Youtube Chorus Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
NEWS
Working on updating the site and adding new features.
Join our Discord channel to talk about possible events and layout changes!
Latest topics
» fluffy's pudding stash- i mean covers.
by fluffyparuko Mon Mar 11, 2024 7:52 pm

» [MONTHLY THEME] February: Love in the Air~Due March 5th
by sonic-nancy-fan Sat Mar 02, 2024 6:03 pm

» Joker's Trans-lyrics
by sonic-nancy-fan Sat Mar 02, 2024 6:00 pm

» [MONTHLY THEME] March: Old Stuff~Due March 31st
by sonic-nancy-fan Sat Mar 02, 2024 5:08 pm

» ~Uniqflame Covers and Voice acting stuff~
by Uniqflame Thu Feb 22, 2024 3:08 pm

» [MONTHLY THEME] January: Bittersweet Chocolate~Due January 31st
by sonic-nancy-fan Tue Jan 30, 2024 11:46 am

» ✾ Faeri's Covers ✾
by FaeriMagic Tue Jan 16, 2024 8:22 pm

» [MONTHLY THEME] December: Snow Day~Due December 31st
by sonic-nancy-fan Sat Dec 30, 2023 9:10 pm

» [MONTHLY THEME] November: Together in Harmony~Due November 30th
by sonic-nancy-fan Thu Nov 30, 2023 3:02 pm

Manga Recommendations?

+10
C2yaya
mong
Hanamiko
Aeon
Hisui.Emmerich
Unidentified Child
Akemi
SilverWalker
Syn
Rei
14 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Manga Recommendations? Empty Manga Recommendations?

Post by Rei Sat Mar 13, 2010 8:33 pm

Well. I'm running out of mangas to read ._." Because I read publishing mangas which means the chapters released and published are really unsatisfying enough so.. would you care to give out any manga recommendations you like? Any Genre, be my guess. Happiness

• Title:
  • Genre:[As I have said, any genre.]
  • Summary:[Just a short one.]

Please do follow that to have a proper way of recommending. And this is not only for me, it's for everyone. So please :3 Te-he!
Rei
Rei
Hyperactive SUGAR HIGH

Singing Alias : れいれい Posts : 1669

Sakura No Ame Chorus Dango Daikazoku Chorus Dango Chorus Illustration My YTC Story YTC 2015 Blind Duet Participant

http://reili.blog127.fc2.com/

Back to top Go down

Manga Recommendations? Empty Re: Manga Recommendations?

Post by Guest Sun Mar 14, 2010 8:02 am

Manga Recommendations? A1417c52bb3029dfe4872b9ff42445e2_thumb

Title: Gochisou-sama

Genre: BL, Fluff, comedy (LOLOL sorry about that xD;;Manga Recommendations? Icon_wink

Summary:

When part-timer Hiroto gives some food to the adorable child in the park, he doesn't imagine that the child's father will offer him a job. Mamoru is a very picky eater and his father Suguru needs a reliable housekeeper since his job as a pilot keeps him away for days at time. The only rule is, no falling in love with Suguru, which should be easy, right? Right?!

imo its kawaii *headdesk* orz.

Back to top Go down

Post by Rei Mon Mar 15, 2010 2:22 am

Oh. It's a BL stuffie. I'll read it, nao! sweet

Thank you for that. Shiny
Rei
Rei
Hyperactive SUGAR HIGH

Sakura No Ame Chorus Dango Daikazoku Chorus Dango Chorus Illustration My YTC Story YTC 2015 Blind Duet Participant

Back to top Go down

Post by Syn Mon Mar 15, 2010 3:35 am

Wait, what type of manga do you tend to like?
(As in action, romance, fantasy, slice of life, comedy, drama, psychological...)
Syn
Syn
Conversationalist

Singing Alias : Syn Posts : 256
Banner Design Winner Dec 2009 Banner Decorator * 1 Dango Chorus Illustration

Back to top Go down

Post by Rei Mon Mar 15, 2010 4:24 am

I said it can be anything. But oh well, I love Romance the most. :3
Rei
Rei
Hyperactive SUGAR HIGH

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Mar 16, 2010 5:01 am

Manga Recommendations? Another_yami_no_matsuei_cast
Title: Yami no Matsuei

Genre: (Lots lol) Mystery, Sci-Fi, Shounen, Action, Comedy (shounen ai hint lol), Fantasy, etc (like I said lots xD)

