Youtube Chorus Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
NEWS
Working on updating the site and adding new features.
Join our Discord channel to talk about possible events and layout changes!
Latest topics
» fluffy's pudding stash- i mean covers.
by fluffyparuko Mon Mar 11, 2024 7:52 pm

» [MONTHLY THEME] February: Love in the Air~Due March 5th
by sonic-nancy-fan Sat Mar 02, 2024 6:03 pm

» Joker's Trans-lyrics
by sonic-nancy-fan Sat Mar 02, 2024 6:00 pm

» [MONTHLY THEME] March: Old Stuff~Due March 31st
by sonic-nancy-fan Sat Mar 02, 2024 5:08 pm

» ~Uniqflame Covers and Voice acting stuff~
by Uniqflame Thu Feb 22, 2024 3:08 pm

» [MONTHLY THEME] January: Bittersweet Chocolate~Due January 31st
by sonic-nancy-fan Tue Jan 30, 2024 11:46 am

» ✾ Faeri's Covers ✾
by FaeriMagic Tue Jan 16, 2024 8:22 pm

» [MONTHLY THEME] December: Snow Day~Due December 31st
by sonic-nancy-fan Sat Dec 30, 2023 9:10 pm

» [MONTHLY THEME] November: Together in Harmony~Due November 30th
by sonic-nancy-fan Thu Nov 30, 2023 3:02 pm

What's Your Story?

+179
endelina
Kamiya
KuraiO2
MangoSheep
Fallian
AkiraRyuu
katerina778
Rei
Pamken29
Kagamine_Len
Shhh...
Shiyiou
Panchii
jessie21
Kachiko Ukato
ChiruKashu
YukiNagato998
Kaufdan-P
Jemina
HanyouGirl
Zak
aceofhearts.
Spoon
Kenichi Tsukimura
BakaNeko
Hisame
shockingbuggy
Marui
NipahDUBS
KentaMidorin
Yoshimi
animezirow
Sakura桜
Song of Amazon
HappyKittyGirl
koolmon93
Anba
ume
lèonstrawberry♥
Caspy
chokoreetokun
animegal8195
Emii
Ruru
SeafoamKazuo
Ciel
ichiki-chan
Roka
FlairsFromHell
SamiMommy
Ali
rosewisteria
BigTimeAnimeFans
Hikki-chan
Tobiister
Mim
kooh
Eva-Memories
Carette
Kago
Yuko Hoon
Rena
LizBorden
Aine
Kemi
Blip
Kasikki
Heller45
Lunarous
OmoiChuu
YTChorus
Miku-tan
Sugarlat
maxus
Raeka
YokoTenshi-Chan
Tachanne
SiaHyuk
HaruTan
Sakerune
huyutfsakura
Achan
Ri
Razzy
kappiec
MeriXy
Miyu
Dia★
Aki☆star
Asciane
xStitchedInsanityx
Legender
VocalNgo
Hana_Mahone_Se-Mi_WolFox
殷逸偉
MichiChan
Jenni
Aki
Laurel
Charlina
razra
OuterOcean
Ruriko
TetsukiMizu
Benevolent Malice
Jay-Shay
Kurai
Kanis04
hinatakouyama
Crescence
KookieDomination
Ernify
Chieriin
LenL0vr
MikaJello8D
claireeerofl
MeganeAya
Mii.
Soltice Roroki
Kyoeru
akano07
Coda
THE-BUNNY-OF-EVIL
onigirimi
Caramel
amurita
aquashadowcat
thatonechick
(ツ・ω・キ)
Cristlelinia
AmaneAruto
pahpawmipi
[★] Winter
iKawaiiAishiteru
TheRisingDream
princessdaisy09
Phatbeaniez
Onion
madao
Cherysh
Ashla
Variegeta
Elianti
hartless726
HanaRyuu15
Serena Scarlet
admirenkiwi
NovayaShuyin
Emi
NaNo ✩
DeeDee
Kumbancha
Meepy
AKATOMO
Ke-ki
SummerMirages
Blaire
Kuma-tan
haru.
LilacSonata
Aziro
Penny
Xephy
ChibiKumiko
apol
mong
mikura
Una
kiki
Kicchan
Haruna
Dympchan
Summer
krannda
kuri-n
RinSakura
~AutumnZephyr~
AnotherNicoUploader
JinSeng
183 posters

Page 7 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down

What's Your Story? - Page 7 Empty Re: What's Your Story?

Post by Ruru Mon Sep 20, 2010 7:00 am

I guess I could talk about mine a little before I head off to school. x)

Let's see... I first discovered Vocaloid a few years ago through Deviantart. Actually, rather than a fanart, one of the people I was watching had covered Kokoro with a friend, and I decided to listen to it out of curiosity. And WOW. The cover itself was okay, but after I found a translation to the song, I got hooked right away, because the story was so beautiful and the PV was also very touching. I'm glad that was the first song I listened to, because it's one of the best Vocaloid songs out there. I listened to more and more popular songs at the time, like World is Mine and Meltdown, did a bit of my own researching, and just couldn't stop at that point. x)

It wasn't until much later when I discovered the Nico Nico Douga covers of all of my favorite songs, and that's what inspired me to try my hand at it too. I heard a lot of the Nico group choruses, so I wondered if anyone on Youtube had done the same thing. And then, I discovered YTChorus! So after a long time of contemplation and avoidance, I decided to get off my butt and actually record something and try out for this amazing group. :D
Ruru
Ruru
Talking Fruit/Vegetable

Singing Alias : Ayamari/誤リ Posts : 78

My YTC Story

https://www.youtube.com/user/ruukai

Back to top Go down

Post by Emii Mon Sep 20, 2010 10:20 pm

Well, I was going to do something all creative to tell my little story, but Photoshop wasn't agreeing with me. :<
Soo here is my long boring story. xD

My road to fandubbing started years ago. I was about 15? Something like that. I had a Xanga, and some friends on it were always talking about Mermaid Melody in our MSN chats. A the time, I didn't really care about it; it was just another anime.

