Youtube Chorus Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
NEWS
Working on updating the site and adding new features.
Join our Discord channel to talk about possible events and layout changes!
Latest topics
» fluffy's pudding stash- i mean covers.
by fluffyparuko Mon Mar 11, 2024 7:52 pm

» [MONTHLY THEME] February: Love in the Air~Due March 5th
by sonic-nancy-fan Sat Mar 02, 2024 6:03 pm

» Joker's Trans-lyrics
by sonic-nancy-fan Sat Mar 02, 2024 6:00 pm

» [MONTHLY THEME] March: Old Stuff~Due March 31st
by sonic-nancy-fan Sat Mar 02, 2024 5:08 pm

» ~Uniqflame Covers and Voice acting stuff~
by Uniqflame Thu Feb 22, 2024 3:08 pm

» [MONTHLY THEME] January: Bittersweet Chocolate~Due January 31st
by sonic-nancy-fan Tue Jan 30, 2024 11:46 am

» ✾ Faeri's Covers ✾
by FaeriMagic Tue Jan 16, 2024 8:22 pm

» [MONTHLY THEME] December: Snow Day~Due December 31st
by sonic-nancy-fan Sat Dec 30, 2023 9:10 pm

» [MONTHLY THEME] November: Together in Harmony~Due November 30th
by sonic-nancy-fan Thu Nov 30, 2023 3:02 pm

Youtaites Unite!

+11
reizu
mopheke
Hanks Hill
caffeinateme
Akiinah
Yaon
Razzy
keroron
amekurukara
DefectRila
15 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Youtaites Unite! - Page 2 Empty Re: Youtaites Unite!

Post by Aerlith Sun Feb 19, 2017 10:20 pm

Hey!! It's nice to see people still active here!! I really dropped the ball by becoming inactive.. @@ I'm sorry about that.

I have more free time compared to before now though and will for a while again, so I am wondering if you guys want to try to make this place more active again. If you do, I'll see what I can do. It'll probably be baby steps, but it'd be nice to get the place running again.

To be honest, I haven't done anything youtaite-related for over a year and a half, so there's also a lot I need to catch up on, too. >.<
Aerlith
Aerlith
Forever messing with staff.

Singing Alias : Aerlith Posts : 1976
I'm on the spice rack! Raidcall Train Participant Ai Kotoba II Chorus Ai Kotoba II Words Blind Duets Judge SMILING Participant Tako Luka Maguro Fever Event Participant Box of Cheer ٩๏̯͡๏۶ Participant Megurine Luka 10-Year Celebration Participant Monthly Theme Participant (1/4) Monthly Theme Participant (2/4) Monthly Theme Participant (3/4) Monthly Theme Participant (4/4)

https://www.youtube.com/user/xAerlith

Back to top Go down

Post by sonic-nancy-fan Mon Feb 20, 2017 4:42 pm

Of course you know that I'm game. If you need any help with anything, let me know~ Shiny
sonic-nancy-fan
sonic-nancy-fan
Administrator

Singing Alias : Joker Posts : 679

Penny for your thoughts! Ai Kotoba II Words Tako Luka Maguro Fever Event Participant Box of Cheer ٩๏̯͡๏۶ Participant Megurine Luka 10-Year Celebration Participant Monthly Theme Participant (1/4) Monthly Theme Participant (2/4) Monthly Theme Participant (3/4) Monthly Theme Participant (4/4)

http://sonicnancyfan.blog.fc2.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by keroron Wed Feb 22, 2017 3:20 pm

Akiinah please Happiness  we're not going to disown you! But ehe~ I actually just went back to school from break (why I haven't logged in for so long as well...) so I haven't found the time to properly mix anything yet  ) :

Ohh, hello! Yes, well we're relatively active I suppose?

