setta's way too good to be true singer debut (cross-upload from Nico)

Post by Ciel Tue Apr 27, 2010 7:38 pm

(Practically copied the entire comment from my YT video because I'm lazy.)

( ゜∀゜)o彡゜SETTAN( ゜∀゜)o彡゜SETTAN( ゜∀゜)o彡゜

Cross-post from Nico because...I can! I know I shouldn't, but I figured this kind of joke is less likely to hit bad waters in the western community anyway. I mean we do stuff like this ALL the time 8DDD.

So, amidst some rocky reception of this, the original video is now community locked to Soraru's community - if you'd like to support Setta in his uh, quest to becoming a singer, feel free to join the comm (why aren't you a member anyway? Soraru!!!!!!), and mylist the video!

Setta, or Settan, as everyone affectionally calls him, is someone who decided one fine day to community jack Soraru's community and host a broadcast there. And then Soraru's fangirls (me included) decided he was adorable. And then some how or another, Soraru managed to bully him into singing this. 8D. The list of people involved in this production will make ANYONE who knows anything about Nico Nico Douga want to cry and wish they had a debut like this 8D! (Before the original video was deleted, it went over 1600 views and 250-odd mylists XD;Wink.

Vocal: Settan
Mixing: AtarimeP (yes, that AtarimeP)
Illust: MACCO (yes, that MACCO)
Harmonies: Soraru (yes, that Soraru)
Video: Ciel (er, that is, me)

This was my first real time using After Effects, and my first time ever making a PV, so I'm sorry that it's a bit lame Q_Q. I TRIED MY BEST. FOR SETTA'S SAKE!!!!!!!!

P.S. The singing is um, uh, ~beautiful~. :'D

Nico Nico Link: http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/1272398141 (You need to be a member of Soraru's community in order to view it!)
Ciel
Ciel
Retired Staff

My YTC Story CB (1) Round 1

http://flavors.me/justciel

Back to top Go down

Setta's way too good to be true singer debut (cross-upload from Nico) Empty Re: Setta's way too good to be true singer debut (cross-upload from Nico)

Post by Tsukiyo Tue Apr 27, 2010 8:52 pm

OH HO I JOINED. -watching this on rerun because Settan is so awesome-
Tsukiyo
Tsukiyo
Motor Mouth

Singing Alias : 狼月 Posts : 705

Back to top Go down

Setta's way too good to be true singer debut (cross-upload from Nico) Empty Re: Setta's way too good to be true singer debut (cross-upload from Nico)

Post by Cherysh Tue Apr 27, 2010 11:58 pm

面白いなあwww

+ 1 fan
Cherysh
Cherysh
Talkative

Sakura No Ame Chorus Dango Daikazoku Chorus Dango Chorus Illustration My YTC Story CB (1) Round 1 CB (1) Round 2

Back to top Go down

Post by Ciel Wed Apr 28, 2010 9:34 am

It's even funnier to watch it on Nico with all the comments. I swear 8DDD
Ciel
Ciel
Retired Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by Kira Wed Apr 28, 2010 10:19 am

oh xDDD it's funny~i like it^^
and great illstration and video! :3
hope there will be more XDDD
and the rolling girl was kinda random? XD"
Kira
Kira
Conversationalist

Singing Alias : ひむろ - himuro Posts : 257

https://www.youtube.com/user/OKiraO

Back to top Go down

Post by Ciel Wed Apr 28, 2010 5:38 pm

@Kir4: My face was exactly like the face in the video at that part :'D. The illustration, Soraru's chorus and AtarimeP's mixing is slightly wasted on Setta. But we love him, so y'know. SETTA <3.

We were joking about a second song, but I don't think any of us are mentally ready to take on it yet 8D;;
Ciel
Ciel
Retired Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by Kira Wed Apr 28, 2010 11:15 pm

izaya wrote:@Kir4: My face was exactly like the face in the video at that part :'D. The illustration, Soraru's chorus and AtarimeP's mixing is slightly wasted on Setta. But we love him, so y'know. SETTA <3.

We were joking about a second song, but I don't think any of us are mentally ready to take on it yet 8D;;
Although there are versions, which are better sung, I really like it.LOL
I like his voice~it's funny and...that's what I call a good start in his career xDDDD
It's the crack effect and he is kinda...cute fishy face .LOL
"???" XD
Second Song? I'm a fan of it! I\'m In Love.. (Even if it's only still a joke) XDDDDDDDDD
But wow, you got some contacts there~
Kira
Kira
Conversationalist

Back to top Go down

Post by Ciel Thu Apr 29, 2010 2:57 am

I'm glad this joke is going well overseas haha. There are some Vocaloid P's taking it too serious (I guess we did hype it up...a lot XD;;. It's hard to not when you've got such bigshot people producing it LOL).

Setta's never sung in his entire life, and purposely bought a microphone and practiced the song everyday for this. In that way it's sort of cute to go BAWWWW GANBATTE, YOU CAN DO IT while listening to the song (and laughing hilariously) 8D;;. THE AUTOTUNE PART. LOL.

It was a fluke! I've already known AtarimeP from a mixer group chat we have on Skype, and I just offered to make the video and got to know Soraru and MACCO through it :3!
Ciel
Ciel
Retired Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by Kira Thu Apr 29, 2010 3:15 am

and sry that I spam this topic, but I'm listening to that song since this morning LOL (ok it's still midday now)
~
they are taking it serious? in what way? XD"
but yeah XD He's getting promoted that way XDDD

Oh rly? but lool~yeah xD I'm laughing my a ss(it's not allowed to write that? LOL test:A@#) off, but it has reduced to a grin now. loool orz
yeah, I'd call him cute, too XDDDDD
But his first time? wow xD~
hmm I dunno which part of the song is my favorite XDDDD
There are some rly genius parts~like the beginning/intro or the rolling girl XD" (with that face LOL)
And the vocals are with the video like day and night XD"
but that's cool~(and since he bought the microphone, he can keep it, to do more.loooooool)
btw-edit: i tried to sing against/with him...it's useless.LOL I can't get the original harmonies, when he's singing...he is way too dominant.LOL OTL

Off-topic:
Spoiler:
Kira
Kira
Conversationalist

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Apr 29, 2010 8:19 am

At first I thought "Who the heck is this guy?"
Then I realized he's good. Really good^^

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Apr 29, 2010 9:29 am

I not really sure what to think about this, but I kinda like it...

(His voice is very beautiful....)

Back to top Go down

Post by Kira Sat May 01, 2010 3:27 am

he just has a namahousou right now? XD"
it was kinda random....at first a live@sorarus community..then there was another link..and then...
Setta singing Seikan Hikou? I loled! it was kinda...cute fishy face ? XD"
he should get his own community.looool
Kira
Kira
Conversationalist

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down