A year or two later, I saw the manga at a Waldenbooks, and told my sister that she might like it. So we bought it, and I liked the series alot, too.

Maybe about a year after that, I came across some Mermaid Melody dubs on Youtube, and loved the talent that some of those girls had. So, I took a shot at is as well.

I fandubbed several songs in Mermaid Melody groups in the year after I began, and somewhere within that year I discovered Vocaloid. I thought it was pretty cool after I did some research, and started listening to mostly Miku songs. I tried dubbing as Miku, and failed due to my soft voice. xD

Then Gumi came out. I instantly fell in love with her voice. I started listening to mostly Gumi covers after that, and then Miki came out. I've dubbed as Miki a bit, but I have found that I am best at Gumi covers, even though Miki is my favorite.

And since then, I have been in and formed a few Vocaloid groups, where I have met many amazing people. I think David has to be the most influential and talented. He makes the best Gackupo ever, and is an amazing instrumentalist and mixer. He even arranged and mixed our Chorus Battle group thingy. >w<

Oh yes, and I discovered YTChorus when I decided to dub Kagome Kagome last Halloween. I saw that they had a casting going on, so I auditioned and made it. Somehow. I think I suck at that song; it's a bit high for me. But! I am not complaining! xD And I hope to be in many more choruses to come!!

/End long boring story.
Emii
Emii

My YTC Story CB (1) Round 1 CB (1) Round 2 CB (1) Round 3

http://www.youtube/com/user/irukalucia

Back to top Go down

Post by animegal8195 Tue Sep 21, 2010 5:32 pm

-peeks out of her corner and grabs a mic-
Alright! My turn~
I always loved singing and drawing it was a passion of mine.I kept listening to oldies and j-pop and k-pop bands! I was lurking in youtube when I found! A vocaloid song called World is mine and the version was kaitos' so I went and click on it and it made me giggle~
As I went on watching this vid I really liked it! Note it was a fanmade yaoi vid....
Ahe heh he...
So I started looking up the song and I got was miku hatsune and I was like WOW~
Then I started looking for more vids till I saw nicouploader! That person was uploading choruses and I immediately fell in love! Then I wanted to try doing a chorus online...
It was hard though until I saw a person name Nokkicon and her voice was so cute~ Then I saw YTchorus with the video Dear You Remix! It was amazing!
Then I subscribed to the epople and well TADA~
Here I am this place is awesome and I'm glad to be here!
Just wish we can meet up somewhere though~
animegal8195
animegal8195
Talking Fruit/Vegetable

Singing Alias : Lily Dra-Gun,黒田 Posts : 75

Dango Daikazoku Chorus My YTC Story

Back to top Go down

Post by chokoreetokun Wed Sep 22, 2010 6:36 am

I really like J-pop and some K-pop ya'know x3
This fanboyness resulted in buying CD's en posters of my favorite artists.
After a while I found out about VOCALOID in a VOCALOID Stepmania-pack. The songs were amazing!! The disappearence of Hatsune Miku really blasted me away!! 8D I felt like my dancepad was on fire. I started looking up VOCALOID on Google and YouTube and WOW that's when I found out that it's a software with voices and stuff. I was really amazed of the technoligy. Since I've been listening Miku and stuff. Deco*27, Cosmo and Yuyoyupe became my favirte composers!^^ I think I really jumped a hole in me ceiling when SEGA announced Project Diva. WOW downloadable content and even a song editor!:D It got more amazing when the second game came^^ Anywayz I always wanted to imitate Nico Nico Chorus's. I started dubbing and made some duets. I got to know more and more people everyday and the number is still counting. I stumbeled across a YouTube chorus video and WOW that was soo soo soo amazing :D
And after some days I found out that I WAS ABLE TO JOIN, I didn't know it was (gonna be) a big community!!! *O*
I'm so proud that I'm a member^^
chokoreetokun
chokoreetokun
Conversationalist