I would try to participate in monthly themes, but its hard for me to get any recording done because I live with 5 other people and they don't enjoy loud distracting noises disturbing their work  Sweat

That's...a lot of lyrics. That's impressive  Shocked

Oh and for sure, I'm definitely interested in trying to make it active again!
keroron
keroron

Singing Alias : Keroron Posts : 29

Back to top Go down

Post by Aerlith Wed Feb 22, 2017 9:27 pm

I'm glad to hear that! I have been thinking about changing the focus of the forums to make it more collaborative than competitive. Maybe stop with the YTC choruses and instead do mass choruses. And/or do member features every so often. You can submit either weekly or.. bi-weekly, not sure yet, but we could have different categories. Leaving a comment to give feedback can award people with points. Not sure what people could do with the points though, so if you have suggestions, that would be great! Smile

I know, right? Joker's sooooo impressive with her translyrics!
Aerlith
Aerlith

I'm on the spice rack! Raidcall Train Participant Ai Kotoba II Chorus Ai Kotoba II Words Blind Duets Judge SMILING Participant Tako Luka Maguro Fever Event Participant Box of Cheer ٩๏̯͡๏۶ Participant Megurine Luka 10-Year Celebration Participant Monthly Theme Participant (1/4) Monthly Theme Participant (2/4) Monthly Theme Participant (3/4) Monthly Theme Participant (4/4)

Back to top Go down

Post by sonic-nancy-fan Wed Feb 22, 2017 11:48 pm

Guys, you're making me blush over here shy . But thank you both so much. I really appreciate it Shiny .

On a related note, the 'giving feedback to get points and earn specific badges' didn't go over so well as some people just don't want feedback and or took feedback as a personal attack/degrading. Kind of a, 'what right do you have to criticize me when I didn't even ask you to' way, which I can totally understand. I would probably be moderately bothered if people critiqued me to be honest XD. So, moral of the story, I don't think we should start up the feedback for points system again.

The only thing I can think of rewarding for points would be badges, but other than feedback, which I don't think we should do, I don't know how people would get points. All of that makes me think that maybe we should consider removing the point system all together or at least not using the feedback system.

Also, I like the new theme. It looks nice.
sonic-nancy-fan
sonic-nancy-fan
Administrator

Penny for your thoughts! Ai Kotoba II Words Tako Luka Maguro Fever Event Participant Box of Cheer ٩๏̯͡๏۶ Participant Megurine Luka 10-Year Celebration Participant Monthly Theme Participant (1/4) Monthly Theme Participant (2/4) Monthly Theme Participant (3/4) Monthly Theme Participant (4/4)

Back to top Go down

Post by Akiinah Thu Feb 23, 2017 1:18 pm

Joker, lmao. I actually went back to my post to see if I could find the Homedepot link but I didn't see it. hahah. But I'm glad it made your day a little brighter! xD

Hrm... I mean, I can attempt at those monthly themes as best as I can...starting in May when school is over. Sadly, I haven't been able to sing covers very often due to school and work and trying to have a social life on top of all of it. Sighhhh...  Sweat

Awww~ Thanks Keroron!~ *GLOMPS* I won't disown you either~ and no worries, friend-oh, take your time! There's no rush! ^w^)/

Oohhh, I think mass choruses and member features would be a great way for people to get to know each other! Of course, the choruses would probably be a bit more challenging considering that we would have to find people to actually join and commit to it (we're all a little shy at first)...but overall, it's a great idea! I think there have been a few people who have tried the mass chorus idea in other forums in the past... 

Hrm... I agree with Joker. I don't personally have a problem with getting feedback, but it IS true that some people take it as a 'degrading'. Some people do what they do because it is fun or they find enjoyment in doing it, so getting feedback on it might be a bit much. Though... I haven't been on the site for too long so I actually don't know much about the points and badges...

Akiinah
Fresh off the Boat

Singing Alias : Akiinah Posts : 9

Back to top Go down

Post by sonic-nancy-fan Thu Feb 23, 2017 3:11 pm

@Akiinah
If you look at the badges I have, only the top left one of Kaito is due to feedback, all of the others are for participating in other things. If you hover over badges, they usually tell you what they are for.

