Youtube Chorus Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
NEWS
Working on updating the site and adding new features.
Join our Discord channel to talk about possible events and layout changes!
Latest topics
» fluffy's pudding stash- i mean covers.
by fluffyparuko Mon Mar 11, 2024 7:52 pm

» [MONTHLY THEME] February: Love in the Air~Due March 5th
by sonic-nancy-fan Sat Mar 02, 2024 6:03 pm

» Joker's Trans-lyrics
by sonic-nancy-fan Sat Mar 02, 2024 6:00 pm

» [MONTHLY THEME] March: Old Stuff~Due March 31st
by sonic-nancy-fan Sat Mar 02, 2024 5:08 pm

» ~Uniqflame Covers and Voice acting stuff~
by Uniqflame Thu Feb 22, 2024 3:08 pm

» [MONTHLY THEME] January: Bittersweet Chocolate~Due January 31st
by sonic-nancy-fan Tue Jan 30, 2024 11:46 am

» ✾ Faeri's Covers ✾
by FaeriMagic Tue Jan 16, 2024 8:22 pm

» [MONTHLY THEME] December: Snow Day~Due December 31st
by sonic-nancy-fan Sat Dec 30, 2023 9:10 pm

» [MONTHLY THEME] November: Together in Harmony~Due November 30th
by sonic-nancy-fan Thu Nov 30, 2023 3:02 pm

Forum Spamming Problem

+17
Kouko
Jay-Shay
Kasikki
Ke-ki
JinSeng
Serena Scarlet
ChibiKumiko
kiki
Blip
~AutumnZephyr~
Kuma-tan
Kumbancha
Aniki
Dympchan
AnotherNicoUploader
Onion
krannda
21 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Forum Spamming Problem - Page 2 Empty Re: Forum Spamming Problem

Post by krannda Sat Sep 18, 2010 7:14 am

JinSeng wrote:I leave for a week and this is what happens...

Oh lordy, time to dust off that banhammer.

Should we start implementing the three-strike system? :3
Or shall we discuss it a little further?
krannda
krannda
I'm still alive?

Singing Alias : kran Posts : 1244

My YTC Story CB (1) Round 1 CB (1) Round 2 CB (1) Round 3

https://www.youtube.com/user/fxsynth

Back to top Go down

Post by Onion Sat Sep 18, 2010 8:04 am

Should we start implementing the three-strike system? :3
Or shall we discuss it a little further?

how bout active mods? :D *kicked*
Onion
Onion
*~Sparkling Mixer~*

Singing Alias : Onion Posts : 4112

I'm on the spice rack! Dango Daikazoku Chorus Dango Chorus Illustration My YTC Story Blind Duets Participant Megurine Luka 10-Year Celebration Participant

https://www.youtube.com/user/SeirenOnion

Back to top Go down

Post by Ke-ki Sat Sep 18, 2010 8:49 am

I have an opinion, you guys don't have to accept it,but i hope everyone would consider it.

I would suggest deleting topics that haven't been active and have been repetitive. But i don't find "deleting topics" to be nice or satisfying. Overall, I would suggest the reconstruction of a new forum.

To those who find my idea ridiculous and a new forum to be TOOO much work.
The time it takes to delete all the useless topics WILL most likely take more time than it would take to remake a forum.

Once ytc got more members spamming, I gave up in trying to be part of the COMMUNITY. Because it felt like there wasn't any. For me, this problem started long ago. Its been more than a year and i STILL feel like i know no one, and most of our members lack the respect to decently acknowledge someones post (based on my experience). The whole community lacks connection and bonding. The forums have seriously become something i find almost useless.
-sigh- Of course, this is my harsh opinion on the subject. Thanks for reading.
Ke-ki
Ke-ki
Conversationalist

Singing Alias : Ke-ki Posts : 156

Sakura No Ame Chorus Dango Daikazoku Chorus Dango Chorus Illustration My YTC Story

https://www.youtube.com/user/UnWantedCake

Back to top Go down

Post by Dympchan Mon Sep 20, 2010 7:35 am

Ke-ki wrote:
The time it takes to delete all the useless topics WILL most likely take more time than it would take to remake a forum.