Singing Alias : Choko(reetokun) Posts : 259

My YTC Story

https://www.youtube.com/user/chokoreetokun

Back to top Go down

Post by Caspy Wed Sep 22, 2010 12:49 pm

What got me into fandubbing wasn't really for the love of music, the fame, or for fun but was all out of curiosity and a search for a girl. In the summer of last year, I went to Canada with my family and some friends for vacation. We were going to meet some family friends in a cold, early morning over at Toronto. The family friends we met came from Quebec because that was the city that was in between us. Ironically though, I came to Canada for it's culture but for some reason, the only places we visit was something like China town. It was sad. Very sad. Unfortunately, I had no control what-so-ever there. Still, it was really nice.
The girl I met was of a rich, Vietnamese family who were aristocrats working for the Vietnamese government in Quebec. She was a really interesting girl, though we didn't seem to get along very well; we still hang out with each other most of the times. She liked the same things I did and we would never really run out of things to talk about. She was fairly pretty, average height, the same age as me(14), and was sarcastic most of the times. Even when she acted like a B@!$, strangely it didn't affect me at all.
One day, when it was time for us to part, she gave me her facebook and email... Unfortunately, I wrote my facebook and email on the same sheet of paper and gave it to her irresponsible brother. That meant that I didn't have a sheet of paper with her contact info. Her brother probably lost it. I don't even remember her name (Fail).
I thought the only way to meet her was to start fandubbing because she said that she was going to start fandubbing anime songs. Don't get me wrong, I love singing and music but that wasn't the main purpose of starting to fandub; people can still express music without fandubbing. 'Till this day though, I was never able to spot her. There's just too many fandubbers who are at the age of 15 now. However, maybe if I'm lucky, she'll see this story and we'll finally be able to meet. Until then, I can only sing and hope that my voice would eventually reach her.
Caspy
Caspy
Conversationalist

My YTC Story CB (1) Round 1

Back to top Go down

What's Your Story? - Page 7 Empty Mimi's Story! :3

Post by Guest Wed Sep 22, 2010 1:36 pm

Ehh, my story? Hmm~ Well, Lemme get creative here. ;D My Story Started, actually, In MUSIC CLASS. My teacher showed us some music clips from asian cultures, and of course, Japan instantly got my attention, since, well, it's awesome. -cough Ethnicity cough- And then, I decided to go crazy. From there, I started listening to all kinds of Japanese Music, and then I stumbled upon The worlds Virtual Diva, Hatsune Miku. Actually, not really stumbled. More like shoved in my face from my brother, whom is such an internet nerd. Anyways, yeah, he showed me a video, and I adored it. It was Suki Daisuk, by Kagamine Rin, and I thought it was UH DOOOR A BLEEE. Because im a baby when it comes to confessing, so I just sort of related to the song. haha. Then, for Music Class, I presented Vocaloids, and honestly, lots of people marveled at the fact that the computer was doing the singing. My Vocals teacher, however, called it Lazy. Haha. Shifty
And thats my Vocaloid story! ;D

My Fandubbing Story?
Well, im a Vocalist at School, so when I discovered Vocaloids, NICO NICO, Crimson Chorus, and the rest, I was HOOKED. I broke my piggie bank to buy a Mic, and it all started from there. ;3
I found all of those good Fandubbers, and those that aren't so good, and molded myself from there. Some inspirations? Err, I'd rather not name, since, ya know, they'd probably hunt me down and yell at me. pale

Back to top Go down

Post by lèonstrawberry♥ Wed Sep 22, 2010 2:31 pm

Ooook~ Let's see... I started playing the piano when I was about 4 our 5-years-old (and I still play) soo ayup I never payed much attention to what my singing was like till at elementary school my music teacher pointed out that I have a good voice (rofl) soo I started caring about this. Aaand at about eleven-years-old I discovered animes/mangas but only later j-music (yeah I don't remember how this happened exactly <__<'), Vocaloids, etc. Later I discoverd Nico Nico and what it was etc. I loved ittt *___* yep, and I don't remember how I discovered fandubbing bhu, but my best friend is a dubber so I started after her, even if it was veeeery hard at first (used to hate my voice) aaand only this summer I've discovered YT so I came here and bla bla ayup, what an interesting story Happy Go Lucky
lèonstrawberry♥
lèonstrawberry♥
Conversationalist

Singing Alias : lèon/レオン★ Posts : 320

My YTC Story

https://www.youtube.com/user/AliceSakurai/

Back to top Go down

Post by ume Thu Sep 23, 2010 6:53 am

Popping by to share a little, don't mind me...

I was an otaku to boot.

Right, scrap the past tense; I AM an otaku to boot.

Let's start all over again.

I am an otaku, who is really obsessed with the whole Japan culture, anime, manga, music, blah, blah, blah. I also draw fanart, mimicking styles of my favorite artists, and write fanfiction for my favorite anime. I think it was W-inds that got me into J-pop; after that came a hell lot of other artistes (Uverworld, ELT, etc) that made me settle in the J-pop/rock scene for good.

But there was one thing I was very very self-conscious about, and that was my voice.

I fail to even squeak properly before an audience, and did not think I could record and share my voice with others.

Until I heard a Vocaloid song, covered by a nico nico douga singer, clear (oh come on, I'm sure many of you know this guy).

Yeah, I'm his fangirl. xD

Yeeeeppp, Saihate got me all tangled up in this entire record-and-share business. But I didn't start seriously recording until I headed over to Japan during April this year to catch Nakano Alternative, where clear, Ritsuka, Luschka and many other douga singers performed.

They sang so well, it awed me. I went back to the little red dot Singapore with my mind blown into pieces, and only one thought stuck: I want to sing too.

Aaanndd sooo, I started. And even though I'm still sucky and lousy and butchering every song I cover, I just find it so much fun to sing.

