Youtube Chorus Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
NEWS
Working on updating the site and adding new features.
Join our Discord channel to talk about possible events and layout changes!
Latest topics
» [MONTHLY THEME] April: Reach as High as You Can~Due April 30th
by sonic-nancy-fan Mon Apr 01, 2024 2:42 pm

» [MONTHLY THEME] March: Old Stuff~Due March 31st
by sonic-nancy-fan Sat Mar 30, 2024 1:36 pm

» Joker's Trans-lyrics
by sonic-nancy-fan Sat Mar 30, 2024 1:33 pm

» fluffy's pudding stash- i mean covers.
by fluffyparuko Mon Mar 11, 2024 7:52 pm

» [MONTHLY THEME] February: Love in the Air~Due March 5th
by sonic-nancy-fan Sat Mar 02, 2024 6:03 pm

» ~Uniqflame Covers and Voice acting stuff~
by Uniqflame Thu Feb 22, 2024 3:08 pm

» [MONTHLY THEME] January: Bittersweet Chocolate~Due January 31st
by sonic-nancy-fan Tue Jan 30, 2024 11:46 am

» ✾ Faeri's Covers ✾
by FaeriMagic Tue Jan 16, 2024 8:22 pm

» [MONTHLY THEME] December: Snow Day~Due December 31st
by sonic-nancy-fan Sat Dec 30, 2023 9:10 pm

Puella Magi Madoka Magica

+5
Renabear
Ate Tenshi
Sakura1106
Seitanoshuuki
CirnoCirnoCirno
9 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Puella Magi Madoka Magica Empty Puella Magi Madoka Magica

Post by CirnoCirnoCirno Thu Apr 07, 2011 4:31 pm

Really, Forum? Ten episodes in, and still no PMMM thread? I am disappoint. wtf

Well, Kyuubey could surely change that... /人◕ ‿‿ ◕人\

Puella Magi Madoka Magica (魔法少女まどか☆マギカ Mahō Shōjo Madoka Magika) is a production of studio SHAFT and Aniplex, directed by Akiyuki Shinbo, and written by Gen Urobuchi (ohboy) with original character designs by Ume Aoki.

Plot:
There exist "Messengers of Magic" who have the power to grant one wish to a chosen girl. However, that girl must then become a magical girl and fight against witches, evil creatures born from curses that are responsible for murders and suicides. A schoolgirl named Madoka Kaname and her friend Sayaka Miki are approached by a familiar named Kyuubey and magical girl named Mami Tomoe with offers of becoming magical girls, while another magical girl Homura Akemi tries to prevent Madoka and friends from making such a deal...

So I wanna know; Who's your favourite character? Any predictions or theories? Favourite scenes? Am I the only who thinks that the animation is godly? Is Gen Uborochi a master troll or what?
Just discuss!

HOMERUN-CHAN WOULD LIKE TO WARN YOU:
There be spoilers ahead, so it's dangerous to go without having watched all ten episodes!
If you haven't seen this show yet, then I suggest you do right now!

This thread brought to you by MORNING RESCUE *guitar riff*
MOOOORRRRNNNNNING RESCUUUUEEEE~!

Last edited by CirnoCirnoCirno on Sat Apr 16, 2011 4:47 pm; edited 2 times in total
CirnoCirnoCirno
CirnoCirnoCirno
Talking Fruit/Vegetable

Singing Alias : Ran Posts : 86

Back to top Go down

Puella Magi Madoka Magica Empty Re: Puella Magi Madoka Magica

Post by Seitanoshuuki Thu Apr 07, 2011 4:37 pm

Fav character? Has to be Kyuubey~! That thing is small, fluffy, adorable, and EVIL. Who wouldn't love him?

I don't anything to say because I actually read the manga, but - my theory: Mami Tomoe comes back!!! She's either going to be resurrected by some twisted villain, or be a good person and save everyone's hides when you least expect it. :3

Anyway, despite having "Mahou Shoujo" in the title, I think this series is pretty darn epic.
Seitanoshuuki
Seitanoshuuki
Keyboard Smasher

Singing Alias : Shuuki (秋記) Posts : 2173

YTC 2015 Blind Duet Participant

https://www.youtube.com/user/SeitanoShuuki?feature=mhum

Back to top Go down

Post by CirnoCirnoCirno Thu Apr 07, 2011 4:58 pm

I used to like Kyuubey because of those very reasons, but now I just feel the urge to punt him. Now my favourite is Sayaka.
Spoiler:

And I really recommend watching the anime. The animation is sexyfine, plus the OP and ED are amazing. Especially the ED. Also episode 10 is made of serious mindscrew. Confused
CirnoCirnoCirno
CirnoCirnoCirno
Talking Fruit/Vegetable

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Apr 08, 2011 2:13 am

HAAHAA
I love you for making this thread. <3

My friend successfully persuaded me to watch MadoMagi (since I don't really watch anime), and now that I've been following it up to the most recent episode I can only say, "GJ" *A*
A friend said there were plot holes but I think the graphics blinded me lolol.

