Youtube Chorus Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
NEWS
Working on updating the site and adding new features.
Join our Discord channel to talk about possible events and layout changes!
Latest topics
» fluffy's pudding stash- i mean covers.
by fluffyparuko Mon Mar 11, 2024 7:52 pm

» [MONTHLY THEME] February: Love in the Air~Due March 5th
by sonic-nancy-fan Sat Mar 02, 2024 6:03 pm

» Joker's Trans-lyrics
by sonic-nancy-fan Sat Mar 02, 2024 6:00 pm

» [MONTHLY THEME] March: Old Stuff~Due March 31st
by sonic-nancy-fan Sat Mar 02, 2024 5:08 pm

» ~Uniqflame Covers and Voice acting stuff~
by Uniqflame Thu Feb 22, 2024 3:08 pm

» [MONTHLY THEME] January: Bittersweet Chocolate~Due January 31st
by sonic-nancy-fan Tue Jan 30, 2024 11:46 am

» ✾ Faeri's Covers ✾
by FaeriMagic Tue Jan 16, 2024 8:22 pm

» [MONTHLY THEME] December: Snow Day~Due December 31st
by sonic-nancy-fan Sat Dec 30, 2023 9:10 pm

» [MONTHLY THEME] November: Together in Harmony~Due November 30th
by sonic-nancy-fan Thu Nov 30, 2023 3:02 pm

Youtaites Unite!

+11
reizu
mopheke
Hanks Hill
caffeinateme
Akiinah
Yaon
Razzy
keroron
amekurukara
DefectRila
15 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Youtaites Unite! Empty Youtaites Unite!

Post by keroron Fri Jan 20, 2017 7:32 pm

Hello!!!  Happiness

I noticed that most of the threads on the forum are inactive, and since we're not supposed to start having chats in the introduction forum I figured I'd try to make a thread where new/current youtaites could come together to meet each other and create a little community if you're not part of one and/or are having trouble joining one or finding friends, and to help and support each other, and talk about being a youtaite in general! 

What sort of songs do you enjoy covering? What songs do you really want to cover? Have favourite utaite or youtaite? Things like that! I personally would really like to be able to really 'meet' and 'know' some current/new youtaites, so yeah!  Happy

I like to cover energetic songs! I prefer to sing in English, because I can't speak Japanese and would butcher the language...My favourite utaite would be Pokota and 3 songs I would really like to cover are Last of Me, Daze, and Cendrillon.

(P.S. Sorry in advance if I put this in the wrong category, it's related to youtaites so I figured it would go here?)
keroron
keroron

Singing Alias : Keroron Posts : 29

Back to top Go down

Youtaites Unite! Empty Re: Youtaites Unite!

Post by DefectRila Fri Jan 20, 2017 10:44 pm

Hello there!

I wouldn't say its necessarily in the wrong place since it follows within the description of the forum category.
(Even if it was wrong, i wouldn't have taken action since I have no idea what happened to management and its not harmful. So no need to apologize.)

I agree with the sad state of inactivity though. 
I can't really say I am a Youtaite since I don't really cover. I do sing though. I more of just loiter around and know a few musical people.
I'll still answer your questions though lol.

In terms of singing, I prefer something simple and catchy. Nothing too fast. Most likely something Pop, Ballad, or something of the like. It'd prob be faster to give examples. Maybe Calc, Ai Kotoba, Hello/Howareyou, Sekai Wa koi ni ochiteiru, Just be friends, Glow... etc etc.

In terms of covering, I do, but I don't. I can never get fired up recording. So I'll prob just continue to sing but not cover. When i'm faced with recording, I simply can't perform. Maybe it's the process.

My favorite Utaite would maybe be.... probably either Ritsuka, Topi, Lon or Wotamin? not sure.
For Youtaite, Prob Lefty Hand Cream and Kobasolo.

