Youtube Chorus Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
NEWS
Working on updating the site and adding new features.
Join our Discord channel to talk about possible events and layout changes!
Latest topics
» fluffy's pudding stash- i mean covers.
by fluffyparuko Mon Mar 11, 2024 7:52 pm

» [MONTHLY THEME] February: Love in the Air~Due March 5th
by sonic-nancy-fan Sat Mar 02, 2024 6:03 pm

» Joker's Trans-lyrics
by sonic-nancy-fan Sat Mar 02, 2024 6:00 pm

» [MONTHLY THEME] March: Old Stuff~Due March 31st
by sonic-nancy-fan Sat Mar 02, 2024 5:08 pm

» ~Uniqflame Covers and Voice acting stuff~
by Uniqflame Thu Feb 22, 2024 3:08 pm

» [MONTHLY THEME] January: Bittersweet Chocolate~Due January 31st
by sonic-nancy-fan Tue Jan 30, 2024 11:46 am

» ✾ Faeri's Covers ✾
by FaeriMagic Tue Jan 16, 2024 8:22 pm

» [MONTHLY THEME] December: Snow Day~Due December 31st
by sonic-nancy-fan Sat Dec 30, 2023 9:10 pm

» [MONTHLY THEME] November: Together in Harmony~Due November 30th
by sonic-nancy-fan Thu Nov 30, 2023 3:02 pm

[COMPLETED] You from Higurashi no Naku Koro ni

5 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

[COMPLETED] You from Higurashi no Naku Koro ni - Page 2 Empty Re: [COMPLETED] You from Higurashi no Naku Koro ni

Post by Riyumi Sun Oct 25, 2015 9:32 pm

Of course!~ Glad they did ^^

I'm not Reizu, but as a fellow peer, I hope you don't mind constructive critique! (As I'd hope you or any of the others will do the same for me).

So without further adieu...I really loved the variations in your voice in volume and you have a unique voice style! I can't put my finger on what it's called, but it's a strong, mezzo type of voice. I can totally see you singing rock, ballads, acoustic, traditional, and heart-wrenching/moving songs. On another note, the pronunciation and timing has definitely improved from the first take! I can't tell you on point if it matches the on vocal precisely, but it sounds like it is. One pronunciation that stood out to me, though, was: ~1:23 "you ni surinukete." The pronunciation you have sounds more like surinu-geh-te instead of keh-te. It just comes off more as a g than a k sound for me. Other than that, great job! Reizu is the authentic Japanese master, so if anything, take all the stuff from him.

Also, yeah! Ochem is horrid, if you don't get it (which I currently don't). I'm starting to understand IR/Mass Spec/NMR and determining the final compounds, though, so it's starting to get just a little bit fun, but eeeh gen chem was much more exciting, in my opinion.
Riyumi
Riyumi
Motor Mouth

Singing Alias : Riyumi Posts : 680

I'm on the spice rack! Ai Kotoba II Chorus Blind Duets Judge Box of Cheer ٩๏̯͡๏۶ Participant YTC 2015 Blind Duet Participant Megurine Luka 10-Year Celebration Participant

http://duckiii3.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

[COMPLETED] You from Higurashi no Naku Koro ni - Page 2 Empty Re: [COMPLETED] You from Higurashi no Naku Koro ni

Post by reizu Sun Oct 25, 2015 10:54 pm

Hey guys!

It's done. Completed in 6 days. 

I'm very grateful for you joining and also recording lines so quickly. Not everything is about speed of course, but timeliness and being able to deliver a product (instead of leaving it in production hell) is something I value highly for a hobby like this.

I'm personally happy about the project, and it was a good learning experience for me. For technical aspects, I'm sure Riyumi is more adept at constructive suggestions than I am, so I'll just leave with simple things I liked instead:

1. The first and last "anata wa ima..." verse with everyone is beautiful
2. I think asking razra to double up with Iza-chan for Role 1 was a good move since vocal styles are similar
3. The "te wo nobashite.." with myself, Emi, and Riyumi. The "mature voice" trio lol or maybe "lower voice" trio is more appropriate. 
4. 1:45 part with everyone else is the prettiest sounding blend

Thanks. Hope you enjoyed it. Catch you all later.

Peace
reizu
reizu
Conversationalist

Singing Alias : reizu Posts : 156
I'm on the spice rack! Raidcall Train Participant YTC 2015 Blind Duet Participant

https://www.youtube.com/user/reizusanshiki/

Back to top Go down

Post by razra Tue Oct 27, 2015 6:18 pm

Riyumi wrote:Of course!~ Glad they did ^^

I'm not Reizu, but as a fellow peer, I hope you don't mind constructive critique! (As I'd hope you or any of the others will do the same for me).

So without further adieu...I really loved the variations in your voice in volume and you have a unique voice style! I can't put my finger on what it's called, but it's a strong, mezzo type of voice. I can totally see you singing rock, ballads, acoustic, traditional, and heart-wrenching/moving songs. On another note, the pronunciation and timing has definitely improved from the first take! I can't tell you on point if it matches the on vocal precisely, but it sounds like it is. One pronunciation that stood out to me, though, was: ~1:23 "you ni surinukete." The pronunciation you have sounds more like surinu-geh-te instead of keh-te. It just comes off more as a g than a k sound for me. Other than that, great job! Reizu is the authentic Japanese master, so if anything, take all the stuff from him.

Also, yeah! Ochem is horrid, if you don't get it (which I currently don't). I'm starting to understand IR/Mass Spec/NMR and determining the final compounds, though, so it's starting to get just a little bit fun, but eeeh gen chem was much more exciting, in my opinion.

Of course I don't mind! And sorry this reply is so late.... Life. Ugh. And I think you're talking to me? LOOOL I'm sorry I'm really tired it's been a super long day

Aww thanks! I've always thought my voice was really plain so <33 Ahh, cool cool I'll watch for that in the future Smile  Thank you!

Yeaaa, ochem never really made sense to me. IR/Mass spec/NMR was more interesting though, but ehh.. .All I remember is my friend starting a fire in the lab HA

By the way, we all sound awesome Smile Good work everyone! Yayyy~~ :D
razra
razra
Conversationalist

Singing Alias : razra Posts : 317

My YTC Story

https://www.youtube.com/user/razrae

Back to top Go down

Post by Riyumi Tue Oct 27, 2015 9:00 pm

@razra woops! Forgot to put the @ in front of that post, but, yes, that message was directed at you~ Don't worry about late replies either OvOb~ Life is important and these messages can wait ^^. 

Plain? Naah. Far from it. Keep up the great work! It's a pleasure to hear your voice/give constructive critique to hear you sing even more wonderfully *^*  (-cues melting into a puddle-)

AHAHA. I didn't think you could set fire in a lab xD  Our table are fireproof lol. But yeah--I'm quite worried for that class ^^;;

I concur! Great job everyone~
Riyumi
Riyumi
Motor Mouth

Singing Alias : Riyumi Posts : 680

I'm on the spice rack! Ai Kotoba II Chorus Blind Duets Judge Box of Cheer ٩๏̯͡๏۶ Participant YTC 2015 Blind Duet Participant Megurine Luka 10-Year Celebration Participant

http://duckiii3.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2