Youtube Chorus Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
NEWS
Working on updating the site and adding new features.
Join our Discord channel to talk about possible events and layout changes!
Latest topics
» fluffy's pudding stash- i mean covers.
by fluffyparuko Mon Mar 11, 2024 7:52 pm

» [MONTHLY THEME] February: Love in the Air~Due March 5th
by sonic-nancy-fan Sat Mar 02, 2024 6:03 pm

» Joker's Trans-lyrics
by sonic-nancy-fan Sat Mar 02, 2024 6:00 pm

» [MONTHLY THEME] March: Old Stuff~Due March 31st
by sonic-nancy-fan Sat Mar 02, 2024 5:08 pm

» ~Uniqflame Covers and Voice acting stuff~
by Uniqflame Thu Feb 22, 2024 3:08 pm

» [MONTHLY THEME] January: Bittersweet Chocolate~Due January 31st
by sonic-nancy-fan Tue Jan 30, 2024 11:46 am

» ✾ Faeri's Covers ✾
by FaeriMagic Tue Jan 16, 2024 8:22 pm

» [MONTHLY THEME] December: Snow Day~Due December 31st
by sonic-nancy-fan Sat Dec 30, 2023 9:10 pm

» [MONTHLY THEME] November: Together in Harmony~Due November 30th
by sonic-nancy-fan Thu Nov 30, 2023 3:02 pm

Do you like how you sing?

+120
Mami
jun
Xin
nyannyan056
Katerinu
CheekierNeko
pomeKNIGHT
Hatsuyuki
xpomusume
Aisuu aka RiEDe
Celty
ikikurface
The Ikemen
lazziejan
BuckingFrill
mie.
Kagi
めいぽん
Kimoicchi
Zak
itsminchan
CoCo♥
D.Storm
Legender
Girldeadmonster
mochiberry
xShinji
Kumoshi
NakoZonbineko
sumirehana013
Jefferz
joakkar
zenneth
Akai
Hikari
chiharu96
lavitt
NanaYamada
alixiio
TamagoFish
Xerobeats
Mikiglaceon
Varu
Drez
EroJun
SlashEX
candy
Penguin
hakusan
Razzy
スパークさん
Me-chan
Jeagerjacques
Kago
Shuya
ToujoursRêver
ddrXero64
HakuraSakura
kejyas
sayakachan95
Sakerune
AmyAnn
Xifeng
YoruSagara
Kazekoe
rosewisteria
Kyoeru
Seitanoshuuki
NipahDUBS
chinx_00
onigirimi
Akemi
Haruna
FSH
animezirow
harukamaru
Fruutella
HanyouGirl
usagininja
apol
Gin-chan
Kemi
Phatbeaniez
Lunarous
y4k4sumjn0kjm0chj
Ruru
aozora_midori
Coda
tetsuhideyoshi
Agito
ProducerBee
KohnChanSamaSensei
RisIkon
iColour
Kamiya
KURIMU
Chioku
caffeinewoman
Toriki
IceQueen975
Kumbancha
Silver
MichiChan
shanta
LemonP
Panchii
RemonRizumuRaimu
akiyuuki
(ツ・ω・キ)
Hikki-chan
Penny
kiki
Una
Pamken29
Rawrzyr
aiko9099
Onion
JinSeng
SubarashiiOngaku
124 posters

Page 7 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down

Do you like how you sing? - Page 7 Empty Re: Do you like how you sing?

Post by めいぽん Tue Feb 11, 2014 1:44 am

Kagi wrote:

Heyyy... isn't that group the same one that did Six Trillion Nights and One Overnight Story?I'd love to have that kind of ability.

Yeah it's then ovo, don't really know if it's a ability xD I just have it more easy with at some reason
めいぽん
めいぽん
Conversationalist

Singing Alias : Meipon/めいぽん Posts : 157

http://google.com/+Meipon

Back to top Go down

Post by BuckingFrill Tue Feb 11, 2014 7:54 am

I hate my voice. 8D;
It's so weak and proper and just ugh. I wish I could belt and sing all powerful and rock out. But no. Forever whispering. Well. Not whispering but y'know.
BuckingFrill
BuckingFrill

Singing Alias : Nikki Posts : 15

https://www.youtube.come/NicNac4eva

Back to top Go down

Post by lazziejan Wed Feb 12, 2014 9:24 am

I don't hate how I sing, but it's not the voice I would ask for. I really fond of the higher and clear vocal ranges. I'm just sad I cannot sing naturally high. 