I think a mass chorus sounds nice, not that I'd necessarily participate though lol. Even so, since there isn't really a mass of people on here that are active, it might be difficult to scrounge up a mass of people. I suppose that also depends on what you define as 'mass' and where else you plan on looking for participants though.
sonic-nancy-fan
sonic-nancy-fan
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Aerlith Thu Feb 23, 2017 4:31 pm

In terms of feedback, I was thinking an area where people could post WIPs and get feedback, and that would be the points that people could receive. It could also be open to completed projects, but it would be up to people Smile

I agree with the mass choruses since we'd have to get staff back for that and I'm not sure how many of them are free now. I do like the idea of the member features though since it lets people get to know each other. We could have weekly nominations where you can send in someone else's work to nominate and it could be featured on the website. If weekly is too often, I'm also open to extending the length of time.
Aerlith
Aerlith

Back to top Go down

Post by sonic-nancy-fan Thu Feb 23, 2017 10:34 pm

Okay, I could see feedback working for WIP's. That sorts out pretty much all of the issues the old system had.
sonic-nancy-fan
sonic-nancy-fan
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Yaon Mon Feb 27, 2017 12:10 am

Hi hi! ^0^/

I've been stalking here for like.... a few years (?) but just recently found the courage to post something (lol)

I like singing in general. My favorite music genres are mostly pop, rock, punk, metal; tho I like classical too! but obviously I LOVEE Vocaloids the most (duh) <3

my forever love is KuroKumo <3333 Her voice is just "aaaaaaaaahhhhh!!  I\'m In Love.." I can hear all the emotions in one song, I just- asdajfdfhasgawvjhdsbv-!! and now I can't even talk properly lmao

anyways, I'm v new here, I hope we can get along! ^w^
I'm always open for collabs! (both as a singer, and as an artist ;D)
Yaon
Yaon
Fresh off the Boat

Singing Alias : ✦あえる Posts : 6

Back to top Go down

Post by Akiinah Wed Mar 01, 2017 4:58 pm

Hi Yaon! Nice to meet you!~~

Oohhh, okok, I see now. Thanks Joker!
And yeah, I agree. I can see the feedback thing working if it's for WIP's. But how would the nominating thing work? I'm not against the idea, I like it a lot, I'm just curious as to how it would work and such. Like would people just nominate someone and that said person would be chosen by random or would it have to be a voting type thing?

Akiinah
Fresh off the Boat

Back to top Go down

Post by Aerlith Wed Mar 01, 2017 7:23 pm

Hi Yaon! Welcome! Smile Nice to have you here!

For the nominations, you would earn points by giving feedback to people's WIP and you can "spend" the points to nominate someone's work. Alternatively, we could also have a weekly submission where you can nominate stuff, and it could be selected by RNG. Of course, if you guys have other ideas of how to do it, feel free to share, too!
Aerlith
Aerlith

Back to top Go down

Post by Akiinah Mon Mar 20, 2017 11:12 pm

Oh my door, sorry for the late reply, Aer! 
I'm finally on spring break, thank the lord...
But no that makes sense, thanks for clearing it up for me! Smile

Akiinah
Fresh off the Boat

Back to top Go down

Post by caffeinateme Thu Mar 30, 2017 10:27 pm

Hello there!

I've been posting covers since last year, but I wasn't exactly aware that there was a community for this until... today. LOL I hope to be a more active member, or at least find new people to talk to and watch. XDDD

Hmmm... I like to think that I'm a ballad-type singer, but I tend to cover everything and anything with my groupmates. Everything from pop-ish Vocaloid songs to otome songs... I guess I'm not picky.

If there's anything I have a BURNING DESIRE to record, it's to find 11 other people to sing Tsuki no Uta with... But there's no off vocal, so... *sobs in corner* I mean, I can always just write an off vocal, but it's never too good and I end up scrapping most of what I arrange.

My favourite utaite include: minato, Araki, Kashitaro Ito, Chomaiyo, Tyoumiryou, Kanseru, Ashikubi, and Amatsuki

My favourite youtaite include: iMochi, Alfakyun, and Vulkain

I'm probably more familiar with talking about Vocaloid producers and their work more than anything... 
caffeinateme
caffeinateme

Singing Alias : caffeinateme Posts : 16

https://soundcloud.com/caffeinateme

Back to top Go down

Post by keroron Sun Apr 02, 2017 10:42 am

Hello, hello~!!! Nice to meet you, Yaon and Caffeinateme  Happiness

Akiinah, your school ends in May?! I'm jealous! Aha, I'm seriously 'taking my time,' oops. But I'm glad that you won't disown me haha  Happy

Yo I totally feel that problem with no off-vocals, it's...so sad...