So yeah. While I used to shy away from the microphone and death glare people who try to publicize my voice, worrying and worrying that people will hate what they hear, I now share it freely. xD

And that's my story... Sorry if it bored you. =x
ume
ume
Conversationalist

Singing Alias : ume Posts : 309

My YTC Story

Back to top Go down

What's Your Story? - Page 7 Empty Yooo Banana prince's story! =w= )U

Post by Anba Thu Sep 23, 2010 11:57 am

hmm..
Wait how the hell did I start O__O...
OHH! 8D
Actually I started out as a watcher and then as a FAIL amv maker on youtube =w= )U hehe.
I ditched the Amv making since I obviously sucked and was too confused with my computer xD!

Then I saw people fandubbing episodes of anime.
So I did that for awhile
(those fandubs became quite popular bet I still have a few subs from back then *shot).

But again I noticed how I failed at putting down emotion and I'm only able to speak in one voice xD!

After that I made a friend dunno how anymore o__o and uhm I asked if I could duet with her for my first songdub.

She's Tsuki78 on youtube!
She's from Holland so we shared the same language!
We quickly became friends.

At the beginning we only did Anime songs.
Fruits basket, Haruhi suzumiya no yuutsu, Gundam , etc...

Then I saw the video of "hitobashira no Alice" !
I saw the Vocaloid and "yamai, usa, tourai's, etc..." version.
I was really astonished by what level people could reach with just singing for fun!
I watched Kokoro Kiseki and the servant of evil series and got lost in the world of Vocaloid!
At the very beginning I tried to sing girly and it worked until I reached voice puberty
(which came late after my real puberty =A=).
after that the cute ,high'ish Miku-songs were a fiasco to sing without killing my troath!

Then I stumbled upon Imitation black sung by Clear, Dasoku and Valshe.
I was kind of confused,
"Len is a boy right why does this Valshe person sing as a girl? =3=."
So I clicked on a related link which showed her Migi kata no chou.
And that's where I fell in love and started fandubbing for real!
Tsuki87 noticed Vocaloid after me which makes me feel proud of beating my Senpai to it 8D *shot* sorry xD!

This all over the span of at least 4 years Surprised .
2 years doing no f*ck just surfing yt and favouriting stuff xD.
1 year of fail Amv and fandubbing episodes.
And now this year 2010 where I really fandub as in singing :3!

As for youtube chorus :
Got to know new people through my youtube account.
They noticed my singing , subbed to me and we got talking through comments on my videos and such.
I made skype for one of them (Chii-chan : Luvsasuke).
Since she was and still is a really interesting person to talk to!
The new people I met through skype were AWESOME! xD.
I met Karu too who I invited over at skype in the groupchat with Chii-chan and Karu brought Kran over xD.
Kran sometimes mentioned a kinda forum thingy.--->youtube Chorus

I saw a few videos of YtChorus on the internet a few times and was like
"wow they actually sound good o__o".

Then I once auditioned for "again" for Yui.
Some weird stuff happened,
the yt page said I wasn't accepted but on the forumpage I was accepted.

Then I just seemed to be forgotten or whatever xD!
So uhm after that never auditioned again 8D *shot*.
hmm...

then I forgot my account name and password =w= )U!!

While all that happened I got into this awesome group called Vocalight ;3!
Ichiki-chan was in the same groupchat with Chii-chan ,Kran and Karu and she suddenly invited me to be Len for a new group they were starting!
VOCALIGHTTT *claps*.
There I met Ciel who also moderated for this forum.
Painfully honest person xD --->liked her from the start despite the sharp arrow of truth she seems to shoot whenever needed QAQ they hurt! LOL
Rai who's gf at that time started whole this shizzle. xD (don't feel hurt by this just saying what happened 8D).
Caspy who I initially disliked ( more like I was afraid of him OTL ) and who I can now proudly say is like a brother to me =w=!
Una Who... is a Tuna 8D (most talented and mature 13 year old I ever met OTL).
Ichiki who basically shared my thoughts and feeling and who I sparred with sometimes.
She became like a sister to me! Like twins xD.
Miku-nee who was really nice from the start but who's thinking pattern still puzzles me! 8D

We became friends and from one day on another they said we'd participate in the Yt chorus battle.
I panicked since I forgot my account here 8D.
And here I am with a brand new account.

I still have no idea how this Chorus works xD
But at least it seems a lot more interesting then at the beginning xD

whow LONG story I'm sorry I'm not original at all OTL
And it's not really a wall either what I wrote QAQ.
I just wrote a whole Chinese wall+Berlin wall about myself (since I'm selfcentered).
LOL not like anyone will read this xD haha.

Well I'm still new here,
not really active.
Maybe in the future?
Until then I look forward to see what'll happen here *w* !

Last edited by Anba on Thu Sep 23, 2010 12:17 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : I didn't read wth the topic was really about sorry 8D)
Anba
Anba

Singing Alias : アンバ/Anba Posts : 18

https://www.youtube.com/user/AnbaLen

Back to top Go down

Post by koolmon93 Thu Sep 23, 2010 7:35 pm

I kinda posted a little bit about me in my thread, but I guess I can expand here. XD

I've been singing ever since I could remember. My mom gave me a toy microphone and stand set when I was little and I'd put in my Disney sing along tapes and sing with them. It wasn't until I entered school that I guess singing became somewhat of my talent. The school nuns discovered I had that pre-pubescent choir voice and would have me lead my second grade class in singing songs during our performances during church. From there, my music teacher recognized that also and gave me a solo for our Spring Concert when I was in 3rd Grade and told me to join a boys choir. The choir thing didn't really work out for me, in the end, and I left after doing it for 2 years.

