Youtube Chorus Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
NEWS
Working on updating the site and adding new features.
Join our Discord channel to talk about possible events and layout changes!
Latest topics
» fluffy's pudding stash- i mean covers.
by fluffyparuko Mon Mar 11, 2024 7:52 pm

» [MONTHLY THEME] February: Love in the Air~Due March 5th
by sonic-nancy-fan Sat Mar 02, 2024 6:03 pm

» Joker's Trans-lyrics
by sonic-nancy-fan Sat Mar 02, 2024 6:00 pm

» [MONTHLY THEME] March: Old Stuff~Due March 31st
by sonic-nancy-fan Sat Mar 02, 2024 5:08 pm

» ~Uniqflame Covers and Voice acting stuff~
by Uniqflame Thu Feb 22, 2024 3:08 pm

» [MONTHLY THEME] January: Bittersweet Chocolate~Due January 31st
by sonic-nancy-fan Tue Jan 30, 2024 11:46 am

» ✾ Faeri's Covers ✾
by FaeriMagic Tue Jan 16, 2024 8:22 pm

» [MONTHLY THEME] December: Snow Day~Due December 31st
by sonic-nancy-fan Sat Dec 30, 2023 9:10 pm

» [MONTHLY THEME] November: Together in Harmony~Due November 30th
by sonic-nancy-fan Thu Nov 30, 2023 3:02 pm

Avatar: The Last Airbender / The Legend of Korra

3 posters

Go down

Avatar: The Last Airbender / The Legend of Korra Empty Avatar: The Last Airbender / The Legend of Korra

Post by Aerlith Fri Oct 11, 2013 12:08 am

Fan of both. :D Anyone else? I think I prefer the original because there is more depth to the characters, although there are some elements of Korra that I really like, too.

...Not a fan of the live action though. <___<
Aerlith
Aerlith
Forever messing with staff.

Singing Alias : Aerlith Posts : 1976
I'm on the spice rack! Raidcall Train Participant Ai Kotoba II Chorus Ai Kotoba II Words Blind Duets Judge SMILING Participant Tako Luka Maguro Fever Event Participant Box of Cheer ٩๏̯͡๏۶ Participant Megurine Luka 10-Year Celebration Participant Monthly Theme Participant (1/4) Monthly Theme Participant (2/4) Monthly Theme Participant (3/4) Monthly Theme Participant (4/4)

https://www.youtube.com/user/xAerlith

Back to top Go down

Avatar: The Last Airbender / The Legend of Korra Empty Re: Avatar: The Last Airbender / The Legend of Korra

Post by ramenaddict22 Fri Oct 11, 2013 8:47 pm

LOVED A:TLA :DD
plot of LOK was too fast-paced and the characters were somewhat vapid (especially bratty korra), but the visuals <33
LOK book 2 looks so pretty~ especially the spirits and battle sequences~
i've been so busy recently though so i haven't caught up on the new episodes though ;~;
ramenaddict22
ramenaddict22
Talking Fruit/Vegetable

Singing Alias : exe Posts : 93

Blind Duets Participant

https://www.youtube.com/ramenaddict22

Back to top Go down

Avatar: The Last Airbender / The Legend of Korra Empty Re: Avatar: The Last Airbender / The Legend of Korra

Post by Guest Sat Oct 12, 2013 8:52 am

I love love love the original series! The characters, plot and everything.

I think Korra's first season was too rushed, and you couldn't really get into characters, and I personally don't really like Korra; while she's badass and all, she never thinks about her decisions and what consuquences her actions have. Especially in the second season. Blah. But visually I love LoK!

And don't even get me started on the live action movie, I only saw the trailer and I almost cried at how bad it was ;____;

Back to top Go down

Post by Aerlith Sat Oct 12, 2013 10:32 am

I have to agree with you guys that the new series is too fast-paced. The music is amazing, but.. D: Everything happens so quickly! I noticed that the second and third season will be just as short (fourteen episodes still).

I think my main issue though with Korra's series is that everything comes so easily with her. Aang had to do all this stuff to master his Avatar state, and she just.... uses it so casually. I don't mind her being so different from Aang or her not thinking about the consequences of her actions before doing anything, but I do dislike everything coming so easily to her. What I really want to see happen sometime before the series ends is have Korra get almost killed in the Avatar state and then have her realize that she should not be taking it so lightly. Get her hesitant to be so bold again and then have her slowly mature.
Aerlith
Aerlith

I'm on the spice rack! Raidcall Train Participant Ai Kotoba II Chorus Ai Kotoba II Words Blind Duets Judge SMILING Participant Tako Luka Maguro Fever Event Participant Box of Cheer ٩๏̯͡๏۶ Participant Megurine Luka 10-Year Celebration Participant Monthly Theme Participant (1/4) Monthly Theme Participant (2/4) Monthly Theme Participant (3/4) Monthly Theme Participant (4/4)

Back to top Go down

Post by kyokaik Sun Oct 13, 2013 8:05 pm

So basically everyone silently agrees that Korra needs an ego check hmmm?

I liked season 1 of Lok, sure it was fast, but what I really want to know is what exactly happen to Aang, Toph, and the rest of the original gang that's not known to be alive. I feel like that could have allowed for filler episodes in season 1. Season 2 has no real purpose for me. With the Original Series with Aang every new book marked really a new element for him to master, while Korra just knows everything (supposedly).

I really just can't take her character too seriously, but I wonder does she have these personality traits due to the fact that she is a female avatar vs being male? I'm taking every subliminal message in this show to heart. Geez what are they teaching people? That females are overly emotional / possessive?!
kyokaik
kyokaik

Singing Alias : Jayeღ Posts : 35

https://www.youtube.com/user/JayeAesthe

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Oct 14, 2013 4:36 am

@Aerlith: That annoyed me too! also, when she first shows up, she's what, two or three years old and already can bend everything but air? That kinda ticked me off. 

Putting this in spoiler in case someone hasn't watched the series
Spoiler:

Back to top Go down

Post by Aerlith Mon Oct 14, 2013 10:53 am

@Kyo: I think the reason why she's like that is to contrast her against Aang. Or maybe they were trying to create a "strong female character" by making her badass? Despite, y'know, there being multiple ways to create a strong female lead. That's a whole other boat of issues though. I get that they want to make it different from the original, but don't squish what the original has already established! D:

They are doing a series of comics though to answer some of your questions. They're doing one for what happens to Zuko's mom! It's called "The Search" or something, and there are three parts. The last one is coming out October 31 / November.

For people who haven't seen the latest episode, spoilering it!
Spoiler:
Aerlith
Aerlith

Back to top Go down

Post by Aerlith Tue Nov 19, 2013 3:00 pm

Aerlith
Aerlith

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down