Summary:

Even after death, life is full of paperwork and criminals. Tsuzuki Asato is a 26 year old, happy-go-lucky, and dorky shinigami (god of death) whose job is to makes sure that those who are dead remain dead and stay in their proper realms. Even though he's had this job for over 70 years, he is in the worst division with horrible pay. He also has a knack for not keeping partners (since shinigami work in pairs), but now he seems to have one that will stick around; stubborn, smart-mouthed, serious and defensive 16 year old, Kurosaki Hisoka. With each case they investigate, they come closer to the conspiracies of the serial killer Dr. Muraki Kazutaka. Tsuzuki's relationship with Hisoka is growing stronger and closer...but there is a dark past to how Tsuzuki died that will not give him peace.

Please tell me you've read it right ;___;

Back to top Go down

Post by Rei Tue Mar 16, 2010 5:40 am

I've heard of it and it says it's hiatus for a while but I don't know now but oh well, *opens list* time to read it baby! 8D
Rei
Rei
Hyperactive SUGAR HIGH

Back to top Go down

Post by SilverWalker Sat Mar 20, 2010 7:37 pm

you might have read this one...but just in case...

Manga Recommendations? Cover

Name: Zettai Kareshi (Absolute Boyfriend)

Genre: Comedy, Romance, Drama, School life, Sci-Fi, Shoujo, Tragedy.

Summary:
Rejected by way too many good-looking (and unattainable) guys, Riiko Izawa goes online and signs up for a free trial of a mysterious Nightly Lover "figure." The very next day a cute naked guy is delivered to her door, and he wants to be her boyfriend!
Has Riiko died and gone to heaven? The cute guy turns out to be sweet, smart, a great cook, and lots more. And, better yet, he looks like a million bucks, which is what he's going to cost Riiko if she doesn't return him in time! Will she? Or will Night be taken back to the company and made into scrap metal
SilverWalker
SilverWalker
Talking Fruit/Vegetable

http://www.silverleafwarriors.proboards.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Rei Mon Mar 22, 2010 1:47 am

Ah yes I did *3* it's so romantic (I wanna rape Night lol).
Rei
Rei
Hyperactive SUGAR HIGH

Back to top Go down

Post by Akemi Tue Mar 23, 2010 6:10 pm

Zettai Kareshi is one of my all time favs!!

At the moment I'm intrigued by this manga:

Manga Recommendations? 0310

•Title: Are You Alice?
•Genre: Mystery/Thriller(?)/Horror(?)/Adventure
•Summary: Alice finds himself lost in wonderland, involved in a game to kill the white rabbit - apparently led in by the white rabbit himself. Is he Alice? Will he be the winner the residents of Wonderland are waiting for? Who's this girl - MaryAnne - who strangely resemble's Lewes Caroll's creation?

The artwork is AMAZING!! It's spot on the art style that I'm in love with (kind of like Obata Takeshi's style or Hoshino Katsura's old style)
Akemi
Akemi
Motor Mouth

Singing Alias : Akemi Posts : 877

Sakura No Ame Chorus CB (1) Round 1

https://www.youtube.com/user/Akemi2407

Back to top Go down

Post by SilverWalker Fri Mar 26, 2010 1:09 pm

Author of D Gray Man. Her art is amazing. My art style though is more along the lines of this. Its beautiful and very romantic. Its yaoi yet i adore it.

Manga Recommendations? Cover

Title: Turning Point (Yaoi)

Genre: Drama, Romance, Yaoi

Summary:In the pursuit of his dream to become a successful writer, Sakuragi Keigo has become jaded and disillusioned. All he really wants any more is a good night's sleep, unburdened by the stress and pressure of his career. When he picks up a stranded Imamura Toshiki, a student looking for his own dream to follow, Sakuragi finds himself being inexplicably kind to the younger man. Why? Will Imamura be able to help Sakuragi sleep through the night?

its wonderful. ive read it tons of times and havent gotten tired of it.
SilverWalker
SilverWalker
Talking Fruit/Vegetable

