Youtube Chorus Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
NEWS
Working on updating the site and adding new features.
Join our Discord channel to talk about possible events and layout changes!
Latest topics
» fluffy's pudding stash- i mean covers.
by fluffyparuko Mon Mar 11, 2024 7:52 pm

» [MONTHLY THEME] February: Love in the Air~Due March 5th
by sonic-nancy-fan Sat Mar 02, 2024 6:03 pm

» Joker's Trans-lyrics
by sonic-nancy-fan Sat Mar 02, 2024 6:00 pm

» [MONTHLY THEME] March: Old Stuff~Due March 31st
by sonic-nancy-fan Sat Mar 02, 2024 5:08 pm

» ~Uniqflame Covers and Voice acting stuff~
by Uniqflame Thu Feb 22, 2024 3:08 pm

» [MONTHLY THEME] January: Bittersweet Chocolate~Due January 31st
by sonic-nancy-fan Tue Jan 30, 2024 11:46 am

» ✾ Faeri's Covers ✾
by FaeriMagic Tue Jan 16, 2024 8:22 pm

» [MONTHLY THEME] December: Snow Day~Due December 31st
by sonic-nancy-fan Sat Dec 30, 2023 9:10 pm

» [MONTHLY THEME] November: Together in Harmony~Due November 30th
by sonic-nancy-fan Thu Nov 30, 2023 3:02 pm

[MIXING AUDITION] Recruiting Mixers for YTChorus! ~ [FINISHED]

4 posters

Go down

[MIXING AUDITION] Recruiting Mixers for YTChorus! ~ [FINISHED] Empty [MIXING AUDITION] Recruiting Mixers for YTChorus! ~ [FINISHED]

Post by Aerlith Fri May 09, 2014 9:48 am

Recruiting Mixers for YTChorus!

Hello everyone!

Welcome to YTChorus's mixing auditions! If you are interested in mixing choruses organized on YTChorus, here is where you would audition!

Choruses you would be mixing for would be posted on our YT channel, YTChorusGroup. An example would be something like this cover of Saihaite. These would be our official choruses and different from member-organized choruses.

Here is how it will work!
1. Download the audition file here. You can find it here. I forgot to include the on-vocal, but you can find that here.The audition file will contain eight raws and the off-vocal for Thousand Year Solo.
2. Mix it to the best of your ability! You have free rein on how you want to do that. Timing-wise, check the on-vocal and match it as much as you can. You can add effects, tune, it is all okay. If you can't use certain effects well or tune, you may still be considered for timing.
3. Script can be found below in the spoiler.
4. If you have any questions, let me know! Otherwise, please keep the thread restricted to audition posts.
5. The kind of program you use will not be counted against you.

Spoiler:

Once you are done, please post the following form!
Code:
[b]Alias:[/b]
[b]Youtube/Soundcloud:[/b]
[b]Audition Link:[/b]
[b]Availability:[/b] How long does it take you to mix something and how long would you need?
[b]Strengths?:[/b]
[b]Weaknesses?:[/b]

If you are selected, please keep the following in mind:
1. Be responsible and don't sign up more than you are able to do. If you are mixing for other choruses, that is fine, too. Just don't forget about us!
2. Be able to finish everything in a timely manner. If you are not able to finish, please let us know as soon as possible so we can find someone else.
3. If you need to retire as a mixer, that is fine, too. <3 You can always come back when you have more time.

Due May 31!

Last edited by Aerlith on Fri Jun 06, 2014 7:39 am; edited 1 time in total
Aerlith
Aerlith
Forever messing with staff.

Singing Alias : Aerlith Posts : 1976
I'm on the spice rack! Raidcall Train Participant Ai Kotoba II Chorus Ai Kotoba II Words Blind Duets Judge SMILING Participant Tako Luka Maguro Fever Event Participant Box of Cheer ٩๏̯͡๏۶ Participant Megurine Luka 10-Year Celebration Participant Monthly Theme Participant (1/4) Monthly Theme Participant (2/4) Monthly Theme Participant (3/4) Monthly Theme Participant (4/4)

https://www.youtube.com/user/xAerlith

Back to top Go down

[MIXING AUDITION] Recruiting Mixers for YTChorus! ~ [FINISHED] Empty Re: [MIXING AUDITION] Recruiting Mixers for YTChorus! ~ [FINISHED]