DefectRila
Shinra's Pet
Shinra's Pet

Back to top Go down

Post by keroron Sat Jan 21, 2017 9:40 am

Ah, I see-- thank you!!  Happy

Yeah, I was a loiterer of the Youtaite community a few years back because I was too shy to actually join, but now it seems like...quiet? Except for the big names. Like there are tons of new utaite around, but it's still rather inactive, so I thought it'd be nice to try to regroup and support each other and stuff! 

Ooh yeah Wotamin's probably my favourite female utaite! I don't think I'm well acquainted enough with the Youtaite community yet to pick a favourite, though I've heard of Lefty Hand Cream and Kobasolo before, I'm not well informed..
keroron
keroron

Back to top Go down

Post by amekurukara Sat Jan 21, 2017 10:13 am

Ayyyyy~

ikr damn its so inactive that its a little sad
tbh I love meeting and talking to youtaite and the community is really a lot of fun. I'm still kind of new but not really XD I've stalked a lot f youtits and utaite before but never really got into it myself until late 2015-ish

I dont really have a preference for songs I like to cover. tbh if I like the song and it isnt too hard for me then I give it a go. ^^;

96neko is forever my queen XD I havent really found a favourite youtaite yet but I do enjoy listening to new and unique voices. heck I might stalk you >.> I mean what XD

one thing I've been working on more recently is animating but differently from how we usually see stuff in the community

also also nice to meet you~! I hope we can be good friends! ^u^/
amekurukara
amekurukara

Singing Alias : Ame Valentine Posts : 18

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCkacoqLjkBOB0YInB1jpUXA

Back to top Go down

Post by keroron Sat Jan 21, 2017 12:17 pm

Nice to meet you!!! I hope so as well  Happy

Yeah, haha I'm just hoping that the active youtaites can come together. I'm still...really...new -- I needed a lot of psyching myself up before trying to join the community though I've been observing since around 2012-2013-ish

96neko is really amazing so I can definitely see why she is lol. She was a big part of me getting into utaites and youtaites and was one of the first utaites I discovered! I think third, after Clear and Tourai

Eheh~ I'm very new to the point that I haven't uploaded any covers yet, so please wait a little longer before trying to stalk me   Happiness

Ah, animation is very cool~ But differently from how we usually see? Ooh how do you mean?
keroron
keroron

Back to top Go down

Post by amekurukara Sat Jan 21, 2017 3:43 pm

Oh man I'm totally gonna stalk you after you upload then XD

AAAAAAAA I LOVE CLEAR! and Underbar is also one of my big inspirations for getting into youtaite stuff

If you're looking for people in the community to talk to then people are pretty active on Twitter. I've met most of my youtit friends through Twitter

XD different as in different from the same cookie cutter chorus animation you see a lot of. Any more details would spoil the surprise~ Razz
amekurukara
amekurukara

Back to top Go down

Post by keroron Sat Jan 21, 2017 5:06 pm

Haha okay, I'll do my best to upload something soon then!  Happiness When I'm all set up and ready I'll make sure to return the favour as well haha

Yeah, Clear's great! His cover of Meltdown was the first utaite song I heard and I was super impressed by his voice. Underbar's also cool!!

Ohh twitter, huh? That would explain why I thought the community was super dead haha I'll have to get twitter sometime then...

Oohh way to build up the suspense  Puppy Eyes I'll just have to wait to see then I guess!
keroron
keroron

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jan 21, 2017 6:53 pm

Hello~ I need more friends.(More like I need to make friends with every youtaite/utaite around the world -w-) 

I really enjoy covering songs from just about almost every genre. I usually sing in Japanese and English, but I could try covering in another language, but I don't want to butcher, haha. I have a whole list of songs on my Youtube that I really would love to cover  neko
I don't have a favorite utaite or Youtaite because everyone's voice is just so beautiful and amazing. But if I did have to pick a favorite for a youtaite, it would have to be Shizuo. If I had to pick a favorite utaite, I would say 96neko, Shoose, Mafumafu, and Soraru.

