Youtube Chorus Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
NEWS
Working on updating the site and adding new features.
Join our Discord channel to talk about possible events and layout changes!
Latest topics
» fluffy's pudding stash- i mean covers.
by fluffyparuko Mon Mar 11, 2024 7:52 pm

» [MONTHLY THEME] February: Love in the Air~Due March 5th
by sonic-nancy-fan Sat Mar 02, 2024 6:03 pm

» Joker's Trans-lyrics
by sonic-nancy-fan Sat Mar 02, 2024 6:00 pm

» [MONTHLY THEME] March: Old Stuff~Due March 31st
by sonic-nancy-fan Sat Mar 02, 2024 5:08 pm

» ~Uniqflame Covers and Voice acting stuff~
by Uniqflame Thu Feb 22, 2024 3:08 pm

» [MONTHLY THEME] January: Bittersweet Chocolate~Due January 31st
by sonic-nancy-fan Tue Jan 30, 2024 11:46 am

» ✾ Faeri's Covers ✾
by FaeriMagic Tue Jan 16, 2024 8:22 pm

» [MONTHLY THEME] December: Snow Day~Due December 31st
by sonic-nancy-fan Sat Dec 30, 2023 9:10 pm

» [MONTHLY THEME] November: Together in Harmony~Due November 30th
by sonic-nancy-fan Thu Nov 30, 2023 3:02 pm

Audacity is making me mad

3 posters

Go down

Audacity is making me mad Empty Audacity is making me mad

Post by Guest Sun Jan 03, 2010 1:01 am

Everytime i'm recording my singing, when im finished and i click stop, my recording track shifts over to the left a tiny bit and makes it out of sync with the song..

And its not even the whole track that shifts over, if you get what I mean.. Something goes wrong as it gets further into the song.

My recording would start perfectly in sync, then by the second or third verse of the song my recording starts to be a little ahead of the song, when i know i sang in sync with the song..

I made sure I was singing as in sync with the song as I could, but when i hit stop you can literally see it shift over a tiny bit

Anyone know what in the world that is or how or fix it?

Back to top Go down

Audacity is making me mad Empty Re: Audacity is making me mad

Post by ChoAkkar ♥ Sun Jan 03, 2010 1:11 am

It happened to me... But my track goes either faster or slower than the backing track. What I advice you is to actually record different verses differently, and then you see that little thing:-

Audacity is making me mad Savec

Yes, the one I circled. You can click on that button and shift your recorded track where it sounds in sync with the backing track. If it doesn't work, or you can get a perfect spot - zoom in and try again.
ChoAkkar ♥
ChoAkkar ♥
Hyperactive SUGAR HIGH

Singing Alias : やっち姫 (Yacchi-Hi Posts : 1654

Banner Design Winner Dec 2009

http://choupanko.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jan 03, 2010 1:35 am

Aww I was making diagrams and everything but you responded so quickly >.>

But doing verse by verse and then adjusting it is so much more time consuming..But whats gotta be done has to be done, eh? Thanks Chou ^-^

Back to top Go down

Post by ChoAkkar ♥ Sun Jan 03, 2010 1:46 am

I'm a fast-responder... When I'm not distracted. >______>

Well, it is time-consuming but it helps. :3 But now my Audacity doesn't do that. Maybe you should install another Audacity? Idk. But the way I mentioned and advised you would work wonders as well.
ChoAkkar ♥
ChoAkkar ♥
Hyperactive SUGAR HIGH

Back to top Go down

Post by Elianti Sun Jan 03, 2010 2:27 am

I have the same problem too.. after I play back my recording, I notice that it either starts either too early or too late, and that effect occurs all throughout the recording, like some parts became too fast or there is a small but noticeable amount of silence between words.. the best solution I came up with other than recording in smaller sections is to manually delete and create silence in between the different parts of the song.. it's time consuming, but the results are usually better, at least for me. I tried recording in small parts, but that just messed up the flow. >.<

Is there another way?? I also tried re-installing Audacity, but it didn't change anything..
Elianti
Elianti
Talkative

Singing Alias : エリアンティ /エリア Posts : 491

My YTC Story

http://elianti.blog131.fc2.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by ChoAkkar ♥ Sun Jan 03, 2010 3:47 am

I guess that's the way, Elianti. It can't be helped because my Audacity is fine now. D:
ChoAkkar ♥
ChoAkkar ♥
Hyperactive SUGAR HIGH

Back to top Go down

Post by Ciel Mon Jan 04, 2010 11:46 pm

The lag is normal - it's known as latency. It's the time it takes for your computer to respond to the sound being recorded. You have to take into account that the computer first has to process the sounds being recorded, and then convert it from an analogue signal (the recording) to a digital file (the wavelengths you see on the screen, basically, a digital format the computer can execute).

As such, a delay between the actual timing you record and the timing that appears on screen is absolutely inevitable. Even if you have the most amazingly fast computer and are running NOTHING other than the recording software, there will still be a fraction of disputable time difference. Some computers process faster than others, so in some cases, the latency is a lot less than others, even negligible. In my case I always have a small amount of lag - enough to make it sound like I took a pause while waiting for the prompt to sing, rofl. I don't mix in Audacity though, so what I usually do is just export everything and then re-time it in Audition :'D;;

So yeah, basically, just shift the track up a bit, like Chou explained. If you want to sing everything in one go, you can still do that - just shift the entire track up by the amount of delay that has happened.

[/tl;dr geek speak] (Deal with it - I'm a music nerd, and I take Computer Science .____.)

@Elianti: That might be caused by your computer being too slow, or running too many programs at once (basically, your computer not having enough processing power - recording uses up a ridiculous amount of resources 8D). It MIGHT help to change your file frequency from 44100kHz to 48000kHz - I think that's what some of my friends did to fix the timing issues. I'm not too sure how else to deal with that issue since I've yet to personally experience it O:

Mannnn I type too much, and I bet no one understands my nerdy stuff anyway XDDDD -hides under a rock-
Ciel
Ciel
Retired Staff

My YTC Story CB (1) Round 1

http://flavors.me/justciel

Back to top Go down

Post by Elianti Tue Jan 05, 2010 3:02 am

Thanks for the recommendations, Ciel. =) I think it happens because my computer is filled with stuff. XD I tried uninstalling some programs I don't use and closed all of the windows except for Audacity.. that helped it some. Thanks!

What you wrote isn't too hard to understand.. Or at least I don't think so. ;D
Elianti
Elianti
Talkative

Singing Alias : エリアンティ /エリア Posts : 491

My YTC Story

http://elianti.blog131.fc2.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down