Youtube Chorus Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
NEWS
Working on updating the site and adding new features.
Join our Discord channel to talk about possible events and layout changes!
Latest topics
» fluffy's pudding stash- i mean covers.
by fluffyparuko Mon Mar 11, 2024 7:52 pm

» [MONTHLY THEME] February: Love in the Air~Due March 5th
by sonic-nancy-fan Sat Mar 02, 2024 6:03 pm

» Joker's Trans-lyrics
by sonic-nancy-fan Sat Mar 02, 2024 6:00 pm

» [MONTHLY THEME] March: Old Stuff~Due March 31st
by sonic-nancy-fan Sat Mar 02, 2024 5:08 pm

» ~Uniqflame Covers and Voice acting stuff~
by Uniqflame Thu Feb 22, 2024 3:08 pm

» [MONTHLY THEME] January: Bittersweet Chocolate~Due January 31st
by sonic-nancy-fan Tue Jan 30, 2024 11:46 am

» ✾ Faeri's Covers ✾
by FaeriMagic Tue Jan 16, 2024 8:22 pm

» [MONTHLY THEME] December: Snow Day~Due December 31st
by sonic-nancy-fan Sat Dec 30, 2023 9:10 pm

» [MONTHLY THEME] November: Together in Harmony~Due November 30th
by sonic-nancy-fan Thu Nov 30, 2023 3:02 pm

[MONTHLY THEME] August: THIEF!!! THIEF I SAY!! ~ Due August 31st!

+8
Aisuu aka RiEDe
Kumoshi
Sunnepho
misaaya
sonic-nancy-fan
niwa
Kimoicchi
Aerlith
12 posters

Go down

[MONTHLY THEME] August: THIEF!!! THIEF I SAY!! ~ Due August 31st! Empty [MONTHLY THEME] August: THIEF!!! THIEF I SAY!! ~ Due August 31st!

Post by Aerlith Sun Aug 02, 2015 9:25 am

Just a day late this time! And all caught up on awarding badges! Isn't this amazing? Anyway, without further ado, the theme this month is...

THIEF!!! THIEF I SAY!!

What? Why? Well...

Wikipedia wrote:About 700 BC [August] became the eighth month when January and February were added to the year before March by King Numa Pompilius, who also gave it 29 days. Julius Caesar added two days when he created the Julian calendar in 45 BC giving it its modern length of 31 days. In 8 BC it was renamed in honor of Augustus (despite common belief, he did not take a day from February).

Even if it is actually not true, it is still an amusing story and therefore... our theme for this month!

Guidelines

• Your entry must be done in the month of August to be accepted. Please plan accordingly. 
  • This should be obvious, but for this theme, even if the theme is related to thievery, do NOT take someone else's work (ex. cover, art, etc). and credit it as yours! Your entry will not count and you will have to start over for the monthly themes. No exceptions!
  • Your piece of work does not need to be vocaloid-related.
  • If you are covering a song, it should be at least 1:30 minutes long. If the song you are covering is not that long and it is the full song, please let Aerlith/Kagi know in advance. If the full song is over 1:30 and you are just covering part of it, it still needs to be at least 1:30 or it will not be accepted. 
  • If you wish to write translyrics, please write translyrics for the whole song. 
  • If you are doing art, please do at least half-body! A background is preferable, but if you can't do that, that is fine, too. 
  • If you are doing a written piece, as long as it has to do with the themes mentioned above, it will be fine.

Not sure what to do?

• Get a group of people to do Phantom Thief F's Scenario! Perfection is not needed!
  • Or.. a partner to do Phantom Thieves Peter and Jenny?
  • Alternatively... Phantom Thief Chatnoir? :D (So many Phantom Thief songs!
  • Any song from Disney's Aladdin. Bonus points if you do One Jump Away.
  • Your OC as a thief!

Please post your entries in this thread. Use this nifty form below!