It was in 5th Grade when my teacher started the drama program at my school. We were doing the Wizard of Oz and I didn't really expect much from it, but I landed the role of the Scarecrow. From then on, I joined the school musical and was lucky enough to have a solo every year until I graduated from my school.

Fast forward to my freshmen year of high school, and it was one of the toughest transitions ever. I knew no one and went from a class of 30 students to a school with 3000. I was scared and didn't no what to do, but I joined choir. In choir, we have an annual show we put on called Pops Concert and trying to discover who I was, I auditioned and was lucky enough in high school to receive a solo. It was there were I received my reputation of having a black woman's voice. I sang Best of My Love by The Emotions and said that there has to be a large black woman inside of my Filipino body. XD Choir became one of my favorite things. I met all of my best friends there and I get to do something I love. Right now, I'm a senior and I hope I can have my big final solo this year to end my high school career with a bang.

As for the Japanese side, I no entirely NOTHING about Vocaloid other than Miku. XD I liked anime until I was about 12 and then grew out of it in favor of Hello! Project. I started to join the karaoke competitions on another forum and ended up loving to do karaoke ever since. I joined Yo! Project when I was 15 and just grew to love the community. Now that I'm older, I feel ready to branch out to the others in the community and make new friends, so I hope to speak with you guys soon. :D
koolmon93
koolmon93

Singing Alias : Koolmon Posts : 21

Back to top Go down

Post by HappyKittyGirl Fri Sep 24, 2010 8:58 pm

WHEE \O/ Here's my weird story that I wrote in august but waited until today to post because of reasons 8D AND IT'S SO CHEESY SORRY

SO HERE'S MY STORY. I'll say first that I didn't find YTC through a famous member or VAA or ANU or a rabid love for nico choruses or an existing YTC chorus... I seriously didn't even listen to a YTC chorus before I commented 'HEYY I WANNA AUDITION 8D' OTLL... it was 2-3 days later that I watched the choruses that were out at that point .w.;;

anywayss

Ok, so I've been singing my whole life. Like, I was in my school chorus and in my church choir and as a little kid I sung all the friggin time. ;w; And soon enough, I liked anime as well (when I was 12 is when I really got into it) And ever since then, I wanted to be a fandubber on YT. Like, I swear. I have failed uploads from when I was 13, and I have singing clips from when I was 12. (actually, that one was from when I was 13. sorry. even so... I sound the same? ;;; -cuz the nasally-ness is from the way I'm holding the mic- except my japanese improved I hope OAO )

BUT, I'm lazy, so I never actually got around to doing a real dub and uploading it properly. And I altogether stopped singing when I was 14-ish, cuz I started high school and got all stressed for my freshmen year. Near the end of that year, I fell in love with Vocaloid~ and I wanted to sing again. That summer, I learned Cantarella, Why Don't you Call me yet, and Love is War~ but once again, I was lazy and never completed dubbing and uploading them. And that summer... ahh, my voice was in terrible condition. After not singing for a year.. I could barely sing an octave, and I was terribly off-key. So, I got really discouraged, but I kept practicing and trying to get my voice back into shape. ;;w;;

That September is when I first heard Romeo and Cinderella. And I didn't instantly love the song- heck I didn't even realize I love the song as much as I do until a couple of months ago- but I liked it, and decided I wanted to make a KaiLen mix of it. (... I'm a huge KaiLen fan. Huge. I can't help it. =w=;;;; ) And while I was downloading the tracks to mix together, I randomly decided to go to a karaoke video of it and sing along~ AND I FAILED CUZ IT'S A FAIRLY FAST SONG! XD after deciding that I would never be able to sing that song cuz it was too fast and I was lazy, I pressed backspace and... immediately saw the YTC's audition video in the results. I thought 'HEY THIS LOOKS FUN' and commented that I wanted to audition ;w; yay a broken self-promise~

... but honestly it was the best self-promise that I ever broke. -shot-

I spent the next two weeks with the song on repeat, reading over and over again the lyrics as I listened. Then I spent a couple of days doing nothing but rubbing my throat dry recording and recording and recording. (I must've done over 300 takes. Seriously. ;;w;; ) I recorded and mixed my oneshotted audition in Windows Movie Maker. Uploaded at like... 8 PM EST on the last day of auditions... I think I was literally the last audition... And my singing future hinged on this audition, in a way. I thought 'If I don't get in, then I don't think I'll sing anymore covers' (Ahh, I wasn't trying to be obnoxious at all!!! I had no idea whether my singing skills were decent, and uploaded it as a test to see whether or not 'this fandubbing thing' was for me. At that point, I didn't have much emotional attachment to it, so do keep that in mind ^^;;;;;; )

And... the rest isn't interesting. 8D so I'll make it short.