I don't think that would help. Because all the members here who are a lot active would just move to the other forum and it all starts over once again.
We should all just help to decrease the useless spamming and report any abuse to the moderators.

Dympchan
Hyperactive SUGAR HIGH

Banner Decorator * 1 Dango Daikazoku Chorus My YTC Story Treasure Hunt Runner Ups

Back to top Go down

Post by Kasikki Mon Sep 20, 2010 12:28 pm

I too was sort of intimidated when I joined.

There are still alot threads that I don't even get because of the title and no ones talking about the main topic of the thread. ^^;
Kasikki
Kasikki
Talking Fruit/Vegetable

My YTC Story

Back to top Go down

Post by Ke-ki Mon Sep 20, 2010 3:42 pm

Dympchan wrote:
Ke-ki wrote:

I don't think that would help. Because all the members here who are a lot active would just move to the other forum and it all starts over once again.
We should all just help to decrease the useless spamming and report any abuse to the moderators.

Kasikki has a point that its intimidating and already the forum is OFF topic. =/

@dymp: You have a good point. it won't exactly happen all over again. The rules will be easier to enforce, and it will be easier to pinpoint the problems. We can't organize a lot of things if there are too many problems. ;[ Think of it as "Reformatting" a computer because you have a virus. it won't go away but it won't activate unless you go into a site that reactivates it. Do you guys get what i am trying to say?
Ke-ki
Ke-ki
Conversationalist

Singing Alias : Ke-ki Posts : 156

Sakura No Ame Chorus Dango Daikazoku Chorus Dango Chorus Illustration My YTC Story

https://www.youtube.com/user/UnWantedCake

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay-Shay Mon Sep 20, 2010 4:14 pm

These are the exact reasons I never post here anymore. (Well there are others, but I'm not going to get into that.) The clique thing is..yes. I thought I was the only one that noticed that. And as said before, it's not just new people. I've been here since February (Wow..doesn't feel that long. -shot-) and yet I still have trouble posting here because of all the cliques. And I was informed of something on skype that totally proves it and makes it worse...but I'm not going to get into that. I think the only reason I post here now is to update my topic.

I could get into this whole big rant but I won't. Just felt like saying this.

And I don't think the deleting topics will work...because if they spam in one topic, they'll spam in another. Although I know that's already been said.

This seems like a serious problem though, especially since it doesn't seem easy to deal with. I wish I could think of something to help. I'd really enjoy coming back to here, it was really fun when I first joined.
Jay-Shay
Jay-Shay
Motor Mouth

Singing Alias : Jay-Shay Posts : 816

Post Spammer Winner My YTC Story

Back to top Go down

Post by Kouko Tue Sep 21, 2010 12:51 pm

I'm lazy and haven't read the thread, but I'm thinking, why don't we make a YTC IRC channel? It's pretty easy, if anyone wants me to I can easily set it up since I've tried to set one up multiple times already, or someone else could do it. Then people can go there to chat instead?
Kouko
Kouko
Talkative

Singing Alias : Kouko(Oh what a surprise, huh?) Posts : 385

Back to top Go down

Post by AKATOMO Wed Sep 22, 2010 10:05 pm

Okay i hope this doesnt count as a spam since it will probably be really short but why dont we make information (about stuff like hotmail/msn) compulsory/a necesity to fill out to join ytc forums? And maybe things like limiting the number of posts allowed on an account in each forum/topic, and each time (once a month your limit resets or something?) so then people will think b4 they post and only post what is relevant.

Ps what is IRC?
AKATOMO
AKATOMO
Talking Fruit/Vegetable

Singing Alias : アカトモ Posts : 98

My YTC Story

https://www.youtube.com/user/UTAUTOMO

Back to top Go down

Post by Kouko Thu Sep 23, 2010 11:54 am

AN IRC channel is a live chat. Sadly I don't remember what the letters stand for.. And I'm too lazy for a Google search.