Also I haven't really contributed to the 'reviving YT chorus' ideas, but all I really have to say is that doing mass choruses and member features would be cool. If there isn't enough active people on here right now (which there probably isn't?  hmm... ), mass choruses could be open to just general youtaites and not necessary just members of the forum? Or at least at first, when trying to start up doing mass choruses. I'm wondering if doing more things like that would encourage more people to sign up/become active on the forum again. For lack of staff...that could be a problem though haha. I'm not well-acquainted with how things like this would work, so I'm really not sure about anything  LostSoul
keroron
keroron

Back to top Go down

Post by caffeinateme Sun Apr 02, 2017 8:46 pm

Mass choruses sounds fun~ They also sounds like a pain to mix...

I personally love chorus battles, it's really sad that there aren't enough people to host any. 

I think part of the reason why this forum is inactive is its lack of exposure. I didn't even know this forum existed until a few days ago, so if more people found out that this forum exists, this forum will become more active again.

Also, I think all the links, banners, etc. that display an old date should be updated, so more people are encouraged to sign up. ^^ I was a little put off by the old dates at first, but after checking more closely and seeing that there are still active members, I decided to sign up.
caffeinateme
caffeinateme

Back to top Go down

Post by keroron Mon Apr 03, 2017 6:43 am

Oh that's true, didn't think about that haha. RIP mixer I guess? 

But did chorus battles die out? I remember they were a big thing back when utaites and youtaites hit their peak popularity. Speaking of which, I'm not sure if it's just me but I don't think it's just this forum that's died out, I think that utaites and youtaites have become less of a thing? Lots of old popular utaites and youtaites are becoming actual pros now, while a lot have also just stopped being active. Maybe that's why the forum is less active as well? The hype has died out?  hmm... Well, maybe I just think it has haha...

Right, that's true. I was having trouble getting into the forum because I felt bad posting in old topics. That's why I made this one haha  Happy

But in any case, I think that it would be beneficial for everyone to start making new topics because yeah, it's pretty obvious that the forum isn't very active and that's not very appealing to new members.
keroron
keroron

Back to top Go down

Post by mopheke Mon Apr 03, 2017 6:56 am

hey folks.
youtaites and chorus battles are definitely not dead. there's at least 5 CBs running at any given moment, www
Youtaite CB Central literally documents them all right here.
some youtaite have retired and such, but there was also a huge migration to other social media, namely Twitter, Skype and Discord. i think it's because conversation doesn't flow very well via long-form board posts.

but it's true that there's not a lot of mass choruses these days. revive YTC!

mopheke
mopheke

Singing Alias : moph Posts : 38

Megurine Luka 10-Year Celebration Participant

http://mopheke.carrd.co

Back to top Go down

Post by keroron Mon Apr 03, 2017 7:25 am

Hey thanks for letting me know, I know like nothing about what's going on with the youtaite community hah. Also yeah, somebody mentioned the migration earlier. It's just a lot different than 2010-2012-ish right now? More directed towards utaites. There seem to be less utaite and NND videos being posted on YT now than before.  Happy

Last edited by keroron on Mon Apr 03, 2017 9:35 am; edited 1 time in total
keroron
keroron

Back to top Go down

Post by caffeinateme Mon Apr 03, 2017 9:01 am

They definitely aren't dead. I'm looking for a team/people to start a team with me for the Magia District Battle as we speak.
caffeinateme
caffeinateme

Back to top Go down

Post by keroron Mon May 01, 2017 1:22 pm

Ahhh but this topic/thread (?) is somewhat dead now. So! Happiness  I will ask more questions;

When and how did you first discover the utaite/youtaite fandom/community? Like any odorite? Do you use NND, youtube, or both? On a scale of 1-10 how angry do you get when you can't find the instrumental/off-vocal of a song  seriously? ?!

Right, so for myself, when I really liked vocaloid in like 2010-2011, I was listening to a bunch of versions of Meltdown and somehow ended up on Clear's cover and I was just really impressed and that was that haha. I don't really follow any odorite, I just watch dance covers to specific songs sometimes. NND I use for utaites, youtube I use for...anything else! And I become full of RAGE when I can't find off-vocals  Annoyed It's always my fault for starting to working on lyrics before checking, but...10 for me!
keroron
keroron

Back to top Go down

Post by caffeinateme Mon May 01, 2017 11:47 pm

I think I stumbled onto Vocaloid community the same day I discovered anime. xD I was so confused as to what the difference was at the time. I remember that my first Vocaloid song was Akahitoha, and it's still one of my favourite songs even now. Shortly after that, I believe Yamai released her cover of it, and then I was in love... 