Back to top Go down

Post by Rei Sat Mar 27, 2010 5:11 am

@Akemi: I lurve that manga baby! XD the manga ish slow though .. xD

@Silver-chan: Ooooohh! (*narrator:ish my master a yaoi lover?)-smacks narrator- shut up! *turns around* thank you for the recommendation Silver-chan! Happiness I love D.Gray's author so muccchh~ sweet
Rei
Rei
Hyperactive SUGAR HIGH

Back to top Go down

Post by Unidentified Child Sat Mar 27, 2010 10:18 am

Klaus are you a Yaoi fan?
Unidentified Child
Unidentified Child

Singing Alias : Child Posts : 24

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Mar 27, 2010 10:20 am

Unidentified Child wrote:Klaus are you a Yaoi fan?

of all the user, why did you ask me? (.__.)

Back to top Go down

Post by SilverWalker Sat Mar 27, 2010 3:08 pm

well the avatar hints something...but i cant be sure.... TEHE
SilverWalker
SilverWalker
Talking Fruit/Vegetable

Back to top Go down

Post by Rei Sat Mar 27, 2010 7:47 pm

@Child:aw come on, don't be rude. .3." You gotta save the answer to yourself.

@Klaus:That's because me*--the others I mean, aren't boldly showing it. xD

@Silver:LOL. So maybe that hints it. xD
Rei
Rei
Hyperactive SUGAR HIGH

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Mar 28, 2010 5:46 pm

fufu no fun if you're a closet person *smirks*

Back to top Go down

Post by Hisui.Emmerich Mon Mar 29, 2010 5:36 pm

Manga Recommendations? Thebreaker
* Title: The Breaker
* Genre:[Action Comedy Drama Martial Arts Romance School Life Shounen]
* Summary:
[from www.mangaupdates.com]
[The new HR teacher, Chun-woo, is not your ordinary teacher.
After unexpectedly witnessing his great power, Shin-woo, a weak pushover, begs him to let him become his disciple so he can become stronger. Chun-woo claims he can only teach Shin-woo if he is truly determined, and to prove that, he must throw his body into a deep river from a bridge to prove his will. However, it turns out Shin-woo wasn't aware of the power his master possessed. Shin-woo is about to enter a world of martial artists hidden from public eye, and he is to be taught by the best there is!]
Hisui.Emmerich
Hisui.Emmerich
Conversationalist

Singing Alias : ひすい Posts : 305
Location : In the place where the existence has been exiled...

https://www.youtube.com/user/VectorHisui

Back to top Go down

Post by Aeon Tue Apr 13, 2010 1:30 pm

Sorry. dont know the status of them. its been awhile since ive last looked.

Title: Ryuu no hanawazurai
Summary: There's a girl/princess. forgot her name. Setting is in a desert kingdom. Her fiance is the captain of army or something like that. Her old fiance who (thought to be dead) comes back. She has two flowers (kinda like magic tatoos), one of each hand, that blooms as she falls in love with the person whose flower it is.

Title: Gakuen Alice
Summary: There's a young girl who lives with her grandpa in a little countryside place. the local elementary school will be closed because of lack of funds. her friend Hotaru agrees to go to some farawy school b/c they will pay her, and she can use that money to fund the school that's closing. Main character follows her friend to the school, which turns out to be a school for special children with magical powers called "Alices." She finds out that her Alice is nullification.

Saiunkoku monogatari
Summary: Shuurei's father works for the royal family, but their family is poor. VERY poor. The king is lazy and leaves all the government work to his underlings, so the Old council dudes go to Shuurei's family to ask her to convince the king to start working by acting as his queen for a month or so. She agrees for the money, which they desperately need.

Bloody kiss
Summary: some girl moves into an old house that she inherited. There, she finds a vampire (or maybe it was two.. There were two guys in the story though... Bad memory. Sorry.)

Skip beat
(you've probably read this one already. it's very popular.)
Summary: Mogami Kyoko has been tricked by her "boyfriend" who made her move to Tokyo with him basically as a maid. She works many jobs in order to pay for the large apartment, cooks, and he never even pays attention to her. She hears him telling his manager one day, gets very angry, and decides to get revenge on him by beating him in showbiz.

Full moon wo sagashite
Summary: Mitsuki wants to become a singer and reunite with Eiji, a guy she liked who moved to America with his foster parents, but she meets a pair of shinigami who tell her she will die in a year because of her throat tumor or cancer or something.

