Youtube Chorus Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
NEWS
Working on updating the site and adding new features.
Join our Discord channel to talk about possible events and layout changes!

1/2 Prince

+4
jennitachi
Puppet
SilverWalker
FSH
8 posters

Go down

1/2 Prince Empty 1/2 Prince

Post by FSH Fri Mar 26, 2010 2:10 pm

1/2 Prince (1/2 王子, 1/2 Ouji, Half Prince) is a Taiwanese manhua by Yu Wo and illustrated by Choi Hong Chong. The story takes place in the year 2100 A.D. where humans have developed highly realistic virtual reality games. The protagonist, 19 year-old female college student Feng Lan, is challenged by her twin brother Feng Yang Ming to play the newest popular virtual reality game - Second Life - without using the advantages of being a female character in the game. She decides to play as a male character and prove her skills as a swordsman. In the game, she makes many friends and her adventures begin.

The plot of 1/2 Prince circles around the adventures and lives of various characters that interact within the virtual reality game known as Second Life. The majority of these characters are of the team "Odd Squad," and members of a second team known as "Dark Phantom." The story takes place mostly in the virtual environment of Second Life. In Chapter 12 of the series, the main character, Feng Lan, encounters almost everyone of her Second Life friends in reality.

Characters:
Spoiler:
Feng Lan
In-game name: Prince (a.k.a Blood Elf)
Race: Elf
Job: Warrior
Team: Odd Squad (Team Leader)
Pets: Meatbun (dropped from Wolf King), Kenshin (reward from a hidden quest), Sunshine (reward from a hidden quest)
After her brother declares that she can never make it as a guy in the game world where girls are given special treatment (HP boost, free equipment from other players, easier to level up), Feng Lan starts playing Second Life, a new virtual reality game. Being literally the first person to log onto the new game, she is given the option to make her character male (normally sex-changes in-game are forbidden). This character is named Prince, a warrior class, and wields a rather unique black sword, identified as 'Black Sabre' by the A.I. The Black Sabre is a unique weapon type, capable of leveling similar to a player, they can rival Godly weapons given enough time. Being 30% better looking than her real life self she makes for a really attractive pretty boy, and grabs the attention of every female in-game. She is the leader of the Odd Squad. She was oblivious to the fact that Gui and Wicked have strong romantic feelings towards her, and instead thinks those romantic feelings are directed at her twin brother. However, after being informed by her parents, she realizes that Gui and Wicked have feelings for Prince. She and Odd Squad decide to make a guild, Infinite City, after they won the adventurer's tournament.

As Prince, she has a ruthless way of fighting, stating that she likes the feeling of her body soaked in blood. She also smiles when she kills people, stating that it's good manners. Using vulgar language, Prince managed to scare Team Hell's Murderers into forfeiting when the Odd Squad was about to fight them in a match. Prince is a natural leader and is most comfortable when speaking to large groups of people, and led Infinite City to victory after everyone else had lost hope. Prince has also become an idol in the Second Life world, due to her recent singing concerts which have been leading up to a much larger show in Infinite City! Her popularity has grown so much that Second Life has asked her to be the official Second Life spokesperson.

Ming Ju Wen
In-game name: Guiliastos/Gui
Job: Bard
Team: Odd Squad
Pet: Fire Phoenix (won from a bet in the tournament)
One of the members of Odd Squad. Upon first meeting Prince, he kissed his (Prince) hand in front of many people in Star City. He "appears" to be gay and as a result of going to far in his praise of how perfect Prince was, Prince killed him. On his second meeting, he helped Prince and the Odd Squad kill zombies and since then he has joined the team. He enjoys harassing Prince and getting beaten by him but later he realizes his love for Prince without knowing Prince's true gender/identity.

In reality, he is 26 years old and works as a professor at the university that Feng Lan and Feng Yang Ming attend and teaches literature in one of Feng Lan's class. Rumor has it he is a genius with and IQ of 200. He became a professor at the age of 22 and got his PhD at the age of 25. By the age of 26, he is one of the most sought-after lecturers by all universities in the country.

In a small side story, it is shown that he was actually very bored in his everyday life, finding everything mundane. He initially had no interest in games and only got Second Life when a persuasive salesman convinced him to buy a computer. Second Life came free with a sleeping headset, the use of which allows the player to play Second Life while asleep. He initially mocked the concept of RPG's but after reading the manual he decided to give the game a try. He soon fell in love with the freedom of the virtual world and spent many hours roaming lands and playing his music.

It is revealed that he is not actually homosexual as it is first implied, but is straight and at first thought that Prince was a homosexual checking him out. He began swooning over him to see how far he could push him and though at first Prince found the attention flattering, he kills Gui a few moments later because Gui said "men's bodies are better than females".

Gui continues to pretend to be a homosexual just for the fun of it, but soon finds himself seriously interested in Prince (still without knowledge of Prince's true gender).

Zhuo Ling Bin
In-game name: Wicked
Race: Dark elf
Team: Dark Phantom (Team Leader)
A very skillful warrior and the leader of Dark Phantom. After meeting Prince, he accepts him and his team as his sworn enemy. He is Feng Lan and Feng Yang Ming's childhood friend. He has known Feng Lan since she was 8 years old. He refers to Feng Lan as Xiao Lan. When Feng Lan was 12 years old, he had to move away to follow his family. He made a promise that he would marry Feng Lan in the future. When he found out that Prince's real identity is Feng Lan, he becomes protective and possessive of her. Zhuo Ling Bin is jealous of Gui because he heard from his younger brother - Zhuo Ming Bin - that Prince and Gui have a very "strange" relationship. Later, he admits that he has been in love with Feng Lan for 8 years. As a promise to Feng Lan, he keeps her identity in-game a secret, especially from her brother, Feng Yang Ming.

In the game, Wicked is well known as the leader of Dark Phantom. His incredible speed and ability with a rapier contributes to his stabbing and thrusting style of swordsmanship. His most powerful attack is called "Enigma of the Eclipse," which is an extremely fast flurry of blows.

Feng Yang Ming
In-game name: Feng Wu Qing/Heartless Wind
Race: Human
Team: Dark Phantom, formerly Rose
Feng Lan's loud mouthed twin brother. He dared his sister to play Second Life as a male. He has gone to the same elementary, middle, high school, and now university as Feng Lan.

He hates Prince for stealing his women in-game (Rose and Fairsky), and doesn't know that Prince is actually his sister. He and his family holds a grudge against Prince. He switches to the Dark Phantom team after Rose joins the Prince Fan Club.

Lolidragon
(Translated directly from Chinese is "Little Dragon Girl")

Her real name is unknown.
Job: Thief
At first, Feng Lan believed Lolidragon was an NPC but it is revealed that she works as one of 'Second Life's' hidden game moderators and has a character in-game. She knows Prince's real identity. With permission from 'Second Life's' headquarters, she granted Feng Lan's wish to be a male warrior. She also the one responsible for handling Prince's character creation process. She also pretends to be Prince's wife for awhile to get all the fan-girls to leave him alone.

She is a very agile and fast character that specializes in back stabs and stealth attacks. She is known to have stolen millions of game currency and items from other players: a grand total of "1,655,720 worth of cash, one precious sword and an unsold battle armor" as Gui succinctly reveals after a quick check in Chapter 15, Grand Mix.

Lee Tian Lang
In-game name: Ugly Wolf
Race: Beast
Job: Priest
At first, he thought of becoming a magician but gave up and became a priest instead because the line to be the former was too long. He helped Prince and Lolidragon when they were in trouble and later joined their team. Even though he looks like a fierce beast, he has a very gentle personality. In-game, he marries another of Odd Squad's members, Yu Lian.

He works as a doctor at Feng Lan's university. From Feng Lan's point of view, he has a very caring personality both in and out of the game. He also seems to be friends with the reality Gui.

Doll
In-game name: Magical Doll/Doll
Race: Celestial
Job: Soul Sorcerer (Necromancer)
Another of the Odd Squad's members. She is an angel necromancer who can summon the undead from hell but is afraid of them instead. She claims that although she may look like an evil magician, she is as good as an angel, although she uses "black magic" to summon her undead pets. Her favorite quote is "Love and Justice."

Although she has a weird and childish personality and the looks of a 12 year old girl, Doll sometimes can be very mature. She admits that she comes from a wealthy family in real life and refers to herself in third person.

Yu Lian
Job: Wizard
She joined Odd Squad when she overheard that they needed a wizard on their team. At first, her actions make Lolidragon suspicious because, according to Lolidragon, many female players want to join their team because they were attracted to Prince's and Gui's looks. After being questioned by her, Yu Lian told the team that she is attracted to Ugly Wolf instead. Later she marries Ugly Wolf in-game.

Though she may look like a shy and gentle girl, Prince believes that that is just a facade. She is a wizard that specializes in elemental magic. She specializes in fire, with a sub-specialty of wood.

Yu Lian is shown to be very prudent about the guild's finances, and is very scary when Prince went on a boat to the East continent, which cost 5000 crystals.

Zhuo Ming Bin
In-game name: Ming Huang
Job: Wizard
Team: Dark Phantom
One of Dark Phantom's members who has a violent personality. Mistaken as a girl by Prince, Ming Huang holds a grudge against Prince and his team, Odd Squad. Like Yu Lian, Ming Huang is also a wizard and he specializes in elemental magic - lightning.

Ming Huang is the younger brother of Wicked/Zhuo Ling Bin. Feng Lan describes Ming Huang as a spoiled, violent brat in-game and constantly wonders where the cute Zhuo-didi (Little Zhuo) she'd known before Zhuo Ling Bin moved away has evaporated to.
(Stolen from Wikipedia)

Discuss!
I give it a 11/10
FSH
FSH
Hyperactive SUGAR HIGH

Singing Alias : 魚二三 Posts : 1356

Post Spammer Winner

https://www.youtube.com/user/FScarlettHenry

Back to top Go down

1/2 Prince Empty Re: 1/2 Prince

Post by SilverWalker Fri Mar 26, 2010 3:36 pm

I LOVE 1/2 PRINCE!

im checking it daily for updates. its one of the best manga i've ever read...and sadly...i read some spoilers...
SilverWalker
SilverWalker
Talking Fruit/Vegetable

http://www.silverleafwarriors.proboards.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Mar 27, 2010 3:02 am

ahha I haven't read this since NOvember xD
But I did like reading it...
waiting for scanlation is urhg *headedsk*

Back to top Go down

Post by SilverWalker Sat Mar 27, 2010 3:01 pm

yep...

they take so long...but ah well. hey whats that manga on your siggy? i laugh everytime i see it.
SilverWalker
SilverWalker
Talking Fruit/Vegetable

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Mar 27, 2010 5:24 pm

SilverWalker wrote:yep...

they take so long...but ah well. hey whats that manga on your siggy? i laugh everytime i see it.

REJOICE the OVA for the manga just released yesterday xD
its called.. DUN DUN DUN you guessed it right Sex pistols
xD

go read it! it awesome.
and I already posted the OP for it in BL fans unite thread :3

Back to top Go down

Post by SilverWalker Sat Mar 27, 2010 6:23 pm

oh ive heard of it! it sounded really good!

xD ah i posted a video where a guy rants about how yaoi sucks...nobody has seen it yet... Crying
SilverWalker
SilverWalker
Talking Fruit/Vegetable

Back to top Go down

Post by FSH Fri Apr 02, 2010 2:46 pm

Waiting for chapter 41.... =D
FSH
FSH
Hyperactive SUGAR HIGH

Post Spammer Winner

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Apr 19, 2010 6:40 pm

OMG someone made a post of this~ I LOVE YOU, FSH!!! <33

1/2 Prince is my absolute favourite! I love it!!! >A< But the updatessss ;;A;; I'm sadded they lost their RAW scans provider as well as many members... I hope they get some new recruits ;;w;;

Back to top Go down

Post by FSH Thu Jun 17, 2010 7:00 pm

Chapters 41 and 42 are out! ^^ YAY
FSH
FSH
Hyperactive SUGAR HIGH

Post Spammer Winner

Back to top Go down

Post by Puppet Sat Jul 10, 2010 1:50 pm

OMG 1/2 Prince. -squeal- Man i LOVE that series.
Puppet
Puppet
Talkative

Singing Alias : Puppet Posts : 478

http://www.stringstomypuppet.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by jennitachi Mon Aug 09, 2010 11:20 am

1/2 Prince is the besttttt. One of my absolute, and forever favorites. The current chapters are alright. The wait is a bit annoying, but hey, they're doing their best to get scans out to us.
♥ At least I have the novel to read. http://halfprince.wordpress.com/
jennitachi
jennitachi

Singing Alias : Jen / Hoshi / 星 Posts : 14

http://just-a-web-artist.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by thedustwhispered Sat Aug 14, 2010 10:23 pm

I actually really liked 1/2 Prince until they started the singing concert thing.. and then it got really Mary-Sue. ):
I miss the times when they would go on crazy quests and stuff! </3
thedustwhispered
thedustwhispered

Singing Alias : Dust Posts : 28

Back to top Go down

Post by SweetHolly Wed Dec 22, 2010 6:01 pm

Oooooh I liked 1/2 Prince for a while until the chapters stopped coming out ^^" I lost interest when the chapters started coming out too slow. I liked the concert part though
SweetHolly
SweetHolly
Talking Fruit/Vegetable

Singing Alias : ゆみ (Yumi) Posts : 81

My YTC Story

http://amedameichigo.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Aniki Thu Dec 23, 2010 11:50 am

I love this series. :'D

I got volume six in chinese in Hong Kong before it was released online. XD
Aniki
Aniki
Talkative

Singing Alias : 兄貴 Posts : 336

CB (1) Round 1 CB (1) Round 2 CB (1) Round 3

Back to top Go down

Post by SongOfaDoll Sun Jul 17, 2011 1:53 pm

I'm same as SweetHolly ~
I really miss the Bloody Prince but since every chapter is coming once a month it's a pain to wait so long *sobs*
SongOfaDoll
SongOfaDoll

Singing Alias : Yinhie Posts : 46

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum