Youtube Chorus Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
NEWS
Working on updating the site and adding new features.
Join our Discord channel to talk about possible events and layout changes!
Latest topics
» fluffy's pudding stash- i mean covers.
by fluffyparuko Mon Mar 11, 2024 7:52 pm

» [MONTHLY THEME] February: Love in the Air~Due March 5th
by sonic-nancy-fan Sat Mar 02, 2024 6:03 pm

» Joker's Trans-lyrics
by sonic-nancy-fan Sat Mar 02, 2024 6:00 pm

» [MONTHLY THEME] March: Old Stuff~Due March 31st
by sonic-nancy-fan Sat Mar 02, 2024 5:08 pm

» ~Uniqflame Covers and Voice acting stuff~
by Uniqflame Thu Feb 22, 2024 3:08 pm

» [MONTHLY THEME] January: Bittersweet Chocolate~Due January 31st
by sonic-nancy-fan Tue Jan 30, 2024 11:46 am

» ✾ Faeri's Covers ✾
by FaeriMagic Tue Jan 16, 2024 8:22 pm

» [MONTHLY THEME] December: Snow Day~Due December 31st
by sonic-nancy-fan Sat Dec 30, 2023 9:10 pm

» [MONTHLY THEME] November: Together in Harmony~Due November 30th
by sonic-nancy-fan Thu Nov 30, 2023 3:02 pm

Help with my first cover?

Go down

Help with my first cover?  Empty Help with my first cover?

Post by Guest Thu Mar 26, 2015 1:27 am

Well, you see, I want to record Reboot (Ham's english version), because I like the song (duh) and I want to actually try to become an utaite. HOWEVER there is an issue (multiple issues).

1. My mic isn't 100% awesome (more like 20%). It's just overall pretty sucky. I'm currently saving up for a new mic (I work with UTAU as well, so this isn't even an issue.) Oh wait, what IS the issue is I need some advice on how to mix a cover so that my voice doesn't sound terrible.

2. I think Reboot might be a bit out of my range. This makes me feel sad. But it might be. So I also need you guys to hopefully tell me if it sounds terrible up that high.

So go type in the address for media fire, and then add that stuff beneath this line.

/?ff0dafob2ffff6u< that is my wip (please remove the spaces)

So, advice, opinions, whatever. I really need to learn stuff. And don't worry. I may be a new member but I'm not a virus.

Back to top Go down

Help with my first cover?  Empty Re: Help with my first cover?

Post by Catalyst Thu Mar 26, 2015 9:50 pm

Ohhh I think it sounds nice! You are pretty good with pitch, so even you said it's a bit out of range on the high notes, overall it still sounds nice!

As for the mixing, I think you could bring down the vocal volume a bit to avoid peaking, especially the very first verse by Luka & the chorus parts.Then, try adding some reverb to both main and harmony, it'll make it sound less dry.
I usually add some EQ and compressor as well, but I'm no expert on them, I just mess with the options until they sound decent. There are probably someone else on this forum who could tell you a bit more on those *^*
At the very last, I use iZotope plugin for mastering, again just select general presets to make it more crisp. (although, if you think your mic isn't clear, I'd avoid making the vocals too sharp. It might boost the noises and fill it with static)
Catalyst
Catalyst
Talkative

Singing Alias : Catalyst Posts : 374

SMILING Participant YTC 2015 Blind Duet Participant Monthly Theme Participant (1/4) Monthly Theme Participant (2/4)

https://www.youtube.com/user/TentaikansokuP

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Mar 27, 2015 1:17 am

Catalyst wrote:Ohhh I think it sounds nice! You are pretty good with pitch, so even you said it's a bit out of range on the high notes, overall it still sounds nice!

As for the mixing, I think you could bring down the vocal volume a bit to avoid peaking, especially the very first verse by Luka & the chorus parts.Then, try adding some reverb to both main and harmony, it'll make it sound less dry.
I usually add some EQ and compressor as well, but I'm no expert on them, I just mess with the options until they sound decent. There are probably someone else on this forum who could tell you a bit more on those *^*
At the very last, I use iZotope plugin for mastering, again just select general presets to make it more crisp. (although, if you think your mic isn't clear, I'd avoid making the vocals too sharp. It might boost the noises and fill it with static)
 Thanks so much! I'll be sure to take these tips into account.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down