Youtube Chorus Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
NEWS
Working on updating the site and adding new features.
Join our Discord channel to talk about possible events and layout changes!
Latest topics
» fluffy's pudding stash- i mean covers.
by fluffyparuko Mon Mar 11, 2024 7:52 pm

» [MONTHLY THEME] February: Love in the Air~Due March 5th
by sonic-nancy-fan Sat Mar 02, 2024 6:03 pm

» Joker's Trans-lyrics
by sonic-nancy-fan Sat Mar 02, 2024 6:00 pm

» [MONTHLY THEME] March: Old Stuff~Due March 31st
by sonic-nancy-fan Sat Mar 02, 2024 5:08 pm

» ~Uniqflame Covers and Voice acting stuff~
by Uniqflame Thu Feb 22, 2024 3:08 pm

» [MONTHLY THEME] January: Bittersweet Chocolate~Due January 31st
by sonic-nancy-fan Tue Jan 30, 2024 11:46 am

» ✾ Faeri's Covers ✾
by FaeriMagic Tue Jan 16, 2024 8:22 pm

» [MONTHLY THEME] December: Snow Day~Due December 31st
by sonic-nancy-fan Sat Dec 30, 2023 9:10 pm

» [MONTHLY THEME] November: Together in Harmony~Due November 30th
by sonic-nancy-fan Thu Nov 30, 2023 3:02 pm

Youtube Copyright Bots? ;;

+4
xXMilkychanXx
Catalyst
Vorg
astroaxus
8 posters

Go down

Youtube Copyright Bots? ;; Empty Youtube Copyright Bots? ;;

Post by astroaxus Sun May 11, 2014 4:52 pm

Hello! ; q ; I just wanted to ask/talk a little bit about the copyright bots on YouTube, which I'm sure a number of you have already run into when uploading covers onto YouTube. I never really had to deal with them before, but just recently I uploaded three songs (Sorairo Days, Knocking on the Mind, and Now or Never), and all of them were immediately taken down by the audio matching system thing OTL;; I know there isn't really a good way around this aside from pitching audio and such, or simply uploading in different places, but it's still very upsetting that this happens. What do you guys usually do when this happens? Does this happen to you at all or not really? Do you upload on other websites if it does occur? 

It seems like a lot of fabulous youtaite usually cover vocaloid songs, and I feel like those wouldn't face copyright issues as easily-- I'm always singing anime openings and endings so maybe that's why O-<-< ;;
astroaxus
astroaxus

Singing Alias : Axus Posts : 29

https://www.youtube.com/user/Buttchickendoodles

Back to top Go down

Youtube Copyright Bots? ;; Empty Re: Youtube Copyright Bots? ;;

Post by Vorg Sun May 11, 2014 7:36 pm

when that happens i cry in a corner ,
Vorg
Vorg
Talking Fruit/Vegetable

Singing Alias : VORG Posts : 126

I'm on the spice rack! Monthly Theme Participant (1/4)

https://www.youtube.com/user/Vorgasmicasm

Back to top Go down

Post by Catalyst Sun May 11, 2014 7:50 pm

Ahhh it's so sad to get instant remove by the boy T_T
I also don't get how some really famous youtaites (like really popular, 2k+ sub is still not enough in this situation) can get around with all sorts of anime covers without being removed (and no pitching at all ・゚・(*ノД`*)・゚・。)

I seldom cover anime songs so it never happened to me...(though I did got a vocaoid cover being removed long time ago OTZ) If it's me I guess I'll just pitch the cover, upload on YT, then put a link to original mix on soundcloud/box with annotations in the video ;u;
Catalyst
Catalyst
Talkative

Singing Alias : Catalyst Posts : 374

SMILING Participant YTC 2015 Blind Duet Participant Monthly Theme Participant (1/4) Monthly Theme Participant (2/4)

https://www.youtube.com/user/TentaikansokuP

Back to top Go down

Post by astroaxus Fri May 16, 2014 6:45 pm

Vorg wrote:when that happens i cry in a corner ,
NOOOOO DON'T DO THAT AJKFHGKAS 

t-though that's what I do too (゚´Д`゚)゚;; I really do hope they'll try to be less strict in the future when they realize that covers can really benefit publicity and such for the original! Q A Q
astroaxus
astroaxus

Back to top Go down

Post by astroaxus Fri May 16, 2014 6:48 pm

Catalyst wrote:Ahhh it's so sad to get instant remove by the boy T_T
I also don't get how some really famous youtaites (like really popular, 2k+ sub is still not enough in this situation) can get around with all sorts of anime covers without being removed (and no pitching at all ・゚・(*ノД`*)・゚・。)

I seldom cover anime songs so it never happened to me...(though I did got a vocaoid cover being removed long time ago OTZ) If it's me I guess I'll just pitch the cover, upload on YT, then put a link to original mix on soundcloud/box with annotations in the video ;u;