Back to top Go down

Post by Akiinah Wed Jan 25, 2017 10:33 pm

Hello everyone! Nice to meet you all!~
I just kinda stumbled on this post after like months and months of not coming on here and checking stuff, Hurhur-- but I saw the word 'utaite' and had to jump in somehow!  Happiness

Er... I have been on and off with the whole covering business... I've been around since like 2014 (not on this site but just on youtube and all that jazz) but I've never really bothered with getting to know other people until around spring of last year. Honestly, I would really like to get to know other youtaites and make friends and stuff. However, I'm a little weird and I'm not too confident in my socializing skills...it's a little scary when you talk to someone for the first time..

Ah-hem, in terms of songs I wanna cover though, I really wanna cover fast exciting songs! Like screamo! Or something like Nano's "Now or Never"! But unfortunately my voice doesn't match any of those songs so I've only been covering ballads and slower paced songs. (I have attempted fast songs once and it wasn't pretty //laughs). 

Ah, I totally agree, Shinkai! My favorite Utaites are definitely Mafumafu, Soraru, Clear, Amatsuki, and all those other guys (the list goes on and on tbh-- flashback to 'Circle of Friends'). The only girls I really listen to are trap singers like 96neko and Ikasan, though I haven't listened to them recently... 

Oh right, Keroron! Be sure to let me know when you upload! I wanna hear it too!~  sweet

In terms of Youtaite...Oh geez, where do I even begin...Everyone has their own unique styles of singing that it's really hard to choose just one of them...but I DID aspire to sing on youtube because of Yoru and Lollia (they're pretty much my super-sparkly-sempais that will probably never notice me haha). But urgh, choosing just one favorite Youtaite is hard!  Crying

Akiinah
Fresh off the Boat

Singing Alias : Akiinah Posts : 9

Back to top Go down

Post by keroron Thu Jan 26, 2017 2:38 pm

Hello~ nice to meet you both!! Happiness (Although, Shinkai, I've commented on your covers thread so we're kind of acquainted haha) 

Hey, same thing here! Both in that I want to meet and become friends with other youtaites and that I'm not confident in socializing at all (talking...is really tough. And my interests are all over the place haha holding conversations is hard). But I think everyone's a little bit weird on the inside, so I wouldn't worry about that! It took me, like, 5 years to even manage to drag myself onto this forum because I was too scared before 

Waaa that's some intense stuff right there, but ballads are really nice too! And fast songs are really hard...like Ura-omote Lovers...Sweat oh god, never again...  

Ooh, Ikasan-- her cover of Sugar Song and Bitter Step was so good  Crying

Sure thing!! I just got a new mic, so after my exams are over I'll get on it!  Happy  Ehehe, no promises about my singing ability though~
keroron
keroron

Back to top Go down

Post by Akiinah Fri Jan 27, 2017 11:15 am

Sighhh... I feel you with the whole holding conversations thing... I find that I jump around too much but haha, it's true that everyone is a little weird. It just takes a bit of confidence to OPEN UPPP more xD
(And then I silently regret it 10 seconds later...)

Fast songs are hard but they just sound so fun to sing!~ I mean-- by the end of the song they're all probably having an asthma attack but it just seems so fun and worth it in the end.  Happiness
Ah, I've never attempted Ura-omote Lovers... do I want to...? Hrm, Hrm...

I agree! They really were! If you've watched any of her live streams--mannn... Ikasan is sooooo good!!~~ Her high notes are on point! And her low notes are too!~ She's just amazingg~  sweet 

Good luck on your exams! You can do it!! xDDD
And whether you're a good singer or not, having fun is the most important part! Just do your best and enjoy yourself!

Akiinah
Fresh off the Boat

Back to top Go down

Post by keroron Fri Jan 27, 2017 4:16 pm

Yeah! (and oh god sometimes I regret it until I fall asleep haha)

Mmhmm, it's more energetic like that-- but I bet you could do it!

Ahh yeah, Ikasan is really good live too! 