So I wanna know; Who's your favourite character? Any predictions or theories? Favourite scenes? Am I the only who thinks that the animation is godly? Is Gen Uborochi a master troll or what?
Just discuss, and remember to hide major spoilers. :3
My favorite character has got to be Kyuubey! That fluffy thing <3
Sad that the audience is like putting a grudge against him. Everytime I go to this local anime forum all I see are people hating on him. I'm not saying people can't hate, it's just irritating to see "f**k you QB" and "burn QB" etcetc instead of some quality discussion. As a QB-lover, I'm a part of the minority. And that's like, 3 people, including me. orz
Spoiler:

I love how artistic the witches barriers look.
And how Gertrud's barrier floor is Picasso's Guernica and her walls are from Van Gogh's Starry Night. And Charlotte's barrier. And everything. Omaigah. <3333

Now that it's near the end, I suppose there's nothing much to think about...
Different when there were still a few episodes and everyone was like WHOA SPECULATIONS.

Regarding master troll, judging from the reaction of most people, I'm sure Uborochi has succeeded. I feel okay with whatever happens in the show though. xD I'm okay with bad endings, as long as it's well executed. And... I think "trolling" gives a negative feel... Whatever happened to the term "plot twist"?

I also love Charlotte <3 cutest witch ever <33

as a yuri-enthusiast, I also ship HomuMado and KyouSaya lololol/SHOT

Back to top Go down

Post by Sakura1106 Fri Apr 08, 2011 3:17 pm

YESSSS I love this thread <3 QB I don't hate very much, but he has ears coming out of his ears~ SO he could hear while he hears ;D

*shot*
Sakura1106
Sakura1106
Conversationalist

Singing Alias : ☆Cagali← / ○カガリ Posts : 324

Back to top Go down

Post by CirnoCirnoCirno Fri Apr 08, 2011 4:11 pm

Herp, I know what you mean about all the QB hate. I don't like QB, but that doesn't mean you should go on and on about how much of a morally skewed alien-thing he really is.

And really, when it comes to Uborochi, "trolling" and "plot twist" can mean the same thing. 8D

I love Charlotte as well. I just wanna eat cakes and cheese with her and dress her up in cute clothes.

Kyuubey hears all. /人◕ ‿‿ ◕人\

KyouSaya forever! Happy Go Lucky

CirnoCirnoCirno
CirnoCirnoCirno
Talking Fruit/Vegetable

Back to top Go down

Post by Ate Tenshi Fri Apr 08, 2011 8:56 pm

I have a love hate relationship with Kyuubey. >__<
I'm like.. "He's SO AWESOME...BUT WHY THE HECK DID HE DO THAT!!!
Other characters I love, Mami, Madoka, and Homura~

I was afraid that this was gonna be an ecchi type of show, so I avoided it for a few episodes. But knowing what it is now, I'm happy I picked it, but still so confused...

I swear...the animes that I watch(ed) this year and the ones in the winter 2010 season LOVED to troll their fans.
Ate Tenshi
Ate Tenshi
Talkative

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Apr 08, 2011 10:21 pm

LOLOL Sakura. One of the wonders of QB.  ‿‿

@Cirno
Eheheh glad to see a KyouSaya supporter//
Yeah, and a lot of times people are posting QB related things and their friend goes like "I am disappointed that you actually like that #$&*(#$$*#& creature...(blah, you get the idea)". I mean it's up to your friend whether they want to like QB or not, and /get over it/...(I think I ranted too much. LOL

Charlottteeeee ;v;
Careful if you accidentally hit her stomach though. Things won't look as pretty anymore;;

@Tenshi
LOL I know. I only watch Madoka this season but my friend said that this season is all about trolling. Poor weak-hearted fans, but at least the anime itself is good. * u *

I have grown to love all the characters~
I think fanworks are quite a huge influence, though...