- I somehow got in
- I killed my voice even more in November when the deadline came around cuz I was trying to STILL ONESHOT IT FOR THE FRIGGEN CHORUS OTL (... this is random, but I always wanted to apologize for that. So, I'm sorry Rin-san ;w; I did not know how to mix at all. so yeah. ;;w;; )
- I stalked the channel happily after that
- I found out the YTC channel was created on my birthday ;w; <3
- I saw the video advertising the forums in my sub box later that day
- I joined the forums
- I posted my new person thread at 3 AM, and I think it was on a school night. 8DDDD;;
- I met the most amazing people ever
- I had the best times ever
- ... and before I knew it, a year had passed since the day I found YTC.

9/24/2009-9/24/2010.

This is my year. ;w;

Thank you for spending it with me. ;w;
HappyKittyGirl
HappyKittyGirl
Keyboard Smasher

Singing Alias : Kitty Posts : 2297

My YTC Story

https://www.youtube.com/user/HappyKittyGirl

Back to top Go down

Post by Song of Amazon Sat Sep 25, 2010 3:12 am

Way back in middle school, I used to do these karaoke Sailor Moon musicals with a fun group of kids, including Liana. One day, when I was in high school, Liana said she was starting up this Morning Musume cover group and needed a fifth singer.

Jpop what? But I said yes anyway, and so I've been singing with Yomusu and Yo!Pro for the last five years or so. I'm still woefully unversed on jpop and I'd admit that MIDI Master is the first vocaloid song I've ever heard.

I'm a chorally and classically (opera) trained soprano, though I haven't gotten much chance to sing since I've been up here in Northern India, so I've dived into more karaoke than usual.

How I got into Zodiac; well, I am fairly sure Liana recruited me for that high C at the end of MIDI Master. Haha! Although my classical training does get in the way of pop singing pretty often, it does come in handy now and then. Smile
Song of Amazon
Song of Amazon
Fresh off the Boat

Singing Alias : SoA, Jenna Posts : 2

http://www.toweroftime.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sakura桜 Sat Sep 25, 2010 4:31 pm

nyah~ found out vocaloid. then NNC. then someone on the comments sad "hey there is another chorus just like NNC its a youtube chorus" and then i just looked at it one day. the next day the forum opened. and yay there i go with the un-ending tangles with YTC and the people.
Sakura桜
Sakura桜
Motor Mouth

Singing Alias : Saku桜(and many Posts : 856

Sakura No Ame Chorus My YTC Story

https://www.youtube.com/user/xxcartoonfulxx/

Back to top Go down

Post by animezirow Tue Sep 28, 2010 8:46 am

My first posted fandub was Kokoro (still on my youtube channel). It was just an epic song, you know, and I never heard anything like it. Thus came my obsession with vocaloids.

It has been two years since then and I'm still posting dubs! I have only recently joined ytchorus forums (and participated in the dubs). It's all really fun though.

It's mind-blowing that this all came from a bunch of kids - not even adults. This is a great display of the power of YOUTH. xD haha
animezirow
animezirow
Talking Fruit/Vegetable

Singing Alias : Sherry/anz*w Posts : 58

https://www.youtube.com/user/animezirow

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Sep 30, 2010 6:20 am

I started loving Japanese music ever since...7th or 8th grade, I think? I was just your average prepubescent Korean American girl who loved music and singing and gaming, especially RPGs. I loved FFVII, so when Dirge of Cerberus was slated to come out with my favorite characters (and potential shipping between Yuffie and Vincent :D) I soaked up all news about it, despite the fact that I didn't have a PS2 XD. Well, it turns out that some dude named Gackt was going to do the songs for the game, so I listened to a bit of him. And a bit more. And a lot more. And I listened to his Malice Mizer days and fell in love with more J-Rock and visual kei. And from there I randomly discovered artists and whatnot XD. Anime was all good during those times, but it wasn't until Gackt that I found someone in J-Music I really really liked.

It was because of Gackt that I discovered Vocaloid too. I was still following him two years later (and still follow him now too!) and it turns out he was providing a voice for some project called Vocaloid? I heard some of the old Prima covers of the FFVI song and other opera covers, but it didn't impress me that much. It sounded so artificial and odd compared to real opera, I didn't get into it that much. But because of Gackt, I decided to check out some of the other Vocaloids. The twins looked cute, so I looked for some of their popular and interesting-looking songs on Youtube. On my first day of listening to Vocaloid, I happened to listen to "Kokoro", "Aku no Musume", and "Aku no Meshitsukai" all in succession. You can bet that left some impression on me. I was crying buckets during all three songs. I decided that Vocaloid wasn't as odd as I thought, so I leapt more into the fandom :D

As to how I discovered YT Chorus? I've always loved singing, so I started fandubbing in 7th grade when I auditioned for this YT Anime Idol thing with "Inori ~ You Raise Me Up". I got pretty good ratings, despite the contest never having been finished, so I went on fandubbing random anime songs and a couple of Vocaloid songs (though I'd like to do some musical songs I don't have any guys with whom i can do the cool duets :[) I randomly discovered this site when I was looking up mixing on Audacity (though now I use Adobe Audition which is loads better 8D), so I made an account and joined! Unfortunately I came in too late to audition for any of the choruses now for the contest, but I'm hoping I can participate more in the future ^^

Back to top Go down

Post by Yoshimi Sat Oct 02, 2010 11:56 pm

I was going to draw it, but then I realized I couldn't draw. ;_;

Read right to left, because I'm a weaboo.

