Youtube Chorus Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
NEWS
Working on updating the site and adding new features.
Join our Discord channel to talk about possible events and layout changes!
Latest topics
» fluffy's pudding stash- i mean covers.
by fluffyparuko Mon Mar 11, 2024 7:52 pm

» [MONTHLY THEME] February: Love in the Air~Due March 5th
by sonic-nancy-fan Sat Mar 02, 2024 6:03 pm

» Joker's Trans-lyrics
by sonic-nancy-fan Sat Mar 02, 2024 6:00 pm

» [MONTHLY THEME] March: Old Stuff~Due March 31st
by sonic-nancy-fan Sat Mar 02, 2024 5:08 pm

» ~Uniqflame Covers and Voice acting stuff~
by Uniqflame Thu Feb 22, 2024 3:08 pm

» [MONTHLY THEME] January: Bittersweet Chocolate~Due January 31st
by sonic-nancy-fan Tue Jan 30, 2024 11:46 am

» ✾ Faeri's Covers ✾
by FaeriMagic Tue Jan 16, 2024 8:22 pm

» [MONTHLY THEME] December: Snow Day~Due December 31st
by sonic-nancy-fan Sat Dec 30, 2023 9:10 pm

» [MONTHLY THEME] November: Together in Harmony~Due November 30th
by sonic-nancy-fan Thu Nov 30, 2023 3:02 pm

[MONTHLY THEME] March: Parades ~ Due March 31!

+13
raisssssu
Jude-ith
Kimoicchi
Aeon
MitaChan
Alroetsue
SAE
Legender
Onion
sonic-nancy-fan
mie.
Shinra
Aerlith
17 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

[MONTHLY THEME] March: Parades ~ Due March 31! Empty [MONTHLY THEME] March: Parades ~ Due March 31!

Post by Aerlith Sat Mar 01, 2014 12:05 am

March is the month of rain and spring and luck, but for this monthly theme, let's do..

Parades

Because March -> march music -> parades! Ahaha. Yep. Pick a song that sounds like march/parade music. If you are unsure of what woul work as "march/parade" music, check out Wikipedia's definition:
Wikipedia wrote:A march, as a musical genre, is a piece of music with a strong regular rhythm which in origin was expressly written for marching to and most frequently performed by a military band.

Please note that the music itself does not have to sound like a march. It can also be a march- or parade-themed song! For the purposes of this theme, the definition of what would be parade or march music will be very broad.

Guidelines

• Your entry must be done in the month of March to be accepted.
  • You can sing in any language.
  • Your piece of work does not need to be vocaloid-related.
  • If you are covering a song, it should be at least 1:30 minutes long.
  • If you wish to write translyrics, please write translyrics for the whole song.
  • If you are doing art, please do at least half-body! A background is preferable, but if you can't do that, that is fine, too.
  • In one or two sentences, please explain how your entry fits the theme.

Not sure what to do?

Please post your entries in this thread. Include the title of the piece that you have done. If you have a portfolio, you can upload it to your portfolio (ex. in Share Your Work) and then LINK to the post with the entry. However, entries will only be accepted if you post them to the thread. Please do not post a video on your portfolio and expect us to just know that it is your entry for the monthly theme. You must also make a post about it in this thread linking to your entry.

We hope you enjoy this monthly theme! If you would like more information on how the monthly themes work, you can go here. If you are not sure whether or not your entry will fit, feel free to ask! Smile

Entries
sonic-nancy-fan: End of the Journey, Laments of the Sky (Translyrics)
Aeon - Sweets Parade (Cover)
Kimoicchi - Doremifa Rondo March Event (Cover)
SAE - Te Yutte (Cover)
Jude-ith - My Neighbor Totoro ~ Stroll (Cover)
raisssssu - Karakuri Pierrot (short/acoustic) (Cover)
Selpon - Happy Synthesizer FILIPINO VER (Cover)
misaaya - 嘘つきのパレード March Event 【misaaya】 (Cover)
Aerlith - Garakuta Parade (Cover)
Sugarlat - Myself as a Drum Major (Art)
TamagoFish - Toeto [English Cover] (Cover)

Last edited by Aerlith on Tue Apr 01, 2014 12:08 am; edited 9 times in total
Aerlith
Aerlith
Forever messing with staff.