Gentlemen's alliance/ Shinshi doumei Cross
Summary: Haine was sold by her father in order to bring their business out of trouble. She goes to a school where the Emperor (student council leader, basically) is the guy she admired when she was still in her rich family. (yes.. the one that sold her away) she tries to get closer to him, and discovers many secrets about that family.

Chibi Vampire:
Ended
Summary: Karin is a vampire, but instead of sucking blood, she GIVES blood. And what else? She likes a human. Too bad human+vampires make misery. it has a happy end though. ^-^ although it is kinda sad....XD

W Juliet
Finished
Summary: Miura Ito is always dressed as a guy and plays male roles in the school drama club. A new student, a very beautiful lady, also joins the drama club. But... she's actually a guy! He made a deal with his father. If he could pass through the rest of high school as a female, his father would let him continue acting.
Aeon
Aeon
Hyperactive SUGAR HIGH

Singing Alias : aeon Posts : 1683

I'm on the spice rack! Ai Kotoba II Chorus Ai Kotoba II Words Blind Duets Participant SMILING Participant Tako Luka Maguro Fever Event Participant Box of Cheer ٩๏̯͡๏۶ Participant YTC 2015 Blind Duet Participant Monthly Theme Participant (1/4)

Back to top Go down

Post by Hanamiko Tue Apr 13, 2010 6:15 pm

Manga Recommendations? Logo

• Title: Franken Fran
    Genre: comedy, horror, mature, medical , seinen
    Summary: Fran can make anyone into anything, raise the dead, switch heads and bodies and give you those eyes that you've always wanted. But do you actually want them? Is it a good thing to raise the dead? Do the ends justify the means? And does Fran care?

Manga Recommendations? Logo

• Title: Ichigo 100%
    Genre: anime, comedy, ecchi, harem, romance, shounen
    Summary:Manaka Junpei, one day goes to the roof of his school to get a beautiful view of his town. On the roof Junpei encounters a beautiful school girl who falls on top of him exposing her strawberry panties. The girl runs away before Junpei can find out her name. Junpei who aspires to become a filmaker thinks this encounter would be a perfect scene in a movie. So his search to find this girl begins with only one clue that she wears strawberry panties.

(Over all that talk about panties, it's really wonderful! It isn't a BS kinda manga, it really is wondeful and will pull you in, I highly recommend this anime.)

Last edited by Hanamiko on Tue Apr 13, 2010 6:40 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Because I needed to? o:<)
Hanamiko
Hanamiko
Talking Fruit/Vegetable

Singing Alias : Hana, Ash, Chibi Posts : 71
Location : Saved in a jar as your fuwa-fuwa strawberry marshmellow. :3

https://www.youtube.com/user/chibiloveforever

Back to top Go down

Post by mong Tue Apr 13, 2010 6:25 pm

Ehhh, my taste is kind of weird (like, Bokurano and 20th Century Boys weird), but I'll recommend what I think you may like~

Title: FAKE
Genre: Action, Comedy, BL/Yaoi
Summary:
To copypasta off the back of the books/Mangafox/wiki: Meet Ryo and Dee, two New York City cops with an attraction for action, and for each other! When Ryo, a soft spoken officer, joins the NYPD's 27th precinct, he's soon partnered up with Dee's a cocky, confident cop with attitude to spare.

That's pretty much it. XD It's basically about two cops in the NYPD fighting different crimes as they begin to fall in love with each other~ The art is kind of older-looking because it was written in 1994-ish. Also, the last two volumes are full-blown yaoi as opposed to BL, so younger readers be careful. XD There's also a sequel and the art is more modern looking, so if anyone gets turned off by the art there's that. 8'D

-------

Rabbit Doubt
Genre: Horror, Mystery

Summary:
[copypasta'ed off animeplanet] Rabbit Doubt is a popular new mystery game in which a ‘wolf' kills off each of a group of ‘rabbits' one by one. If the rabbits determine the identity of the wolf, they win the game; but if they suspect the wrong individual, the rabbits all die. Eiji, Rei, Mitsuki, Haruka, Yuu and Hajime are six friends who were meeting for the first time at a karaoke bar, but then, while separated, they lost consciousness and came to in a mysterious building - one of their bodies impaled on the wall. A real life game of Rabbit Doubt has begun. With paranoia and suspicion abounding, the survivors struggle to piece clues together before the Wolf picks them off one by one.