Ahh I was thinking the same thing too! Oftentimes people with many subscribers will cover the same songs and they won't be removed...! I guess the amount of subs you have really makes a difference in that aspect ;;.... Hmm I'm not really sure though...Didn't people like miku-tan have their videos removed and she had to move to another channel or something? Q A Q

But I see, I see, thank you for the advice! If there is really no other way around it, then that's what I will resort to (*´;ェ;`*) I hope that none of your future fabulous covers will be removed! 
astroaxus
astroaxus

Back to top Go down

Post by xXMilkychanXx Fri May 30, 2014 9:05 am

Oh the YouTube bots are annoying, yeah.
When this happens to me I usually shout at YouTube and pitch the song or I already look if the song gets banned before I record and pitch the song then to make sure it won't happen.
But I can tell that the bots pick quite random?
Like, I uploaded Bios as example and a friend uploaded it too and it got banned there. 
And another time I got pretty sure that it's quite random sometimes because I uploaded a song once and later on the same song again as duet and the duet got banned and the solo cover not - Maybe it even depends on sound quality and it finds the Instrumentals faster when the quality of the audio is higher?
So yeah, it's not really a thing of subs or anything else, the bots are just pretty crappy sometimes xD
I try to avoid Anime songs that are popular or got banned before so I don't really have an issue with that - I actually got 2 strikes in total but they were removed after a bunch of time passed!
So if you may be close to getting a third strike make sure to sing safe songs until the strikes are gone again :3
xXMilkychanXx
xXMilkychanXx

Singing Alias : Milky Posts : 30

http://www.youtube.de/xXMilkychanXx

Back to top Go down

Post by yuriques Tue Jun 10, 2014 2:06 am

Ehh... I feel you. QAQ I don't know how much strikes I have but 9 of my videos have been picked out to have third party content. All I did was acknowledge it. I don't know if that's bad for me though. At least they didn't take it down OTL. One of my videos got muted before though so I took it down.
It sucks because I like covering anime songs QAQ
yuriques
yuriques
Talking Fruit/Vegetable

Singing Alias : Yuki Posts : 114

Box of Cheer ٩๏̯͡๏۶ Participant YTC 2015 Blind Duet Participant

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCUoHdj4c9MLGd-QemPoV9LA

Back to top Go down

Post by 247 Thu Jan 01, 2015 6:38 am

If you pitch the song up or down the bot's don't really recognize the songs. Worked for songs like Magia which are copyrighted. 

I don't think many people do this, but you can upload onto Soundcloud. While not as popular as YT I think SC is a beautiful way to show your work without the hassle of a video.
Conversationalist

Singing Alias : 247th Posts : 150

I'm on the spice rack! Raidcall Train Participant

https://www.youtube.com/247th

Back to top Go down

Post by Black Rage Infinity Mon Jan 19, 2015 4:25 pm

YouTube copyright is a crapshoot. Though, the best way to know if a song will get muted is to make a second channel and upload a video of the instrumental to YouTube and see what happens after it finishes processing.

If it's an Aqua Timez or Stereo Dive Foundation song, though, it's probably gonna get muted or blocked. They just don't like people posting their songs for some reason.
Black Rage Infinity
Black Rage Infinity
Conversationalist

Singing Alias : Rage Posts : 158

Raidcall Train Participant YTC 2015 Blind Duet Participant

https://www.youtube.com/user/BlackRageInfinity

Back to top Go down

Post by xXMilkychanXx Wed Feb 04, 2015 5:13 am

A friend showed me an interesting chart a while ago.
It showed that you can prevent getting your video blocked or muted by pitching and/or speed up by more than 5% (so you have to do some simple math for every song lenght xD)
I'd go with 8-10% to be sure.
It worked for me when I tried but it can still happen that you audio might get muted, maybe even a month after upload if the bot hits but it could be worth a try!
xXMilkychanXx
xXMilkychanXx

Singing Alias : Milky Posts : 30

http://www.youtube.de/xXMilkychanXx

Back to top Go down

Post by Kumoshi Mon May 18, 2015 6:32 pm

I've heard that some people had trouble uploading covers of Ai no Scenario due to copyright. I'm not sure if it was the video, instrumental, or both that triggers the copyright takedowns for that song, though, and plus it seems like a bunch of people having managed to either managed to upload, or they have successfully disputed the copyright? If they did manage to dispute the copyright and win, I'm curious how they did so.
Kumoshi
Kumoshi
Motor Mouth

Singing Alias : Kumoshi Posts : 1014

I'm on the spice rack! Ai Kotoba II Words Blind Duets Participant SMILING Participant Box of Cheer ٩๏̯͡๏۶ Participant YTC 2015 Blind Duet Participant Monthly Theme Participant (1/4) Monthly Theme Participant (2/4) Monthly Theme Participant (3/4) Monthly Theme Participant (4/4)

https://www.youtube.com/user/kaisoumizu

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down