I used to sing a lot lower, but now I'm slowly not able to hit the low key....so basically my vocal range is becoming just in the middle. But I'm still in the Alto range.
lazziejan
lazziejan

Singing Alias : Jan Posts : 22

1st Place in Blind Duets Blind Duets Participant YTC 2015 Blind Duet Participant

https://www.youtube.com/user/thelazziejan

Back to top Go down

Post by mie. Wed Feb 12, 2014 9:35 am

Una wrote:To anyone who doesnt like their voice.
Accept your voice the way it is and start liking it. The more you don't like it, the more it'll suck. So basically it's about a change of perspective. I believe that a person has to like their own voice in order for it to sound good. So if you don't like your own voice, don't expect others to like it.

But of course, vocal training helps a lot too.

i think this is relevant and very good advice so it should be out the spoiler :3
mie.
mie.
Talkative

Singing Alias : mie Posts : 583

Banner Decorator * 1

https://www.youtube.com/user/mieyyn

Back to top Go down

Post by Kimoicchi Fri Feb 21, 2014 3:56 pm

Kimoicchi wrote:No. 

I can't sound naturally cute. I can't sound naturally deep and cool. I just sound...

. . . Like a rather constipated senior who's a bit tired of yelling at young'uns to get off my lawn.

I sound like a doofus with a mic who doesn't give about quality, pitch control, , timing, and actually getting the lyrics right. Plus my tone changes like MID-SONG and ruins the mood. OTL
Kimoicchi
Kimoicchi
Talkative

Singing Alias : キモイ Posts : 435

I'm on the spice rack! Ai Kotoba II Chorus Ai Kotoba II Words Blind Duets Participant YTC 2015 Blind Duet Participant Monthly Theme Participant (1/4) Monthly Theme Participant (2/4) Monthly Theme Participant (3/4) Monthly Theme Participant (4/4)

http://kimoicchi@deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by The Ikemen Sun Mar 02, 2014 5:46 am

. . .

Last edited by The Ikemen on Sat Dec 27, 2014 5:33 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : . . .)
The Ikemen
The Ikemen
Talkative

Singing Alias : Giusaran Posts : 392

Monthly Theme Participant (1/4)

Back to top Go down

Post by ikikurface Mon Mar 03, 2014 2:30 pm

I sound like a constipated shota when i try to sound cute, but i given up on all that.

I kinda like my voice because it is so versatile and my voice can go deep and high but i cant those low keys or high keys right and my voice ususally sounds forced when i dont even try to force it ;;;-;;;

im still new to singing and i had no formal practice so of course i want to improve. i like singing. i just accept the fact i cant sound kawaii shota but a kawaii alien xD
ikikurface
ikikurface
Conversationalist

Singing Alias : Ikikur Posts : 183

I'm on the spice rack! YTC 2015 Blind Duet Participant

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCnuVgPc88lgPzY-_6L1YMvg

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Mar 03, 2014 2:34 pm

hahaha i tried to sing in a more feminine tone without using my head voice a few days ago.  epic fail: i sounded more like a shota than a girl xDD

Back to top Go down

Post by Celty Fri Apr 18, 2014 10:54 am

I hate the fact that my voice is way too low to cover most songs in their original pitch. When I try to sound like a lady, I end up sounding like a male trap singer.
Celty
Celty

Singing Alias : Jolly Posts : 20

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Apr 18, 2014 2:39 pm

Celty wrote:I hate the fact that my voice is way too low to cover most songs in their original pitch. When I try to sound like a lady, I end up sounding like a male trap singer.

i'm the exact same way >__<  i usually have to sing songs an octave lower

Back to top Go down

Post by Aisuu aka RiEDe Mon May 12, 2014 5:54 am

The Ikemen wrote:My
loooooooong thoughts about this...:

To anyone reading this, wow congratulations you have read a very long story about me complaining about myself... and you deserve cookie... go buy yourself one...
I read that very short story. (Ilikereadingokay) It's wonderful and it shows that you aren't shy of talking about your voice. uguu

As for my own voice, I like it except when it gets tired and shakes.