Code:
[b]Name:[/b]
[b]Twitter account:[/b] (If you have one, we'll be retweeting your covers on Twitter @YTCForums)
[b]Link to your entry:[/b] (If you have a portfolio, you can upload it to your portfolio (ex. in Share Your Work) and then LINK to the post with the entry.)
[b]Name of your entry:[/b] (Please put the title the way you are UPLOADING the song. ex. 「HYBRID」❉【Aerlith】
[b]How does this entry fit the theme?:[/b] Please write at least 1-2 sentences about how your entry fits the theme.

Entries will only be accepted if you post them to the thread. Please do not post a video on your portfolio or upload it onto your channel and expect us to just know that it is your entry for the monthly theme. You must also make a post about it in this thread linking to your entry.

We hope you enjoy this monthly theme! If you would like more information on how the monthly themes work, you can go here. If you are not sure whether or not your entry will fit, feel free to ask! Smile

Congratulations to ChocolaCola, Kyraeth, Love(`・ω・´), and Sunnepho for earning the three-month badge! misaaya for earning the six-month badge! Lys for nine months! Annnnnnnnnd last but not least, to our one-year winners, Kimoicchi and Ice Elf!! :D Great job, everyone! And for everyone else, don't forget! The monthly theme badges are consecutive, so if you participate for one month, miss a month, then join another month, you will only have one month under your belt!

Entries

None yet!
Aerlith
Aerlith
Forever messing with staff.
Forever messing with staff.

Singing Alias : Aerlith Posts : 1976
I'm on the spice rack! Raidcall Train Participant Ai Kotoba II Chorus Ai Kotoba II Words Blind Duets Judge SMILING Participant Tako Luka Maguro Fever Event Participant Box of Cheer ٩๏̯͡๏۶ Participant Megurine Luka 10-Year Celebration Participant Monthly Theme Participant (1/4) Monthly Theme Participant (2/4) Monthly Theme Participant (3/4) Monthly Theme Participant (4/4)

https://www.youtube.com/user/xAerlith

Back to top Go down

[MONTHLY THEME] August: THIEF!!! THIEF I SAY!! ~ Due August 31st! Empty Re: [MONTHLY THEME] August: THIEF!!! THIEF I SAY!! ~ Due August 31st!

Post by Kimoicchi Tue Aug 04, 2015 12:25 am

Name: Kimoi
Twitter account: Kimoicchi
Link to your entry: Deviantart
Name of your entry: [YTC August Theme = THIEF!] Magic Kaito cosplay
How does this entry fit the theme?: Because Kaito Kid is a Phantom Thief! Kimoi cosplays the white-clothed phantom thief who steals precious jewels by night! I watched Magic Kaito 1412 recently because of the opening's popularity, and loved it. Kaito v.s. Conan episodes were the coolest reliving of my childhood.
Kimoicchi
Kimoicchi
Talkative

Singing Alias : キモイ Posts : 435

I'm on the spice rack! Ai Kotoba II Chorus Ai Kotoba II Words Blind Duets Participant YTC 2015 Blind Duet Participant Monthly Theme Participant (1/4) Monthly Theme Participant (2/4) Monthly Theme Participant (3/4) Monthly Theme Participant (4/4)

http://kimoicchi@deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

[MONTHLY THEME] August: THIEF!!! THIEF I SAY!! ~ Due August 31st! Empty Re: [MONTHLY THEME] August: THIEF!!! THIEF I SAY!! ~ Due August 31st!

Post by niwa Tue Aug 04, 2015 4:04 pm

Name: niwa
Twitter account: @niwa_aan 
Link to your entry: One Jump Ahead! - just klick here for Youtube - | Portfolio
Name of your entry: ❁『One Jump Ahead!』 Cover 【niwa】
How does this entry fit the theme?: Well... I just sang my favorite Disney song, One Jump Ahead! from Aladdin, since I wanted to do this ages ago. Since it was the first thing that came into my mind - next to Kaito KID (sorry, Aladdin was there first, still I love you, too~) - I decided to cover it~ :3~
(Yaay~ my first thing to post in here~ So excited! :3~)
niwa
niwa