Singing Alias : Aerlith Posts : 1976
I'm on the spice rack! Raidcall Train Participant Ai Kotoba II Chorus Ai Kotoba II Words Blind Duets Judge SMILING Participant Tako Luka Maguro Fever Event Participant Box of Cheer ٩๏̯͡๏۶ Participant Megurine Luka 10-Year Celebration Participant Monthly Theme Participant (1/4) Monthly Theme Participant (2/4) Monthly Theme Participant (3/4) Monthly Theme Participant (4/4)

https://www.youtube.com/user/xAerlith

Back to top Go down

[MONTHLY THEME] March: Parades ~ Due March 31! Empty Re: [MONTHLY THEME] March: Parades ~ Due March 31!

Post by Shinra Sat Mar 01, 2014 12:08 am

YOU JUST SUPER GOT AWAY WITH USING A PUN.

Such a weird prompt but I want to give this a shot xD
Shinra
Shinra
The Elusive Fox
The Elusive Fox

Singing Alias : Shinra Posts : 134

I'm on the spice rack! Ai Kotoba II Chorus Ai Kotoba II Words Blind Duets Judge Tako Luka Maguro Fever Event Participant Monthly Theme Participant (1/4)

https://www.youtube.com/tokalaangel

Back to top Go down

[MONTHLY THEME] March: Parades ~ Due March 31! Empty Re: [MONTHLY THEME] March: Parades ~ Due March 31!

Post by mie. Sat Mar 01, 2014 9:04 am

waaa i'm definitely participating~~
mie.
mie.
Talkative

Singing Alias : mie Posts : 583

Banner Decorator * 1

https://www.youtube.com/user/mieyyn

Back to top Go down

Post by sonic-nancy-fan Sat Mar 01, 2014 9:13 am

Quick question, can the song sound/have a circus/carnival feel to it since parades and such are common at carnivals/circuses and often sound similar to marches/parades?
sonic-nancy-fan
sonic-nancy-fan
Administrator

Singing Alias : Joker Posts : 679

Penny for your thoughts! Ai Kotoba II Words Tako Luka Maguro Fever Event Participant Box of Cheer ٩๏̯͡๏۶ Participant Megurine Luka 10-Year Celebration Participant Monthly Theme Participant (1/4) Monthly Theme Participant (2/4) Monthly Theme Participant (3/4) Monthly Theme Participant (4/4)

http://sonicnancyfan.blog.fc2.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Aerlith Sat Mar 01, 2014 10:06 am

If you can justify it and make it fit into the theme, that's fine with me. xD I added an extra thing this time where you have to explain how your song fits the theme.
Aerlith
Aerlith

I'm on the spice rack! Raidcall Train Participant Ai Kotoba II Chorus Ai Kotoba II Words Blind Duets Judge SMILING Participant Tako Luka Maguro Fever Event Participant Box of Cheer ٩๏̯͡๏۶ Participant Megurine Luka 10-Year Celebration Participant Monthly Theme Participant (1/4) Monthly Theme Participant (2/4) Monthly Theme Participant (3/4) Monthly Theme Participant (4/4)

Back to top Go down

Post by Onion Sun Mar 02, 2014 11:51 am

inb4 thousands of Rondo covers
Onion
Onion
*~Sparkling Mixer~*

Singing Alias : Onion Posts : 4112

I'm on the spice rack! Dango Daikazoku Chorus Dango Chorus Illustration My YTC Story Blind Duets Participant Megurine Luka 10-Year Celebration Participant

https://www.youtube.com/user/SeirenOnion

Back to top Go down

Post by Legender Mon Mar 03, 2014 10:50 am

Onion wrote:
inb4 thousands of Rondo covers

oh no I was actually going to

Well, not use my Rondo cover, because I started that beforehand. BUT I WAS GOING TO DO ART FOR IT and I haven't started it yet
Legender
Legender
Breathing is overrated.

Singing Alias : Gender Posts : 440

Ai Kotoba II Chorus Ai Kotoba II Words Blind Duets Participant SMILING Participant

http://wolfehmaster.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by SAE Wed Mar 05, 2014 5:46 am

I think I'll participate this time xD
SAE
SAE
Talking Fruit/Vegetable

Singing Alias : SAE Posts : 104

Blind Duets Participant YTC 2015 Blind Duet Participant

https://www.youtube.com/user/sammielove20

Back to top Go down

Post by Alroetsue Fri Mar 07, 2014 5:47 pm

Looks like a lot of fun. I'll try and get something submitted sometime after I can post URLs.
Alroetsue
Alroetsue
Talking Fruit/Vegetable

