Youtube Chorus Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
NEWS
Working on updating the site and adding new features.
Join our Discord channel to talk about possible events and layout changes!
Latest topics
» fluffy's pudding stash- i mean covers.
by fluffyparuko Mon Mar 11, 2024 7:52 pm

» [MONTHLY THEME] February: Love in the Air~Due March 5th
by sonic-nancy-fan Sat Mar 02, 2024 6:03 pm

» Joker's Trans-lyrics
by sonic-nancy-fan Sat Mar 02, 2024 6:00 pm

» [MONTHLY THEME] March: Old Stuff~Due March 31st
by sonic-nancy-fan Sat Mar 02, 2024 5:08 pm

» ~Uniqflame Covers and Voice acting stuff~
by Uniqflame Thu Feb 22, 2024 3:08 pm

» [MONTHLY THEME] January: Bittersweet Chocolate~Due January 31st
by sonic-nancy-fan Tue Jan 30, 2024 11:46 am

» ✾ Faeri's Covers ✾
by FaeriMagic Tue Jan 16, 2024 8:22 pm

» [MONTHLY THEME] December: Snow Day~Due December 31st
by sonic-nancy-fan Sat Dec 30, 2023 9:10 pm

» [MONTHLY THEME] November: Together in Harmony~Due November 30th
by sonic-nancy-fan Thu Nov 30, 2023 3:02 pm

Legulus' Lair of Layered Cover-alls

3 posters

Go down

Legulus' Lair of Layered Cover-alls Empty Legulus' Lair of Layered Cover-alls

Post by Legulus Sat Jan 04, 2014 1:21 pm

Ohaidere. I'm Legulus. Maybe. I think. I don't know anymore. So just call me whatever you want.

So like, I've been in the scene for about a year and a half, but haven't been seeing much success, and still hardly know anyone. I really would like for that to change, and am trying to reach out. Hence the revamp of this portfolio. ;w;

I'll start updating this post with my more recent covers.

I can scream, rap, and (borderline) sing. 

My old stuff sucks, but here is the new, improved Legulus' entry number one (it's mostly screaming, so be wary):

Last edited by Legulus on Mon Mar 09, 2015 3:29 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Revamp)
Legulus
Legulus

Singing Alias : Legulus Posts : 28

Back to top Go down

Legulus' Lair of Layered Cover-alls Empty Re: Legulus' Lair of Layered Cover-alls

Post by Legulus Mon Mar 09, 2015 3:31 pm

This portfolio has been revamped to accommodate changes in my life and YouTaite career. As such, it would be wise to read the OP even if you know who I am.

Anyway, this isn't exactly new, but it's my most recent cover and I'd like to share it, so here:

Legulus
Legulus

Back to top Go down

Legulus' Lair of Layered Cover-alls Empty Re: Legulus' Lair of Layered Cover-alls

Post by kaelmorann Tue Mar 10, 2015 7:32 am

I always have a respect for singer who can do screamo, because personaly i cant do screamo. U remind me of Shoohey in some part

U have interesting vocal character, i think you are on the right path.

But i have to say your cover on lucid dream seem to be off note
maybe u need more breathing power

cant wait to see next cover
kaelmorann
kaelmorann
Fresh off the Boat

Singing Alias : Kaelic Posts : 8

Back to top Go down

Post by Legulus Tue Mar 10, 2015 1:59 pm

Thank you! I haven't received many compliments. I've actually been on the verge of quitting, as will be presented in my next cover, to be displayed on this post. Little things like that keep me going, and I may change my mind sooner than expected.

So yeah, here's my latest cover:

Legulus
Legulus

Back to top Go down

Post by Legulus Sat Apr 11, 2015 9:32 pm

I covered Vocalo Holic. I really would like some feedback on this. ;w; 

Legulus
Legulus

Back to top Go down

Post by Aisuu aka RiEDe Sat Apr 11, 2015 11:09 pm

YO IT'S LEGULUS I DIDN'T THINK YOU'D BE HERE TOO.
I like your screamos though, and also your high belting. *A* Your voice also suits the rock song pretty well. You sound better when you sing in your higher range!

You seem to be having a hard time holding some lower notes, but that takes practice. (Don't screamo when you haven't finished puberty yet, it will make your voice remain like that for the rest of your life.) Keep doing those warm ups/scales everyday before singing!

Psst, you can cheat by tuning your voice too. Try getting melodyne or something.

There's also the timing, it needs to be manually timed, some part are too fast like the first chorus. I suggest you time it according to the on vocal, then listen to it with the off vocal and see if any changes need to be made. 

I hope this has helped you!

Last edited by Aerlith on Sun Apr 12, 2015 3:11 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : +2 for unrequested intermediate feedback.)
Aisuu aka RiEDe
Aisuu aka RiEDe
Motor Mouth

Singing Alias : Aisuu Posts : 772

Penny for your thoughts! Just my two cents. I'm on the spice rack! Tako Luka Maguro Fever Event Participant Box of Cheer ٩๏̯͡๏۶ Participant YTC 2015 Blind Duet Participant Monthly Theme Participant (1/4) Monthly Theme Participant (2/4) Monthly Theme Participant (3/4) Monthly Theme Participant (4/4)

https://www.youtube.com/user/IceElfPrincess

Back to top Go down

Post by Legulus Sun Apr 12, 2015 2:37 pm

Thank you, Ai! I don't get many comments so it's very nice to receive one, especially such a detailed one.

I've finished puberty, I would think. I am 18. 030 I don't scream often, anyway. But yeah, I'm working on improving power/stability before prioritizing range. I shall continue with warm-ups and train to be a top saiyan.

I'm on a Mac and can't buy things online, so I'm restricted to software which I can access freely, and is Mac-compatible. I would love to tune, though.

I will consider timing using your suggestion. I have done that before, but only for choruses. I'd forgotten to make use of it in my own solo covers. ^^;

Thank you so much. <3
Legulus
Legulus

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down