Heheh thank you~!! I'm halfway there so far  Happiness

Yeah, you're right, sometimes I just can't help but diss myself haha~
keroron
keroron

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jan 27, 2017 4:32 pm

(Haha I know, just wanted to say Hello again) 
Crud I'm so shy, it's hard for me to talk to people xD
Ikasan is so *hits face on fridge* woooooooooooooooo! I agree she is amazing. Also, I forgot to say before I will stalk you as well, Keroron~ Good luck on your exams. Crud, my exams are in a few months ;;-;;

Back to top Go down

Post by Akiinah Sat Jan 28, 2017 1:00 pm

Oh geez, I do that too... regretting, then face palming, then hating myself for like two days. Haha. You kinda get used to the process after awhile but it doesn't really make you feel too great about yourself either...

Ura-omote Lovers, huh... I guess I'll try to attempt it-- failed. I failed. Nevermind. It was fun while it lasted.  Ha...ha...

Oh, Shinkai!!~ Hiii, it's okay, don't be shy~ I'm a little shy too but I'm more weird than shy so... since you're here, I almost forgot to tell you but I really like your voice! --not that I was stalking you or anything, I mean, I was stalking Kero-- er, what? 
But your shyness really comes off in your covers^^ reminds me of the good ole' days...

Lololol I diss myself allllll the time too! I look back to my old covers and all I think is "ewww..."

Akiinah
Fresh off the Boat

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jan 28, 2017 1:41 pm

Hello to you as well Akiinah~ Happiness 
I'll try not to be shy, lol (try). It's fine, it's better to be weird than normal(I'm very weird as well xD) 
If I found your channel, I would stalk you as well xD and thank you for the feedback~

Back to top Go down

Post by Razzy Sat Jan 28, 2017 7:48 pm

This board lives
Razzy
Razzy
Motor Mouth

My YTC Story

https://www.youtube.com/razzyness

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jan 28, 2017 8:33 pm

Hello Razzy, didn't know you were on here xD
I really need to check the member list.  FISH :D

Back to top Go down

Post by keroron Sun Jan 29, 2017 5:29 am

Oh yeah, I wasn't telling you not to, Shinkai, it's fine! We haven't really properly introduced ourselves to each other before anyway  Happy

But ahh okay-- I'll try to upload something soon! Thank you~!! Happiness Haha good luck on your future exams as well!

Yup, yup, Akiinah, I can probably remember mistakes I made years ago, I need to get over these things  Sweat

But no, no, no, yeah Ura-omote Lovers is hard, I think you need to practice for like weeks to do it haha.

Why is stalking becoming a common topic in this thread haha it's not even 'I listened to your covers' it's just 'I stalked you.'

Maybe instead of thinking "eww" you should think "look how much I've improved"? I don't know but I bet your old covers aren't "eww" anyway!

I'm not sure if this board is really "alive" again yet haha, but hey, there's a lot more active threads than a few weeks ago~
keroron
keroron

Back to top Go down

Post by Akiinah Sun Jan 29, 2017 10:11 am

Hurhur, you're doing great at the non-shyness, Shinkai! I believe in youuuu!!! Be confident in your weirdness! Er... actually I'm not sure that's the GREATEST advice ever, but yeah... do your best!  Happiness

Me as well though, I really have to get over my past mistakes. Gotta think of them as a learning experience! Yeah! xD

Ura-omote Lovers is the type of song that makes me want to give up within the first 30 seconds of listening to it. Hahaha. But yeah it'll probably take me a few weeks or maybe even months to learn... Sweat

Hey now, I listened to her cover too! I just... yknow, did some ninja moves along the way as a side job....Haha, I'm not sure if it's really 'stalking stalking' but like 'supportive stalking'...which is basically the same thing...

My 'look how much I've improved' is more aimed towards my art style rather than my singing voice, Haha. Buuuuttt I suppose I could start to try thinking more positively about my old hideous covers that make me cringe.  HEHEHE

Ah... suddenly... Did it get a little brighter in here or is it just me?
I totally just imagined Razzy coming into the room with his hands in the air as if he was praising the lord...

