Youtube Chorus Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
NEWS
Working on updating the site and adding new features.
Join our Discord channel to talk about possible events and layout changes!
Latest topics
» [MONTHLY THEME] April: Reach as High as You Can~Due April 30th
by sonic-nancy-fan Mon Apr 01, 2024 2:42 pm

» [MONTHLY THEME] March: Old Stuff~Due March 31st
by sonic-nancy-fan Sat Mar 30, 2024 1:36 pm

» Joker's Trans-lyrics
by sonic-nancy-fan Sat Mar 30, 2024 1:33 pm

» fluffy's pudding stash- i mean covers.
by fluffyparuko Mon Mar 11, 2024 7:52 pm

» [MONTHLY THEME] February: Love in the Air~Due March 5th
by sonic-nancy-fan Sat Mar 02, 2024 6:03 pm

» ~Uniqflame Covers and Voice acting stuff~
by Uniqflame Thu Feb 22, 2024 3:08 pm

» [MONTHLY THEME] January: Bittersweet Chocolate~Due January 31st
by sonic-nancy-fan Tue Jan 30, 2024 11:46 am

» ✾ Faeri's Covers ✾
by FaeriMagic Tue Jan 16, 2024 8:22 pm

» [MONTHLY THEME] December: Snow Day~Due December 31st
by sonic-nancy-fan Sat Dec 30, 2023 9:10 pm

How should I warm up my voice?

3 posters

Go down

How should I warm up my voice? Empty How should I warm up my voice?

Post by Kai_ Fri Aug 16, 2013 10:20 pm

So recently I've been super obsessed with rap covers and songs that are really fast... I want to cover them, but when I do I tend to stumble over my words very often. So I was wondering if it's because I don't warm up my voice enough?

If it is because I don't warm up my voice, then how should I do it? ( Besides the choir way which is to sing chords)

Thanks so much for the help!
Kai_
Kai_

Singing Alias : Kai_ Posts : 36

Blind Duets Participant

https://www.youtube.com/user/KuraiNoAnimeOtaku

Back to top Go down

How should I warm up my voice? Empty Re: How should I warm up my voice?

Post by Aerlith Sat Aug 17, 2013 10:29 am

I'm not sure what it is that you're doing, but what I usually do is slow it down, keep practicing until I get each of the syllables down in the correct rhythm/pitch, then slowly speed it up. Sometimes I'll write the lyrics down on a separate sheet of paper so I can view it more easily rather than trying to read it on a computer screen. This slows down the pace for everything, including how I'm taking it in mentally, until I've mastered it, so when it is the actual speed, it's a lot easier to rattle off. 

xD Hope that is of some help.
Aerlith
Aerlith
Forever messing with staff.
Forever messing with staff.

Singing Alias : Aerlith Posts : 1976
I'm on the spice rack! Raidcall Train Participant Ai Kotoba II Chorus Ai Kotoba II Words Blind Duets Judge SMILING Participant Tako Luka Maguro Fever Event Participant Box of Cheer ٩๏̯͡๏۶ Participant Megurine Luka 10-Year Celebration Participant Monthly Theme Participant (1/4) Monthly Theme Participant (2/4) Monthly Theme Participant (3/4) Monthly Theme Participant (4/4)

https://www.youtube.com/user/xAerlith

Back to top Go down

Post by Kai_ Sun Aug 18, 2013 8:03 am

Aerlith wrote:I'm not sure what it is that you're doing, but what I usually do is slow it down, keep practicing until I get each of the syllables down in the correct rhythm/pitch, then slowly speed it up. Sometimes I'll write the lyrics down on a separate sheet of paper so I can view it more easily rather than trying to read it on a computer screen. This slows down the pace for everything, including how I'm taking it in mentally, until I've mastered it, so when it is the actual speed, it's a lot easier to rattle off. 

xD Hope that is of some help.
OOOOHHHHH!! THANK YOU AERLITH-SEMPAI! That really helps a lot!! >___<^
Kai_
Kai_

Singing Alias : Kai_ Posts : 36

Blind Duets Participant

https://www.youtube.com/user/KuraiNoAnimeOtaku

Back to top Go down

Post by Riyumi Fri Jul 25, 2014 4:35 pm

I know this is quite old, but if you're still having trouble-- besides this method (which I also use ehehe)-- you can also make sure you don't open your mouth too wide. See, when you rap/sing fast songs, the lower you let your draw drop, the longer it is for your mouth to get back to the top to make a certain pronunciation. It's impossible to not move your jaw at all, but try to make sure it's very limited--you're mainly using your tongue/very small mouth movements.

To test this, place your hand slightly below your chin, (so that your fingers are not touching your chin...but are close enough you feel it's heat/presence, I suppose--it's almost like a 1cm distance). You can say things a lot faster this way. Do two takes, one where you open your mouth normally/wide, and one where you try the limited mouth movement--and see if you can hear the difference ^^ 

for example the "Lo" in love, "air" in very, "muh" in much for "I love you very much" drops down your jaw really low at those syllables. however, it sounds like a chant when you say it with limited jaw movement. It's kind of a bad example, but it worked for me xD esp. for Dragon rising. I just stumble on one part because it's a tongue twister for me @-@ (b/c of the repeat of a certain syllable) sometimes I get it---and sometimes I don't.
Riyumi
Riyumi
Motor Mouth

Singing Alias : Riyumi Posts : 680

I'm on the spice rack! Ai Kotoba II Chorus Blind Duets Judge Box of Cheer ٩๏̯͡๏۶ Participant YTC 2015 Blind Duet Participant Megurine Luka 10-Year Celebration Participant

http://duckiii3.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down