Singing Alias : Alroetsue Posts : 59

Raidcall Train Participant Tako Luka Maguro Fever Event Participant

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCwJ7MIHz63jcvRXp7mROy6g

Back to top Go down

Post by MitaChan Sat Mar 08, 2014 5:20 am

hey does count as a marching song? 
MitaChan
MitaChan

Singing Alias : Mita~Chan Posts : 26

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCrANYDk2QyLdnqJPUmP585A

Back to top Go down

Post by Aerlith Sat Mar 08, 2014 10:06 am

Hmm.. how would you justify it? ^^
Aerlith
Aerlith

Back to top Go down

Post by sonic-nancy-fan Sat Mar 08, 2014 11:33 am

Here's my entry:
End of the Journey, Laments of the Sky

The song I chose, 'End of the Journey, Laments of the Sky', fits the theme because the music sound similar to that of a gypsy round that would be heard at a carnival, which sounds similar to a march to me. Plus, the lyrics are telling the tale of a guy traveling around and marching is a means of traveling around so....literally, the song matches I guess.XD
sonic-nancy-fan
sonic-nancy-fan
Administrator

Singing Alias : Joker Posts : 679

Penny for your thoughts! Ai Kotoba II Words Tako Luka Maguro Fever Event Participant Box of Cheer ٩๏̯͡๏۶ Participant Megurine Luka 10-Year Celebration Participant Monthly Theme Participant (1/4) Monthly Theme Participant (2/4) Monthly Theme Participant (3/4) Monthly Theme Participant (4/4)

http://sonicnancyfan.blog.fc2.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Aeon Sat Mar 08, 2014 1:23 pm

:D

Does Sweets Parade count?
It has Parade in the title. I think that really is the only connection.
I didn't draw it that way because it'd be a pain to do that (and I dont quite want to put feet on them.) , but cant you just imagine a line of sweet goodies marching towards you?  sweet 

this isnt a very serious entry at all.
it's not quite 1:30, but.. missing 4-5 seconds?
Aeon is just kinda bored and procrastinating so I half expect this to not even get accepted >_>

Aeon
Aeon
Hyperactive SUGAR HIGH

Singing Alias : aeon Posts : 1683

I'm on the spice rack! Ai Kotoba II Chorus Ai Kotoba II Words Blind Duets Participant SMILING Participant Tako Luka Maguro Fever Event Participant Box of Cheer ٩๏̯͡๏۶ Participant YTC 2015 Blind Duet Participant Monthly Theme Participant (1/4)

Back to top Go down

Post by Aerlith Sat Mar 08, 2014 3:40 pm

@Aeon: yep, it would count. Has parade in the title xD The missing few seconds will be acceptable since you did the art yourself, too.
Aerlith
Aerlith

Back to top Go down

Post by Kimoicchi Mon Mar 10, 2014 9:22 am

submission swaggg

Reason I chose this song: DoReMiFa Rondo's introduction contains a snare drum typical of a march, as 40m-P creates a collective song containing references to his past songs and events in his real life as Miku continues to march endlessly throughout the video. I've always loved 40m's songs and wish him happiness in his life with his wife and his then-newborn child. It truly evokes the feeling of spring and the determination to keep moving forward.

Last edited by Kimoicchi on Mon Mar 10, 2014 5:07 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Aerlith-mama demands it, I grant her thy wish)
Kimoicchi
Kimoicchi
Talkative

Singing Alias : キモイ Posts : 435

I'm on the spice rack! Ai Kotoba II Chorus Ai Kotoba II Words Blind Duets Participant YTC 2015 Blind Duet Participant Monthly Theme Participant (1/4) Monthly Theme Participant (2/4) Monthly Theme Participant (3/4) Monthly Theme Participant (4/4)

http://kimoicchi@deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Aerlith Mon Mar 10, 2014 10:19 am

Please add this part in~:
Monthly Theme Guidelines wrote:In one or two sentences, please explain how your entry fits the theme.
Aerlith
Aerlith

Back to top Go down

Post by SAE Thu Mar 20, 2014 1:41 am

OwO my entry : TeYutte<3
How does this fit the theme?: The background music to this song reminds me of a marching band, which brings on the ambiance of a march. Not only does this song have a range of classical instruments played, the beat of the song was a strong and repeating one (which is part of the definition of a march xD). Plus the song was cute ; A;
SAE
SAE
Talking Fruit/Vegetable