Singing Alias : niwa Posts : 28
Monthly Theme Participant (1/4) Monthly Theme Participant (2/4) Monthly Theme Participant (3/4)

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCnN6fO0YiSEqCkt25vcLBzg

Back to top Go down

Post by sonic-nancy-fan Thu Aug 20, 2015 4:01 pm

Name: Joker {sonic-nancy-fan}
Link to your entry: https://ytchorus.forumotion.com/t5551p90-joker-s-trans-lyrics#284358
Name of your entry: My Copycat~Orange Caramel
How does this entry fit the theme?: Well, being a thief means you are stealing and you can steal somebody's work by copying it and this song is about copying people so it roundabout-ly is stealing. I actually started these lyrics last October but never finished them...maybe I should have done these lyrics for last month's entry.XD
sonic-nancy-fan
sonic-nancy-fan
Administrator

Singing Alias : Joker Posts : 679

Penny for your thoughts! Ai Kotoba II Words Tako Luka Maguro Fever Event Participant Box of Cheer ٩๏̯͡๏۶ Participant Megurine Luka 10-Year Celebration Participant Monthly Theme Participant (1/4) Monthly Theme Participant (2/4) Monthly Theme Participant (3/4) Monthly Theme Participant (4/4)

http://sonicnancyfan.blog.fc2.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by misaaya Thu Aug 20, 2015 4:29 pm

Name: misaaya
Twitter account: @misaayaaaa
Link to your entry: https://soundcloud.com/misaayaaaa/lionhearted-porter-robinson-cover
Name of your entry:【☼】Lionhearted 【Porter Robinson Cover】
How does this entry fit the theme?: song talks about someone being robbed from but they continue to fight even if they try anything against them.
misaaya
misaaya
Conversationalist

Singing Alias : misaaya Posts : 157

YTC 2015 Blind Duet Participant Monthly Theme Participant (1/4) Monthly Theme Participant (2/4) Monthly Theme Participant (3/4) Monthly Theme Participant (4/4)

https://www.youtube.com/user/Misaaya1

Back to top Go down

Post by Sunnepho Sat Aug 22, 2015 8:12 am

Name: Sunne
Twitter account: @Sunnepho
Link to your entry: Top of portfolio!
Name of your entry: 【Sunne】I (Love) - I(愛) 【Lazy Short Cover】
How does this entry fit the theme?: I didn't do the second verse, but the song is still over 3min long, aha... In this answer song to Lie, GUMI knows that Luka still has feelings for her and vows not to let KAITO steal her.
Sunnepho
Sunnepho
Conversationalist

Singing Alias : 橙 (tou) Posts : 191

Monthly Theme Participant (1/4) Monthly Theme Participant (2/4) Monthly Theme Participant (3/4) Monthly Theme Participant (4/4)

https://www.youtube.com/user/sunnepho

Back to top Go down

Post by Kumoshi Tue Aug 25, 2015 11:03 pm

Name: Kumoshi (and technically also Kato, but she doesn't have an account here)
Twitter account: @kumoshiete
Link to your entry: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O1UsdHq8iRw
Name of your entry: 【加藤×Kumoshi】Migikata no Chou (右肩の蝶)【歌ってみた】 
How does this entry fit the theme?: The song talks about a person who is left broken-hearted and pining away for someone they had a fling with, so I interpreted it to mean a stolen heart or kisses.
Kumoshi
Kumoshi
Motor Mouth

Singing Alias : Kumoshi Posts : 1014

I'm on the spice rack! Ai Kotoba II Words Blind Duets Participant SMILING Participant Box of Cheer ٩๏̯͡๏۶ Participant YTC 2015 Blind Duet Participant Monthly Theme Participant (1/4) Monthly Theme Participant (2/4) Monthly Theme Participant (3/4) Monthly Theme Participant (4/4)

https://www.youtube.com/user/kaisoumizu

Back to top Go down

Post by Aisuu aka RiEDe Fri Aug 28, 2015 8:48 am

Name: Ai-suu
Twitter account: @AisuuIceElf
Link to your entry: FREE LITERATURE FOR EVERYBODY
Name of your entry: The Life of A Thief - A brief look into Crescia
How does this entry fit the theme?: basically the life of a thief who is Crescia, one of my favourite OCs who comes from an impoverished city where crime is everywhere and thievery is like, the most popular option for a career
Aisuu aka RiEDe
Aisuu aka RiEDe
Motor Mouth