Akiinah
Fresh off the Boat

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jan 29, 2017 7:18 pm

ah okay, Keroron  Happiness and thank you Akiinah for the advice, even though embracing weirdness isn't the best, I believe in you as well xD and thank you Keroron for the luck~ I'm defiantly going to need it lol. 

I will listen to everyone's covers and subscribe~ I love supporting others and I think everyone is a great singer!

Back to top Go down

Post by amekurukara Wed Feb 01, 2017 3:24 pm

This thread LIVES! XD
Its so nice to meet new youtaite in the community~ I hope we can all be really good friends  Happiness
amekurukara
amekurukara

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Feb 01, 2017 7:41 pm

Yes  Shiny let's all be really good friends~ neko

Back to top Go down

Post by keroron Thu Feb 02, 2017 12:45 pm

No I believe that you listened to her cover, Akiinah! I was just commenting on the excessive use of the word "stalking" haha. It's nice to support each other  Happiness

Yeah, personally I like looking at my old art and comparing it more as well   Happy

Yup~ let's get along well! 

In any case, I just finished recording, so please stay tuned for when I finish mixing!
keroron
keroron

Back to top Go down

Post by Akiinah Fri Feb 03, 2017 10:10 pm

Yup, yup, there's something so satisfying about comparing old art to recent art. Almost like a feeling of accomplishment.

Whoa! Another worshipper of the lord has just appeared! Or... actually, you came in before me and I forgot to greet you...
Hi Ame~~! and a bit late but Hi Razzy~~! Happiness

Yeah! Let's all be best buddies who support each other like grass! Uhh.. or trees... or pillars... or bricks... 

(Oh lord, I'm so weird... sorry you guys... I understand completely if you disown me) 

Anyho, omg! Keroron has finished recording! You know what this means everyone... it's almost time for us to stalk support our buddy! Whoo!!~ The hype is real!~~  Shiny

Akiinah
Fresh off the Boat

Back to top Go down

Post by sonic-nancy-fan Fri Feb 17, 2017 4:53 pm

There are other people active on the forum? It's been a few weeks, but still, I'm not alone anymore XD. But in all seriousness, I've been keeping the monthly theme up and running for the past few months and it's usually just Catalyst and me that participate, so I figured not many people used the forum anymore. It's good to see more people~ (Also, if anyone wants to participate in the monthly theme, feel free.)

To answer the questions in the first post, I typically like to cover songs sung by guys since I have a low voice and Vocaloid songs are usually just too darn high. That means that I tend to cover otome game character songs. However, I really consider myself a trans-lyricist, so I don't cover things all that often. I do write a crap ton of lyrics though, and by that, I mean an unhealthy amount. I currently have over 30 lyrics I need to post but am to lazy to post Ha...ha....

Songs I really want to cover? I...can't actually think of any. Well, the songs I really want to cover are usually songs that have no instrumental so I can't cover them. Such is life Sweat . I counted the lyrics I wrote, and I've written approximately 206 sets of lyrics. I have a problem. HELP!?

Favorite utaite: 96Neko, Reol, and Glutamine. I don't really listen to a whole lot of utaite covers, or when I do, I look up one individual song instead of listening to a utaite's whole repertoire.

Favorite youtaite: I don't really have any. The same thing applies to youtaite as it does to utaite. I tend to only listen to youtaite English covers, and even then, I usually only listen to them if I already know the song. I do listen to my friend's covers, but I'd feel kind of odd putting friends in my list of favorite youtaite lol.

Also, Akiinah, in your post above, the word 'brick' had an automatic link to Homedepot selling bricks (before I was logged in), and it made by day. Just thought you should know.
sonic-nancy-fan
sonic-nancy-fan
Administrator

Singing Alias : Joker Posts : 679

Penny for your thoughts! Ai Kotoba II Words Tako Luka Maguro Fever Event Participant Box of Cheer ٩๏̯͡๏۶ Participant Megurine Luka 10-Year Celebration Participant Monthly Theme Participant (1/4) Monthly Theme Participant (2/4) Monthly Theme Participant (3/4) Monthly Theme Participant (4/4)

http://sonicnancyfan.blog.fc2.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next