NEWS
New layout by Shinra!
RaidCall for YTC and new badge!
Feedback Badges are our newest feature. Go check them out!
[QUESTIONS] Blind Duet 2015 ~ Ask your questions here!
POLLS
Share your thoughts with us!
Layout Feedback!

[OPEN] sai's mixing requests

View previous topic View next topic Go down

[OPEN] sai's mixing requests

Post by Guest on Sun Apr 03, 2016 12:02 pm

Hello! 
- So recently I've been wanting to advance my mixing skills but came across a huge issue - I have no voice to mix. 
I haven't gotten my mic as yet and finding people to mix for isn't as easy as it seems, in addition to the fact that I don't have examples to give out because I wasn't able to mix anyone. BUT I'm hoping to change that now. 

I'm sorry I can't give you examples, but I'm willing to mix for anyone and everyone. I'm not a master, a fetus at best to be perfectly honest, but I promise and hope you wont be disappointed! 

If you really want to hear anything I've done, I mixed a shortened off vocal version of Ohisama by Amesaki Annainin. (soundcloud.com/sayhmen/tracks)

guidelines and info--

• I //may// be able to do shortened off vocals of anime openings etc. but doing those may take a lot longer and so I will not be holding requests for them until I practice more with it specifically.
  • I will be taking no more than 3 requests at a time. //school is crazy for me right now but i'm still willing to do these//
  • I use FL Studio //i honestly like it better than Audition >.<// and recently bought SoundToys for effects. 
  • If you want your voice a specific way for a song //Please. Let. Me. Know. Beforehand.// I like knowing how you want it before I add any of my touches to it.
  • I //want// do to choruses BUT i'm not confident in it enough to take requests. If anything i'll TRY IT ONCE. If you take me, i'd rather you have me as a SUPPORTING MIXER. (by special request only)
  • I am open to duets, trios, and solos!
  • Please, please, please,please Please have a decent mic. Nothing is harder than mixing with a very low quality microphone.
  • Remember: if you send me raw, uncleaned vocals it will take longer to mix. So I ask that you clean your vocals of any background noise/mouse clicking before sending them in. Also if you have any harmonies etc. please send those in separately from the main vocals. c;
  • Along with the vocals, please include the off vocal. I noticed recently just how many vocaloid songs I don't know, so finding the off vocals myself will indeed take longer. 
  • .wav or .mp3 files are welcome!
  • credit would be awesome!
  • Please set a deadline for me! One request should take no more than 3 days. //depending on my school schedule// If a week goes by, don't be afraid to POKE me.

contact me

twitter: saimensa | skype: bokuroaka

Back to top Go down

Re: [OPEN] sai's mixing requests

Post by rainyskies13 on Sun Apr 03, 2016 12:35 pm

Hi~ :D

I recently did a part for a Glow chorus but I wanted to cover the song myself, so I did a second take to fill in the parts I didn't do the first time. They sound a little different and I'm too busy to mix myself, so I was wondering if you would like to try? Everything is timed and cleaned already Smile Feel free to delete the humming parts in the middle, I didn't realize it was still in there lol

file1: https://app.box.com/s/rtdbix0ogrfv627dkmxhce6ngh0mz333
file2: https://app.box.com/s/eutd0om8ialq454kew8dnnx58019c5o5
offvocal: https://app.box.com/s/jqabginaz55eq966b7a910hxt2pb1jf5
onvocal: https://app.box.com/s/8c1nxnugss1qvkfe1i91ou29le08uuy7

rainyskies13

Singing Alias : Rainy Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sun Apr 03, 2016 3:39 pm

rainyskies13 wrote:Hi~ :D

I recently did a part for a Glow chorus but I wanted to cover the song myself, so I did a second take to fill in the parts I didn't do the first time. They sound a little different and I'm too busy to mix myself, so I was wondering if you would like to try? Everything is timed and cleaned already Smile Feel free to delete the humming parts in the middle, I didn't realize it was still in there lol

Hey!! Thank you so much for your request. 
Ok for the mixdown, I did come across one issue. That being your vocals and the off vocal didn't match completely. (app.box.com/s/xz3u0fvnde033vpjqy4jda7tzz9hl8ye) < -- This is the unfinished ver. But I wanted your opinion on it just in case you didn't want me to use a specific effect on your voice. I did remove the adlibs because when I attempted to amplify them, the heavy guitar and instrumentals drowned it out COMPLETELY.

Back to top Go down

Post by rainyskies13 on Sun Apr 03, 2016 4:07 pm

I used and the one I gave might've been a little different lol You might need to re-time some of it to match, if that's okay. Also, I don't mind effects, maybe some reverb is okay but I do kinda wanna stick to the original sound if possible. Thanks for mixing!

rainyskies13

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Thu Apr 07, 2016 12:27 pm

@rainyskies13 Alright it's done! The harmonies are on lower octaves and I hope that's ok. I had tried the higher ones but it sounded a bit too squeaky. (https://app.box.com/s/4z7iqsxcfjxx0x5zo40y00op475x7pjk)

Back to top Go down

Post by rainyskies13 on Thu Apr 07, 2016 3:47 pm

fantome wrote:@rainyskies13 Alright it's done! The harmonies are on lower octaves and I hope that's ok. I had tried the higher ones but it sounded a bit too squeaky. (https://app.box.com/s/4z7iqsxcfjxx0x5zo40y00op475x7pjk)

wow o:! It sounds amazing <33 Thanks so much~ I didn't know you can make harmonies too x)

rainyskies13

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Thu Apr 07, 2016 5:50 pm

Yeah, haha. I'm glad you like it!

Back to top Go down

Post by Riyumi on Fri Apr 08, 2016 4:35 pm

Hello, 

If you're still taking requests, may I get Eternal Snow mixed? Also, I have no idea how to clean, so would you rather prefer I retook the last I love you (since that captured a lot of air?). As for the mixing, since I don't have harmos, perhaps some reverb on the Hold me tight/I love you won't hurt? Otherwise, I leave judgement calls to you >v<b

All the files you need ^^ 

DL: by the end of this month is fine~ (I can always extend as I'm in no hurry--but you asked for a DL so here you go!)

Riyumi
Motor Mouth

Singing Alias : Riyumi Female

I'm on the spice rack! Ai Kotoba II Chorus Blind Duets Judge Box of Cheer ٩๏̯͡๏۶ Participant YTC 2015 Blind Duet Participant

http://duckiii3.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 6:16 pm

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top