What's Your Story? - Page 7 Ytc-story
Yoshimi
Yoshimi
Conversationalist

Singing Alias : 嘉 (Yoshimi) Posts : 154
My YTC Story

Back to top Go down

Post by KentaMidorin Sun Oct 03, 2010 2:07 am

Singing Vocaloid Songs:
It all started with [magnet] really. Loved the music, melodies, themes and the artwork. Then I started browsing for more songs, and eventually got lost into a world I never imagined. As for singing them, I briefly considered it since I had some friends who liked these songs, so I tried singing with them. Still room for improvement, but i wanted to get better... so continued.

Aside from the ones i uploaded on my YT channel, I had other covers, but they weren't that good...

Discovering YTChorus:
...similar to Krovi's actually. thought the first three panels would be replaced by one of the singers' (Koeyume) friend telling us about the chorus KOE was in. Then I found myself here.
KentaMidorin
KentaMidorin
Retired Staff

Singing Alias : ケンタ / 緑n Posts : 2610

My YTC Story

https://www.youtube.com/user/kentamidorin

Back to top Go down

Post by apol Mon Oct 04, 2010 9:08 pm

Krovi wrote:I was going to draw it, but then I realized I couldn't draw. ;_;

oh my Krovi, that was amazing xD
apol
apol
Resident Shota

Singing Alias : アポル / apolP Posts : 1495

Dango Daikazoku Chorus My YTC Story CB (1) Round 1 CB (1) Round 2 CB (1) Round 3

https://www.youtube.com/user/apolxcore

Back to top Go down

Post by Yoshimi Tue Oct 05, 2010 4:16 pm

apolxcore wrote:
Krovi wrote:I was going to draw it, but then I realized I couldn't draw. ;_;

oh my Krovi, that was amazing xD

True story. ;D
Yoshimi
Yoshimi
Conversationalist

Singing Alias : 嘉 (Yoshimi) Posts : 154
My YTC Story

Back to top Go down

Post by NipahDUBS Thu Oct 07, 2010 8:00 pm

I was yelled at to join o 3 o Neiowna sent me the link and I was just like "OKAY :3"
NipahDUBS
NipahDUBS
Conversationalist

Singing Alias : Nya Nya! Posts : 301

My YTC Story

https://www.youtube.com/nipahdubs

Back to top Go down

What's Your Story? - Page 7 Empty I can't really remember. I'll try to make the best of my memory.

Post by Marui Sun Oct 10, 2010 2:23 am

Somehow, I realized that Japanese phonetics are similar to those of Spanish, so I started learning how to sing in Japanese. I failed a lot (still do now) though.

One time, I came across Love is War by Miku. Thought it was odd to hear such a robotic voice singing (t'was hard to differentiate the voice from the music). Instead of searching for more anime opening/closing songs to sing, I searched up Hatsune Miku songs. I found that there was an entire world of these robotic voices, Vocaloids apparently, and it took a while for me to get all my info straight.

I joined some choruses with Vocaloid songs but failed to get into them, since then, I hadn't uploaded any songs to YT. While sulking with a bit of depression/disappointment, I saw the Dear Remix chorus that YTC put up on Youtube. I clicked on it and was amazed by all the singers. My thought then was "I want to be like that" and joined the forums soon after.

Now I'm trying my best (still failing though 'cause my knowledge and experience is like 1%, lol) at singing so I can reach YTC level (or surprisingly surpass it Wink). Everyone here is insanely awesome and on-par with NND, (which I had no clue about until half a year after learning what Vocaloids were) so I want to work my way up and be one of the best. YES I MEAN YOU, ALL OF YOU.

Anyway, I'd like to thank you all for making up what we know as the YouTube Chorus because you guys and gals are what keep me singing everyday, my motivation and inspiration have increased 200%.
Marui
Marui

Singing Alias : Marlly Posts : 11

Dango Daikazoku Chorus My YTC Story

https://www.youtube.com/marllyput

Back to top Go down

Post by shockingbuggy Wed Oct 13, 2010 1:46 am

Man, I wish I could do a fun thing like what Krovi did, but it's outside of my skill set T-T.

Anyway, how I got into singing online was actually through a real life friend of mine (she's Mizuki in Hanabira-gumi). She had been doing fandubbing for a while, and we were both fans of idols, so she got me into it. However, she was a much much better singer than I was (and I think I'll ever be), so I was like okay, I'll get good at the technical side of it. I actually consider myself more of a mixer than a singer, and I think I enjoy it more overall.

As for YTC, I have no idea when I first discovered you guys. I started to get into vocaloids around... April or so, so it might have been around then? I decided to join though when I heard about chorus battle. After Round 1, I think I'm hooked on vocaloid covering, so I will definitely will do more in the future!
shockingbuggy
shockingbuggy
Talking Fruit/Vegetable

Singing Alias : Buggy Posts : 81

Back to top Go down

Post by Hisame Thu Oct 14, 2010 6:12 pm

Ah~
My story, you say? Well... Mine is a lot simpler than the others, so don't be too disappointed, please?

Okay....Ever since last year or so I have been quite...Obsessed with Vocaloid and the songs that were made using it. More specifically Luka, Kaito and Haku songs. And that went(and still goes) on.