Singing Alias : SAE Posts : 104

Blind Duets Participant YTC 2015 Blind Duet Participant

https://www.youtube.com/user/sammielove20

Back to top Go down

Post by Jude-ith Sat Mar 22, 2014 6:01 pm

Entry: My Neighbor Totoro- Stoll
How I justify it: In the beginning of the movie Mei, the little white spirit, a soot sprite, and some other tiny creatures are seen walking as the music plays. Kinda like how people march in parades while music is played by marching bands.
-^w^-

Jude-ith
Conversationalist

Singing Alias : JudeithK Posts : 153

I'm on the spice rack! Tako Luka Maguro Fever Event Participant

Back to top Go down

Post by Aerlith Sat Mar 22, 2014 7:04 pm

Oh my gosh, Totoro!! xD And that song!

Great entries so far, everyone!
Aerlith
Aerlith

Back to top Go down

Post by raisssssu Wed Mar 26, 2014 8:15 pm

Entry: Karakuri Pierrot
Reason for choosing this song: I'm honestly don't really know if this song fits the "march" theme well |'D. The original arrange of this song was a bit more "march"-ish being 40mP and all, but the acoustic arrange I choose to use has march-like elements such as the snare drum and the steady repeating rhythms. The song overall is about rejection and sometimes getting over it can feel like one really long tiring march.
raisssssu
raisssssu
Talking Fruit/Vegetable

Singing Alias : アズレ/Raissu Posts : 56

I'm on the spice rack! Blind Duets Participant Box of Cheer ٩๏̯͡๏۶ Participant YTC 2015 Blind Duet Participant Monthly Theme Participant (1/4) Monthly Theme Participant (2/4)

Back to top Go down

Post by Selpon Fri Mar 28, 2014 4:25 am

HAPPY SYNTHESIZER FILIPINO VERSION <3333

I've been wanting to sing this song like for years and it was the song that got me to vocaloid <3333

Ahhhh Akano, Kitsi, Vash and Rina were my first inspiration~!! Also I really get energetic when I listen to their version so I sang it~!!! Ahhhh 
Selpon
Selpon
Talking Fruit/Vegetable

Singing Alias : lovena Posts : 50

https://www.youtube.com/user/HellaKawaiiSelpon

Back to top Go down

Post by misaaya Fri Mar 28, 2014 6:41 am

My Entry: the cake is a /lie/
Why? Why? because it had parade in it |D But, I looked further in and say the translyrics and I thought it'd be like a /protest/ (yes.) It's about rejected love.. I guess. There's really no 'march-y band' stuff but, this song first came into my mind when I heard about the March Event.
misaaya
misaaya
Conversationalist

Singing Alias : misaaya Posts : 157

YTC 2015 Blind Duet Participant Monthly Theme Participant (1/4) Monthly Theme Participant (2/4) Monthly Theme Participant (3/4) Monthly Theme Participant (4/4)

https://www.youtube.com/user/Misaaya1

Back to top Go down

Post by Aerlith Fri Mar 28, 2014 8:50 am

Added ^__^ all!

And been busy the last few days, so just in case I don't have time to redo this. >_<

Entry: Garakuta Parade
Reasoning: This song is about how a bunch of people who view themselves as trash are unable to give up their dreams. Even though they are viewed as garbage, they still try to reach "there" (Heaven? a happy place? I'm not really sure). They are the garbage parade, who keep going, no matter what.
Aerlith
Aerlith

Back to top Go down

Post by Sugarlat Sun Mar 30, 2014 1:46 am

Here's my entry owo)b I just saw this yesterday lol so good timing.
Mine is an art entry cause I was too lazy to sing something.

Entry: Myself as a Drum Major
Reason: Drum Majors are important to marching bands! They also have really adorable outfits. I also just wanted to try this out for the first time!
Sugarlat
Sugarlat
Talking Fruit/Vegetable

Singing Alias : Sugarlat Posts : 84

My YTC Story

https://www.youtube.com/user/Sugarlatdesu

Back to top Go down

Post by TamagoFish Mon Mar 31, 2014 6:17 pm

AY IM NOT LATE /o/

https://soundcloud.com/tamagofish/cree-toeto

(what soundcloud)

EXPLANATION: Man that drum line and woodwind and band in general if that doesn't remind you of a super fun parade march I don't know what does. Plus I had a lot of fun playing around/experimenting with this and fun = parades right? right. //shot.
TamagoFish
TamagoFish
Conversationalist

Singing Alias : Cree Posts : 212

Blind Duets Judge

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next