Post by Chisa Wed May 21, 2014 8:27 pm

Alias: Chisa
Youtube/Soundcloud: Youtube (nothing really on there...)
Audition Link: Box
Availability: Available just for this summer (now through mid-August). Free time on weekends and evenings.
How long I take to mix depends on the singers' accuracy with rhythm and pitch. This audition mix took me about 3 hours.
Strengths?: Music background in piano, voice and drums. I like to think I'm pretty good with knowing what are the correct pitches and rhythms in a song. Te-he! 
Weaknesses?: Pretty rusty with Adobe Audition. Last time I used it was probably 3 years ago, so I'm relearning how to use this tool.
I can also be lazy. If a singer's off-pitch or off-rhythm, I prefer to ask them to rerecord that part rather than trying to edit it.
Chisa
Chisa
Fruit Salad ♬

Singing Alias : Chisa Posts : 59

Sakura No Ame Chorus Dango Daikazoku Chorus

Back to top Go down

[MIXING AUDITION] Recruiting Mixers for YTChorus! ~ [FINISHED] Empty Re: [MIXING AUDITION] Recruiting Mixers for YTChorus! ~ [FINISHED]

Post by Onion Wed May 28, 2014 4:50 pm

Nameonion
Auditionbox
Availability: I'm here always. Lurking. Watching. Waiting. 
To be honest I have a good amount of free time for the next few months until University starts up.
For choruses, it takes usually a week and a half to mix it but then a few extra days to fine tune and convince myself that it isn't a S@#! mix
Strengths: I'm hella good at timing. I'm pretty used to audition and melodyne for tuning. I've also been mixing for a couple years because I am a giant loser with no social life other than mugic. I memorized the DK rap
Weaknesses: It takes me a good while to fully tune something. I just learned how to make everything sound robot. Don't expect NO=L level pro S@#!. I don't pester people for lines because I'm lazy and it should be the responsibility of the SINGER WHO AUDITIONED to notify if something comes up and they can't record for 2 weeks.
I also curse a lot
Onion
Onion
*~Sparkling Mixer~*

Singing Alias : Onion Posts : 4112

I'm on the spice rack! Dango Daikazoku Chorus Dango Chorus Illustration My YTC Story Blind Duets Participant Megurine Luka 10-Year Celebration Participant

https://www.youtube.com/user/SeirenOnion

Back to top Go down

Post by Penny Thu May 29, 2014 7:34 pm

Alias: Penny
Youtube/Soundcloud: PenroseTingeling
Audition Link: click me! (off topic: I love that song. I fell in love when I heard the naoto fuuga version oho)
Availability: This mix took me about 3/4 hours. It can take me 4 days to mix something if it has a script. (and if I mix non stop hoho)
 Without a script it can take me errrr I think a week.
I also go to uni so I sometimes have to work on that so I always work at night c':
Strengths?: I'd say timing. I get really really reaaaally annoyed when the timing is off. I can spend hours working on it. Here's proof..
Spoiler:

Weaknesses?:Errr..I'd say tuning?  I easily get annoyed if something is off pitch.. So I try to tune it manually. It sometimes works and sometimes not xD. 
Penny
Penny
Spambot Xtreme

Singing Alias : Penny Posts : 5337

Post Spammer Winner Banner Decorator * 1 Dango Daikazoku Chorus Dango Chorus Illustration My YTC Story Megurine Luka 10-Year Celebration Participant

https://www.youtube.com/user/penrosetingeling

Back to top Go down

Post by Aerlith Fri Jun 06, 2014 7:38 am

Thanks for the auditions, everyone! ^^ Our two mixers will be Never and Onion! 

May open up mixing auditions again, but shall see.
Aerlith
Aerlith

Singing Alias : Aerlith Posts : 1976
I'm on the spice rack! Raidcall Train Participant Ai Kotoba II Chorus Ai Kotoba II Words Blind Duets Judge SMILING Participant Tako Luka Maguro Fever Event Participant Box of Cheer ٩๏̯͡๏۶ Participant Megurine Luka 10-Year Celebration Participant Monthly Theme Participant (1/4) Monthly Theme Participant (2/4) Monthly Theme Participant (3/4) Monthly Theme Participant (4/4)

https://www.youtube.com/user/xAerlith

Back to top Go down

Post by Onion Fri Jun 06, 2014 2:28 pm

coo' beans pick me up at 8
Onion
Onion
*~Sparkling Mixer~*

Singing Alias : Onion Posts : 4112

I'm on the spice rack! Dango Daikazoku Chorus Dango Chorus Illustration My YTC Story Blind Duets Participant Megurine Luka 10-Year Celebration Participant

https://www.youtube.com/user/SeirenOnion

Back to top Go down

Post by Chisa Sat Jun 07, 2014 12:52 pm

Awesome! Let me know what your expectations are for me as a mixer and what's coming up soon!
Chisa
Chisa
Fruit Salad ♬

Singing Alias : Chisa Posts : 59

Sakura No Ame Chorus Dango Daikazoku Chorus

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down