Singing Alias : Aisuu Posts : 772

Penny for your thoughts! Just my two cents. I'm on the spice rack! Tako Luka Maguro Fever Event Participant Box of Cheer ٩๏̯͡๏۶ Participant YTC 2015 Blind Duet Participant Monthly Theme Participant (1/4) Monthly Theme Participant (2/4) Monthly Theme Participant (3/4) Monthly Theme Participant (4/4)

https://www.youtube.com/user/IceElfPrincess

Back to top Go down

Post by Kyraeth Mon Aug 31, 2015 8:53 am

Name: Kyraeth
Twitter account: @kyraeth
Link to your entry: https://ytchorus.forumotion.com/t6627p15-kyra-s-art#284432
Name of your entry: Discovery
How does this entry fit the theme?: A thief who sneaks into a medieval castle and finds a treasure chest. Would she gain the riches of her dreams, or is something more sinister waiting for her inside...?
Kyraeth
Kyraeth

Singing Alias : Kyra Posts : 48

Monthly Theme Participant (1/4)

Back to top Go down

Post by ikikurface Mon Aug 31, 2015 4:16 pm

Name: ikikur
Twitter account: @ikikurface
Link to your entry: Herpa Derppa
Name of your entry: Thief
How does this entry fit the theme?: Well, my OC has been stealing stuff lately, not just from my house, but from my home plant. He wears a mask and has a satchel full of stolen bananas, but little does he know that everyone knows who he is because of his bright blue hair. No one seems to care... It's not safe for bananas anymore... Hide yo bananas cause there is a thief running amok! 
ikikurface
ikikurface
Conversationalist

Singing Alias : Ikikur Posts : 183

I'm on the spice rack! YTC 2015 Blind Duet Participant

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCnuVgPc88lgPzY-_6L1YMvg

Back to top Go down

Post by Lys Mon Aug 31, 2015 8:32 pm

Name: Lys
Twitter account: No sharing this time xP
Link to your entry: https://app.box.com/s/thld99jfgvyhku73jtivvyia2o8qotom
Name of your entry: 【Lys】 Night time Thief
How does this entry fit the theme?: I wrote a little story (not very well written) about a thief based on this Love Live picture: https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/1b/5d/6d/1b5d6d70e92fb80a579f712df54b5201.jpg
It's about a thief so it fits with the theme Razz
Lys
Lys
Talking Fruit/Vegetable

Singing Alias : Lys Posts : 52

I'm on the spice rack! Tako Luka Maguro Fever Event Participant Monthly Theme Participant (1/4) Monthly Theme Participant (2/4) Monthly Theme Participant (3/4) Monthly Theme Participant (4/4)

https://www.youtube.com/user/Razzlyify

Back to top Go down

Post by shortcake-kun Mon Aug 31, 2015 8:33 pm

Name: shortcake
Twitter account: @shortycakeYT
Link to your entry: phantom thief shorty huhuhu
Name of your entry: 【shortcake】 Feelings Thief [short//dead throat ver.]
How does this entry fit the theme?: Thief #1 (aka Ikemen Gumi) has developed feelings for Sophie Morgan, and is trying to "steal" her emotions so that his love for her will be reciprocated. In a way, this is sort of an unrequited love taken to extreme measures. (Most of this is metaphorical I hope, because it's not nice to kidnap people.)

☆☆☆
shortcake-kun
shortcake-kun
Administrator

Singing Alias : shorty Posts : 76

I'm on the spice rack! Monthly Theme Participant (1/4)

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down