So, after a while a friend of mine sent me a video. More specifically the Nico Nico Chorus version of Meltdown. And it melted me with the wonderfulness of the singing....And, at the same time, made me burn with both envy and determination. I felt like trying to do the same!
However... It didn't work as well, as I felt very, very shy of recording myself sing, so I started working on a UTAUloid of mine(please do not comment on that), but...My fire died off. That is...Until I watched the video that reignited the fire of envy and determination inside of me... And that video was and still is Sakura no Ame. It brought tears to my eyes... And, upon reading the name of the uploader, it filled me with hope, since Youtube Chorus sounded so much more accessible to me...

And so....Here I am, lurking for the win?
Hisame
Hisame
Fresh off the Boat

Singing Alias : 氷雨 Posts : 5
My YTC Story

Back to top Go down

Post by BakaNeko Fri Oct 15, 2010 12:17 am

My story is quite simple.

I always love to sing. Every time when i was listening to japan song, i will start singing along with the song. I'm also interested to listening to other people's dub. When i was watching some vocaloid song on youtube, i come across a nico nico chorus. I was curios about it and so i decided to click on it. I was so surprised on how all those singers work together to make the song even better. I kept on watching more nico nico chorus.

Soon i also come across youtube chorus. I got the same reaction 'surprised'. It was so awesome. I check the video description and learn about ytchorus. I went to the forum and sign up, wishing that i can join a group dub will other people.

That's all. Quite simple right?

BakaNeko
BakaNeko

Singing Alias : DIY Posts : 16

My YTC Story

Back to top Go down

What's Your Story? - Page 7 Empty Hey

Post by Kenichi Tsukimura Mon Oct 18, 2010 1:02 pm

Ok, lemme give you at least some time to read this post. And I will apparently write something a little info about little (not technically) ol' me. I'm a 19 year old starter dubber, and I usually just keep dubbing till I run out of inspirations. How I started was a bit of a jump from here to there, but yeah, here's it.

By 2007, my friend for a long time, and still is, back at school, in our sophomore years, were in certain clubs. We both liked anime, and music, and all that. We were rockers back then, listening to All American Rejects, My Chem Romance, and all that. Then, the dawn of that fall moment, he introduced me to what the majority of your dubs is all about, Vocaloid. Well, I was skeptical at J-pop music at first and a little bit resilient, when I heard Dancing Samurai, and Triple Baka, but by the time I YouTube the keyword Vocaloid, they already have alot of songs, and genre's including english songs. 2 years thenafter, I joined my first Vocaloid fanbase site, VocaloidOtaku.

Surely, I'm not allowed to talk about other forums here, but here's my run in the fansite. It was a very bumpy course because I had flames here and there I wouldn't even remember why I got banned in the first place. Well, I think I did, because probably I flamed back too, at the topic posts. Whether or not, at least when I came back on the site, I looked at it and I was amazed at how many members they had, I'm impressed, so I'd rather not bother with them.

Yes, I give up easy, but another thing that hit me on VocaloidOtaku. When I was roaming around the site, there I find out about NicoNicoDouga Chorus. They sing dubs of songs, and in a flashy video kind of way. They harmonize in their songs as if my ears were in sweet bliss of heaven, and I couldn't even resist on, as I keep listening, and listening, on multiple songs that they sung, such as Fire Flower, Kokoro, and Kokoro-Kiseki, and a lot of others that I'd say, J-pop at it's finest, when some people simply edit them altogether to make them sound as 1.

So me as I thought, when I was on that site, stand up a chorus. Here I went, but apparently, someone already managed the chorus. And I said, alright, this might go well, First song we sang, Magnet, it went well with a couple of hundred views, but the syncing was bad. But hey, it's our start. Now that I think about it, I flamed about on the video, and I think this is one of the reasons I got banned on that site (lol)

So, I keep moving and moving, then I stuck my A@# on Gaia Online, because I got bored. I am still there, but on a different vocaloid guild. But the topic doesn't move that much anymore. I suggested also on that site, to make a chorus. But the chorus died in Gaia Online as well. So me, with nothing to turn to, turn back to Vocaloid Otaku, NOT logged in, and surfed.

When I saw something, I saw the word Touhou, so I was wondering, clickie, there goes me surfing and researching again. I played the game itself. Yes it's hard, but eventually, I was able to go on lunatic and finish 6-12.8 with ease. BUT ENOUGH OF THAT GAME CRAP, LET'S TALK ABOUT THE ARRANGES. The game background music when you play, I was impressed, from Remilia Scarlet's theme, and to The Devil herself, "U.N. Owen Was Her?", Then I keep looking for arrangement mixes, and then a couple of months way later, to present, i stumbled upon the techno world again of J-pop at its finest, remixing their arrangements in a way there was a vocal. East New Sound, and all that.

But here's another flashback to me, when I was alone, by myself, I kept dubbing for no reason, just for my own drive, and when I saw you, The YTChorus, I decided, why not join? Right? So henceforth, I did, and therefore, I am here, until this day. I'll keep dubbing even if I live in the gosh darn desert ^^. It's one of my passions, is to sing the songs I like.

From Love, to revocalize your soul.
-Egret Music

P.S. That is my YTchorus Story
Kenichi Tsukimura
Kenichi Tsukimura
Talking Fruit/Vegetable

Singing Alias : Minority Ideas Posts : 114

My YTC Story

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum