NEWS
New layout by Shinra!
RaidCall for YTC and new badge!
Feedback Badges are our newest feature. Go check them out!
[QUESTIONS] Blind Duet 2015 ~ Ask your questions here!
Latest topics
POLLS
Share your thoughts with us!
Layout Feedback!

[DISCUSSION] Favorite Songs/Bands That Aren't in Japanese or English?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

[DISCUSSION] Favorite Songs/Bands That Aren't in Japanese or English?

Post by sonic-nancy-fan on Sun Nov 05, 2017 3:04 pm

Most youtaites tend to cover songs that were originally Japanese, and most people on YTC have at least some grasp of English. Because of that, I thought it would be fun to discuss some of your favorite songs/bands that are not originally Japanese or English. This way, we can expand people's horizons to include songs that are in languages they have little experience with sweet .

I'll start!

As anyone who looks at my lyrics knows (you know, those 2 people or so), I REALLY like French musicals. French musical songs tend to be more abstract? I suppose. While English musical songs often include dialogue witin the songs themselves, French ones seldom do. French musical songs also often could be played on the radio and you'd have no idea they were from a musical; the same usually does not apply to English musicals.

I'll link some recommendations:

Le roi soleil

Basically all of the songs from this musical are amazing. I highly recommend listening to all of them, but I'll pick out some highlights.

Mozart l'opera rock

This musical takes Mozart songs and rock-ifies them.

Mistinguett reine des années folles

An underated musical where all of the songs have a jazzy feel to them.

I'm going to have to stop with the French musicals Hyper .

Oonagh

I also listen to Oonagh, who sings Celtic-esque, fairytale sounding songs in German and Elvish (from The Lord of The Rings).
sonic-nancy-fan
Role Holder
Role Holder

Singing Alias : Joker Female

Penny for your thoughts! Ai Kotoba II Words Tako Luka Maguro Fever Event Participant Box of Cheer ٩๏̯͡๏۶ Participant Monthly Theme Participant (1/4) Monthly Theme Participant (2/4) Monthly Theme Participant (3/4) Monthly Theme Participant (4/4)

http://sonicnancyfan.blog.fc2.com/

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top