But there was a time where I liked it so much that it scarred me for life when I was told it was annoying. So indeed, I did have a time where I disliked it.. Prepare for some drama!
Spoiler:
Aisuu aka RiEDe
Aisuu aka RiEDe
Motor Mouth

Singing Alias : Aisuu Posts : 772

Penny for your thoughts! Just my two cents. I'm on the spice rack! Tako Luka Maguro Fever Event Participant Box of Cheer ٩๏̯͡๏۶ Participant YTC 2015 Blind Duet Participant Monthly Theme Participant (1/4) Monthly Theme Participant (2/4) Monthly Theme Participant (3/4) Monthly Theme Participant (4/4)

https://www.youtube.com/user/IceElfPrincess

Back to top Go down

Post by xpomusume Tue May 13, 2014 12:49 am

I just came across this thread. It seems like everyone has more or less similar insecurities, so I hope you'll all gain a lot more confidence and skill soon ;v;

I might as well put this here as well ahaha

I do like my voice, but sometimes I feel like I'm happy with it only because I sing Akiakane's versions a lot. So at times, it makes me feel like I'm not actually getting anywhere, because all I'm doing is using her style of singing, even though I enjoy it very much.
xpomusume
xpomusume

Singing Alias : Hua Posts : 26
3rd Place in Blind Duets Blind Duets Participant

https://www.youtube.com/xpomusume

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue May 13, 2014 2:23 pm

I'm kind of meh abut my voice tbh xD I mean--in some songs it can sound nice and soothing, other times it can me so ugly makes me wanna sob lol Ik for a fact my femine voice is terrible xD It's prbbly the worst existing female voice there is. My genderbend it's okay to a certain extent. So I'm very netural abut my voice lol

Back to top Go down

Post by Hatsuyuki Wed May 14, 2014 6:47 pm

Here is my thoughts:

Is it long enough? XD I hope it's not that long...
Hatsuyuki
Hatsuyuki
Talking Fruit/Vegetable

Singing Alias : はつゆき ❅ Posts : 128

Banner Decorator * 1 Tako Luka Maguro Fever Event Participant

https://www.youtube.com/user/1stYuki

Back to top Go down

Post by pomeKNIGHT Thu May 22, 2014 1:12 am

my voice is the most undecisive thing ever. I dont hate it. but i wish i had more uhh force to it? My voice is really gruffy and tomboy/mature like, but its not as powerful as a mature voice ya feel? //hit. If i punch myself in the throat u think it would toughen up a bit? //hi t noiwouldnever I wonder if there's something to fix that?? 

then there are times when the sound comes out so smooth and pretty, and others...im literally sqwaking haaa. I do appreciate those times when it behaves though, I'm able to reach super high notes and stuff that i like uvu...

TL;DR my voice like to surprise me while im not recording. //gross sobbing
pomeKNIGHT
pomeKNIGHT
Talking Fruit/Vegetable

Singing Alias : Koin(s) Posts : 98

https://www.youtube.com/user/hatsukoin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu May 22, 2014 3:04 am

pomeKNIGHT wrote:my voice is the most undecisive thing ever. I dont hate it. but i wish i had more uhh force to it? My voice is really gruffy and tomboy/mature like, but its not as powerful as a mature voice ya feel? //hit. If i punch myself in the throat u think it would toughen up a bit? //hi t noiwouldnever I wonder if there's something to fix that?? 

then there are times when the sound comes out so smooth and pretty, and others...im literally sqwaking haaa. I do appreciate those times when it behaves though, I'm able to reach super high notes and stuff that i like uvu...

TL;DR my voice like to surprise me while im not recording. //gross sobbing

i have the same problem QwQ  i feel like i sound better when i'm practising but when i record, most of the time it has this grating quality i don't like?  it's to describe, but i hate that i have so little voice control >__<  i really want to take vocal lessons to help build on my strengths and work on my weaknesses, but i can't afford it right now QAQ

Back to top Go down

Post by CheekierNeko Mon Aug 25, 2014 12:59 pm

I'm ok with my voice 50 percent of the time lol
CheekierNeko
CheekierNeko
Talking Fruit/Vegetable

Singing Alias : Cheeky Posts : 80

I'm on the spice rack!

Back to top Go down

Post by Katerinu Mon Aug 25, 2014 1:53 pm

I enjoy the sound of my voice! I know what my strengths are and I'm aware of my weaknesses and try to improve based on that! I've certainly gotten so much better than when I began years ago hahaha

That's the best way to improve, though, is just practicing! You'll never be 100% happy with anything, I think, but it's important to enjoy what you do! It's important not to force stuff, but at the same time, you want to push yourself just a little farther every time!
Katerinu
Katerinu

Singing Alias : MoonNue Posts : 45

http://katerinu.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Hatsuyuki Tue Aug 26, 2014 2:31 am

Katerinu wrote:I enjoy the sound of my voice! I know what my strengths are and I'm aware of my weaknesses and try to improve based on that! I've certainly gotten so much better than when I began years ago hahaha

That's the best way to improve, though, is just practicing! You'll never be 100% happy with anything, I think, but it's important to enjoy what you do! It's important not to force stuff, but at the same time, you want to push yourself just a little farther every time!
You're right! I sing everyday to take a practice of my voice. I listened to my old covers a month ago and now, I felt that I was improving! :D

But somehow, after I've been funly imitating how an utaite sings, my voice became powerful just like him and my lower octave sounded like him. :/
Hatsuyuki
Hatsuyuki
Talking Fruit/Vegetable

Singing Alias : はつゆき ❅ Posts : 128

Banner Decorator * 1 Tako Luka Maguro Fever Event Participant

https://www.youtube.com/user/1stYuki

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Aug 26, 2014 7:34 am

Katerinu wrote:I enjoy the sound of my voice! I know what my strengths are and I'm aware of my weaknesses and try to improve based on that! I've certainly gotten so much better than when I began years ago hahaha

ohhh that's a really healthy attitude you have there!  i no longer cringe every time i hear my voice (i still do sometimes, but i'm getting better at it >___<), but i want to be like that eventually.

Back to top Go down

Post by Katerinu Tue Aug 26, 2014 11:04 am

Hatsuyuki wrote:You're right! I sing everyday to take a practice of my voice. I listened to my old covers a month ago and now, I felt that I was improving! :D

But somehow, after I've been funly imitating how an utaite sings, my voice became powerful just like him and my lower octave sounded like him. :/

That's great! Though from the sounds of it, hahaha, you're not too thrilled about that last part? That's what happens though! You do something long enough, you'll eventually find yourself being able to do it to a T! You can always practice other ways to sing if you're unhappy, but it takes just as long!

KaRei wrote:
ohhh that's a really healthy attitude you have there!  i no longer cringe every time i hear my voice (i still do sometimes, but i'm getting better at it >___<), but i want to be like that eventually.

That's really good! Haha, it takes time! It's a matter of how you think! Next time you listen to yourself, pay closer attention to the parts you like and take note of it! Even though you may not be where you want to be right now, try to enjoy yourself and the effort you put in!
Katerinu
Katerinu

Singing Alias : MoonNue Posts : 45

http://katerinu.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by nyannyan056 Mon Nov 17, 2014 6:13 pm

now that my voice has matured it has a boy yet kid like voice and that's frustating. another thing, I like to feel the autotune in my voice it makes me in a good mood when it's in an up-beat song =)
nyannyan056
nyannyan056
Talking Fruit/Vegetable

Singing Alias : Rioko Posts : 78

http://rioko20.weebly.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Xin Mon Nov 17, 2014 6:48 pm

Eh...I kind of have a love-hate feeling towards mine. I'm really indecisive about it. But I know that I will feel better about my voice if I know what to do/sing with it and how to approach songs to make my voice mould in it.
I do feel the improvement and I'm really happy about it when I listen to my old covers and compare them with my current ones C:
If you think about it, utaites/youtaites all have different voices so you can do something about yours to sound incredibly amazing in your own way Happiness
Xin
Xin
Motor Mouth

Singing Alias : 白菜 / Hakusai Posts : 751

I'm on the spice rack! Tako Luka Maguro Fever Event Participant Monthly Theme Participant (1/4) Monthly Theme Participant (2/4)

https://www.instagram.com/whyaremyusernamestaken/

Back to top Go down

Post by jun Thu Dec 18, 2014 8:22 am

thread bump after a month!

I like my voice.
But. What I don't like about it is that somehow it sounds really rounded (?) when I listen to my own recordings, no idea if it's because I started from classical singing in choir :/
(or because of the room I'm recording in, or my lousy phone mic lol. will get a proper condenser mic to experiment with~)
Oh I can't seem to sing with enough emotion, I feel ><
jun
jun

Singing Alias : じゅん Posts : 31

YTC 2015 Blind Duet Participant

Back to top Go down

Post by Mami Thu Dec 18, 2014 2:03 pm

Some days I like it but A LOT of the time I don't. Especially since it's been a few years since I've been dedicated to singing. Thats why I add a lot of effects to my voice a lot of the time.
Mami
Mami
Talking Fruit/Vegetable

Singing Alias : Mami Posts : 64

Box of Cheer ٩๏̯͡๏۶ Participant YTC 2015 Blind Duet Participant

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next