If you like stuff like Higurashi, you'll probably like this. :O The art is nice and it's quite short. It's also a bit gory. o_o

Last edited by mong on Tue Apr 13, 2010 6:34 pm; edited 1 time in total
mong
mong
Chorus Staff

Banner Decorator * 1 Dango Chorus Illustration My YTC Story CB (1) Round 1 CB (1) Round 2 CB (1) Round 3

Back to top Go down

Post by Hanamiko Tue Apr 13, 2010 6:27 pm

OH! RABBIT DOUBT FOR SURE.

It was pretty damn cool. It reminds me of SAW, for some reason. Haha.

Nice recommendation! ;D
Hanamiko
Hanamiko
Talking Fruit/Vegetable

Singing Alias : Hana, Ash, Chibi Posts : 71
Location : Saved in a jar as your fuwa-fuwa strawberry marshmellow. :3

https://www.youtube.com/user/chibiloveforever

Back to top Go down

Post by Rei Tue Apr 13, 2010 9:08 pm

*writes them down all and adds to manga list* I've read, Gakuen Alice, Skip Beat!, Bloody Kiss, and Ichigo 100% -shot-

fufu~ I gotta read the others Happiness arigatou! (Okay, will make a recommendation later, might edit this too -shot)
Rei
Rei
Hyperactive SUGAR HIGH

Back to top Go down

Post by C2yaya Thu Apr 15, 2010 8:26 pm

Title:Beast Master
Genre:[Romance.]
Summary:Yuiko Kubozuka is a high school girl who loves animals. Unfortunately, animals don't like her and flee away from her whenever she comes near. She meets a guy who looks scary, and when see blood= acts like a beast. What will happen between them?

DENGEKI DAISY
Ongoing I think
Comedy, Drama, Romance, School Life, Shoujo
summary:
Teru, a poor and kind girl, recently lost her older brother, her only remaining relative. Before he died, he gave her a cell phone connecting her to a person he said would support her if ever he were unable to. As time passes she is cheered on by text messages sent from this enigmatic person, known only as DAISY. But one day, through an unexpected incident as Teru begins working for the delinquent school janitor, Kurosaki, she starts to question DAISY's identity. DAISY may be closer to Teru than she thinks.

otokomae! Beads Kurabu

Status
Completed
Genre
Comedy, Romance, School Life, Shoujo
Summary
Copy and Paste- Have you ever seen a "very manly girl"? The heroine in this story, Oikawa Ibuki is just that type of girl. But you didn't know she actually has a dream of finding her soul mate who is even manlier than her. After transferring school, Ibuki was determined to act like a gentle lady. Yet on her first day of transfer, due to her righteous sense she went to save a small dog, and at the time she was seen by the suspicious "crow messenger"! Is Ibuki's whole image ruined!? And who is this mysterious "crow messenger"!?
(All by Motomi Kyousuke)

HANA TO AKUMA
Status ongoing
Genre: Romance, shoujo, Comedy,
summary
Copy and paste: 15-years-ago Vivi, the demon, decided to leave the demon realm and come to the human world. There he found an abandoned baby and on a whim decided to keep it. Since then he lived together with Hana...but having a 14 year-old girl around you, is it really that simple?

Kimi ni todoke
Genre: Romance
Summary:
copy and paste
Sawako Kuronuma, called Sadako by her classmates for her resemblance to the character Samara from 'The Ring' (a popular Japanese horror movie), has always been feared and misunderstood because of her appearance. There are rumors that Sawako can see ghosts and curse people. But when her idol, the popular Kazehaya, begins talking with her, everything changes. She finds herself in a new world, making new friends and talking to different people. Sawako opens up to new people, making it easy for them to hurt her or help her. Which will her new friends do?
C2yaya
C2yaya

http://c2yaya.wordpress.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Rei Thu Apr 15, 2010 8:28 pm

Here ish my manga list so far -shot- :
http://myanimelist.net/mangalist/FureiRen

>.>" This Beast Master thing .. . . .I will start reading it as soon as I'm done with some singing stuffs D8
Rei
Rei
Hyperactive SUGAR HIGH

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next