I post my covers on YT and NND to stalk old and new utaites. NND is almost as distracting as tumblr, as there's always something new being uploaded and I CAN'T WATCH IT ALL I'M DROWNING 

I'm usually a 6 when it comes to off-vocals. I'm annoyed that it isn't released or I can't find one, but if it bothers me enough I can just arrange one for myself.
caffeinateme
caffeinateme

Back to top Go down

Post by sonic-nancy-fan Tue May 02, 2017 11:13 am

I remember that the first Vocaloid song I heard was Melody by Hatsune Miku. My brother introduced me to Project Diva 2nd, and the rest is history XD. What got me interested in writing trans-lyrics was...I think I somehow found some of Razzy's covers. I don't remember exactly, but I do remember that he was a big reason that I got started writing lyrics.

I don't usually watch dance covers. I really like 96Neko. I use NND when a song is only on there, but otherwise, I rarely do. I had to post a cover there due to Youtube copyrights once, though.

On a scale of 1-10? That depends on if I can try to jerry-rig a ghetto version of the instrumental myself. I can't actually make an off vocal, I have to edit the crap out of the original and a vocal removed version until I get something that sounds decent lol. But, most songs that doesn't work for, so anywhere from a 6-9.
sonic-nancy-fan
sonic-nancy-fan
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by mopheke Wed May 03, 2017 10:40 am

Hatsune was always in the peripheral of my weeb activites, but Donishima's Just Be Friends was the actual first step into vocaloid/utattemita. polished PV, professional mixing and singing, looking like anime but distinctly different in feel - it was interesting enough to eventually lead me to ytc. hard to believe it's been 7 years since...//cue nostalgia

i live for comedic odorite(re: anyone who puts out anything related to Gigantic OTN). i like the unpredictability of hopping around on NND, but i guess it might not be so fun that way as my Japanese comprehension increases, eh?

regarding off-vocal problems: in the past i would get frustrated, but now the anger level is closer to zero. i'm of the opinion that a producer is not necessarily obligated to provide instrumentals and allow covers of their own work. that being said, i usually check for an off-vocal before starting any cover work to avoid such disappointment, haha.

i'm going to continue the discussion (keep the thread alive!) with another question: Do you prefer the singing of vocaloids/utaus or human vocalists?

(i think vocaloids are very important symbolically in the community - not only are they beloved mascots we can bond over but they're also a step forward in accessible music production. having a recognizable voice and persona on-hand to sing your composed songs at any time must be really empowering as a musician. my personal favourites are vflower and Len. but of course, this fandom is all about building upon the work of others, so i'm always interested in what utaite/youtaite's unique take on a song. especially the jazzy folks, yeyeee--)

mopheke
mopheke

Singing Alias : moph Posts : 38

Megurine Luka 10-Year Celebration Participant

http://mopheke.carrd.co

Back to top Go down

Post by keroron Wed May 03, 2017 12:14 pm

Ahhh speaking of youtube and copyrighting, quite a number of older utaite videos have been removed on there, does anyone know if anything like that happens on NND? I’m just curious whether videos are ever taken down, because if so then I really should save some of them…   seriously?

Wait, people blame producers when they can’t find an off-vocal? Or, like, they feel obligated to have the off-vocals? People do that? But it’s, well, it’s basically one’s own fault for not checking if there is one beforehand isn't it...? Sweat  Oh well. And on that note, I feel bad for producer’s because so many of their songs aren’t recognized as their own sometimes because people say things like “Melt by Hatsune Miku” instead of actually crediting them. It happens way too often.

Hmm, well I’m really impressed by vocaloids, and they’re undoubtedly a very important part of the whole community, but I personally do prefer human vocalists. There's not much of a reason other than it's just what my ears prefer haha. Well, my stance on this changes occasionally, but right now that’s what I think…not that I don’t like listening to vocaloids! I mean, there are a number of songs that do sound best when sung by one of them, in my opinion.

Thanks for bringing up another question, by the way~!  Happiness

Last edited by keroron on Fri May 12, 2017 5:07 pm; edited 1 time in total
keroron
keroron

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next