Spoiler:

Back to top Go down

Post by Renabear Sat Apr 09, 2011 8:07 am

I started to like Homura since I watched episode 10, I never realized how cool she was Happy
Renabear
Renabear
Talking Fruit/Vegetable

Singing Alias : Erena Posts : 111

Back to top Go down

Post by Ate Tenshi Sun Apr 10, 2011 1:55 pm

Renabear wrote:I started to like Homura since I watched episode 10, I never realized how cool she was Happy
Same here...Fans realize that she is a sweet girl that wants to protect her best friend. Smile Though her attitude might not be the best~
Ate Tenshi
Ate Tenshi
Talkative

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Apr 10, 2011 2:14 pm

Imagine having to go through what Homura experienced. D'8
I'd... commit suicide. (okay, I don't even know but you get the idea QAQ

Homura surprised me though,
Spoiler:

btw in case anyone didn't know yet, Madoka 11-12 is airing on April 22.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sakura1106 Sun Apr 10, 2011 2:21 pm

Spoiler:
Sakura1106
Sakura1106
Conversationalist

Singing Alias : ☆Cagali← / ○カガリ Posts : 324

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Apr 10, 2011 2:36 pm

ssdgajgdusds. ;A;

For me, the most heartbreaking part is
Spoiler:

Back to top Go down

Post by Ate Tenshi Mon Apr 11, 2011 2:16 am

Shizuru wrote:ssdgajgdusds. ;A;

For me, the most heartbreaking part is
Spoiler:

But what about when:
Spoiler:
Ate Tenshi
Ate Tenshi
Talkative

Back to top Go down

Post by AmyAnn Tue Apr 12, 2011 10:16 am

Favourite character: Mami Tomoe.
I can see alot of me in her and it sucks that she gets far less screentime than all of the other Magi Puella, even if her fate in Episode3 was to show Madoka and Sayaka what could happen.

As for the series, it's exactly what I want in a magical girl series. I'm kinda sick and tired of magical girls fighting and barely getting a scratch on them. This series is a much darker yet more realistic [if it were actually a real possibility] story which is what I love about it.

Also, the soundtrack is amazing.
AmyAnn
AmyAnn
Motor Mouth

Singing Alias : Aimy Posts : 688

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Apr 15, 2011 12:25 am

@Tenshi
That's why I said everything is sad. ;A;

And yes, the soundtrack is <3. Any idea when it will be released?

I think Tomoe Mami's fate is more like a wake up call for the audience and an introduction of what the show really is. (So does that mean she's more of a tool...? (Now) I personally think of her as a side-character which supports the story so I have no complaints.) "Okay, you've seen your share of typical mahou shoujo happiness, BAM--too bad this show is nothing like that." It was unexpected, and without a doubt shocked many fans. I personally think it's an excellent way of introducing the truth about the show atmosphere, though. So sudden, but such deep impact.

Btw guys, I assume everyone here have already watched MadoMagi up to the most recent episode, and since it will take a while before ep 11 and 12, I believe everyone has enough time to catch up anyway. Can we drop the spoiler tags for now? Since the show is (of course) full of surprises and spoilers, I feel uncomfortable having to click spoiler tags all the time (which probably doesn't even contain the most recent spoiler). Maybe add a spoiler warning on the first post? Of course, it might just be me being selfish. What do you think?

Back to top Go down

Post by megunyann Fri Apr 15, 2011 1:00 am

my fav. chara is Kyoko Sakura, IDK why I like her. maybe it's because she's so straightforward about everything. I like people who are straightforward, lol
I also like how she says "oh, so that's the new Puella Magi", with a tone implying that Sayaka is weak. It might be annoying to some people, but that attitude makes me like her even more.

and I love Charlotte so much <3
I can't stop drawing Charlotte ;A;

and I like the moment when
Spoiler:
megunyann
megunyann
Talking Fruit/Vegetable

Singing Alias : めぐ Posts : 59

https://www.youtube.com/megumegupower

Back to top Go down

Post by AmyAnn Fri Apr 15, 2011 5:57 am

Shizuru wrote:
And yes, the soundtrack is <3. Any idea when it will be released?

I think Tomoe Mami's fate is more like a wake up call for the audience and an introduction of what the show really is. (So does that mean she's more of a tool...? (Now) I personally think of her as a side-character which supports the story so I have no complaints.) "Okay, you've seen your share of typical mahou shoujo happiness, BAM--too bad this show is nothing like that." It was unexpected, and without a doubt shocked many fans. I personally think it's an excellent way of introducing the truth about the show atmosphere, though. So sudden, but such deep impact.

From what I can remember, it's May 25th or something is the release date for the OST.

The whole "Death of Mami" thing was shocking to the point that alot of people tried to get the series cancelled. I heard it a while back and my friend showed me an article about how the show was apparantly going to get cancelled because of it showing a "young girl being decapitated" [which isn't actually true, you don't see anything from the shoulders up...wait] and some other things that I cannot remember at this point in time. I love the fact that it's the darker side of mahou shoujo. Makes it alot more interesting to watch.

Also, the artwork is fantastic. I remember watching the first episode and thinking "...wtf?" once it went into the labyrinth scene but I love that appeal. It's creative, eyecatching, trippy and interesting.
AmyAnn
AmyAnn
Motor Mouth

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Apr 15, 2011 8:11 am

Ah, thank you for the information!

There's a silhouette of a headless Mami falling (although shown from afar so it wasn't graphic or anything) shown for a brief period of time before Charlotte went down and ate her remaining. I also found that "CAUTION" image in ep 3 (shown for a split second right after entering Charlotte's barrier) disturbing, with the headless figures, some with a hole in the stomach. Eeeep. ;A;

I think everyone was aware about the reappearing rumors of MadoMagi being cancelled episode-after-episode (which freaked me and my friends, since we want the series to continue orz), especially with the recent announcement of TBS not wanting to air MadoMagi 11 and 12 (which we don't need to worry about now). Glad that it isn't cancelled, though...

I like how the witches (and their barriers) have different art styles. <3

I'm currently addicted to watching MadoMagi MADs on Nico. I love how MAD producers there seem to have endless creativity...

@megunyan
I can't stop drawing Charlotte too. Both forms. ;A; Charlotte is just too... adorable.

Back to top Go down

Post by CirnoCirnoCirno Sat Apr 16, 2011 4:36 pm

Mami's death was pretty shocking. I mean, everyone expected Charlotte to just fall down and die and then the girls go out and celebrate with cake, and then Charlotte pulls a fast one and OHGODSHEJUSTATEMAMI'SHEADansjfhgf;;

I was personally thrown off by the artwork at first and I even considered not watching the show, but then I realized its trippy and weird because the labyrinths are supposed to represent the things we fear the most. Humans have a natural aversion to things that are even slightly out of the ordinary, so the labyrinths, being filled to the brim with weird things, are very mind-scarring and frightening. Its either this or the animators were having a jolly old time in the studio.

@Shizuru
I think maybe dropping the spoiler tags might be a good idea. I'll just put a warning on the first page.

Btw is it weird that I want to make love to the ED? It's amazing like whoa.
CirnoCirnoCirno
CirnoCirnoCirno
Talking Fruit/Vegetable

Back to top Go down

Post by AmyAnn Sun Apr 17, 2011 8:17 am

I have to admit, the actual character animation didn't appeal to me at first. It was very simple and the proportions would slip at times but I think that adds to the charm of the series and also causes it to blend well with the labyrinth animations whilst keeping it so that the characters still stand out against them. The first time seeing it did remind of the Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei opening and I think that's how people can immediately link them as being from the same studio.

The ending is fantastic. Chilling and dark with hints of what's to come. I like that they kept it from being shown until Mami died otherwise it would have given away how the series is a bit dark. It's also a nice contrast to the stereotypical magical girl opening.
AmyAnn
AmyAnn
Motor Mouth

Back to top Go down

Post by CirnoCirnoCirno Thu Apr 21, 2011 10:28 pm

HEY WHOAH EPISODE 11 AND 12 ARE SUBBED FINALLY YES.
Just thought I'd tell you guys.

I already watched it, and I must warn you, you are likely to cry. A lot.
But then again I cry for silly things so maybe not.

I don't wanna talk about it yet since I'm not sure anyone else has seen the finale, but it was the best thing ever. I literally fangirl-squeed the whole time (besides my sissy crying).

GO WATCH IT NAO.
GOGOGOGOGOGO FOR GREAT JUSTICE

Last edited by CirnoCirnoCirno on Fri Apr 22, 2011 9:13 am; edited 1 time in total
CirnoCirnoCirno
CirnoCirnoCirno
Talking Fruit/Vegetable

Back to top Go down

Post by PavementRaindrops Thu Apr 21, 2011 11:48 pm

--spolier--
WHEN MAMI DIED I WAS LITERALLY CURSING AT THE SCREEN WTF.
this anime..i love the animation. the story's different from other magical girl animes. Smile
kyuubey ohmygosh. that extremely cute and evil fdjldfihdfjodif
PavementRaindrops
PavementRaindrops
Talking Fruit/Vegetable

Singing Alias : Yoshe Posts : 126

https://www.youtube.com/PavementRaindrops

Back to top Go down

Post by Ate Tenshi Fri Apr 22, 2011 12:42 am

I watched the final episodes...Yes I cried. Because of stuff that reminded of of things happening in real life....
Spoiler:
And am I the only one that the ending seemed Kingdom Hearts-ish?
Ate Tenshi
Ate Tenshi
Talkative

Back to top Go down

Post by PavementRaindrops Fri Apr 22, 2011 4:58 am

@ ate tenshi UFUFUFUFU it does seem kingdom hearts-esque. XD
i just noticed that now. btw, off topic, but are you filipino? (:
PavementRaindrops
PavementRaindrops
Talking Fruit/Vegetable

Singing Alias : Yoshe Posts : 126