About your idea.. I don't think that would work. People can be very active without spamming, and a limit would just limit people and then we'd stop actually having a social forum here, since nobody would waste their precious posts on doing forum games or something else. We already have a Skype thread, but knowing most active member's skype doesn't help one bit on the spamming problem I'm afraid D: I don't think knowing people's msn or email would be any different.
Kouko
Kouko
Talkative

Singing Alias : Kouko(Oh what a surprise, huh?) Posts : 385

Back to top Go down

Post by Shouhei Thu Oct 28, 2010 7:23 am

Yeah.. I joined a few months ago, and whenever I would post in a topic, my reply would get ignored because people would be having their own little conversations, lol. There are always little groups everywhere. I was added into a Skype Group from people in this community, and I would come online after a few days with over 1k messages, LOL. x___x (I ended up leaving because I had no idea whattheshit was going on)

After that, I just realized that people are incredibly close here, and people just look over me because I'm not important or in their clique. lol.

Deleting topics won't work. They'll just post in more topics.
Shouhei
Shouhei
Talking Fruit/Vegetable

Singing Alias : Shouhei Posts : 65

SMILING Participant

http://www.justin.tv/shouhei

Back to top Go down

Post by krannda Wed Nov 17, 2010 10:58 pm

AKATOMO wrote:Okay i hope this doesnt count as a spam since it will probably be really short but why dont we make information (about stuff like hotmail/msn) compulsory/a necesity to fill out to join ytc forums? And maybe things like limiting the number of posts allowed on an account in each forum/topic, and each time (once a month your limit resets or something?) so then people will think b4 they post and only post what is relevant.

Ps what is IRC?

I think that would just be depriving people of their rights to what they want on the forums. OAO
That's just too many restrictions. And spam isn't about the length of what you type but the actual content. If you just have a "Yes, I agree" on your post, I don't think you're contributing much to the topic and I think that would be considered as spam.
krannda
krannda
I'm still alive?

Back to top Go down

Post by Dympchan Thu Nov 18, 2010 6:07 am

I think that there is not much to do about the forum spamming. It's only sad that people left because of it, including me. There are no 'oldmembers' anymore who used to talk in the forums.
A lot of people moved to Skype.

Kouko wrote:AN IRC channel is a live chat. Sadly I don't remember what the letters stand for.. And I'm too lazy for a Google search.

I think that is exactly the same thing as Skype? It won't help the spamming problem, I'm afraid.

Dympchan
Hyperactive SUGAR HIGH

Banner Decorator * 1 Dango Daikazoku Chorus My YTC Story Treasure Hunt Runner Ups

Back to top Go down

Post by krannda Thu Nov 18, 2010 6:58 am

Do you think a chat box within the forums will help?
krannda
krannda
I'm still alive?

Back to top Go down

Post by Dympchan Thu Nov 18, 2010 7:01 am

Hmm... We could try it, and see where it goes.

I guess a lot of people will talk there then, so everyone
get to know eachother better. I don't know everyone here, it's impossible. But wouldn't it cause lagging? The posting in topics will go down, though.
Also, in a chat box with a lot of people, it's hard to talk about one thing. Everyone will talk trough eachother about other subjects.

But we could at least try for a while?

Dympchan
Hyperactive SUGAR HIGH

Back to top Go down

Post by krannda Thu Nov 18, 2010 7:08 am

LOL seeing as we're kind of inactive atm, I doubt we'll have many users as of yet.
krannda
krannda
I'm still alive?

Back to top Go down

Post by Dympchan Thu Nov 18, 2010 7:11 am

^ True

But maybe a lot of people will come back to the forums when they know there are some changes?
I only check the forums once in a while for updates about the Chorus Battle, Auditions etc.
I think it's fun to have some new things for keeping in contact with the members.

Dympchan
Hyperactive SUGAR HIGH

Back to top Go down

Post by krannda Thu Nov 18, 2010 7:20 am

Yes, I'm trying to change that so that the forums are fun once again. XD
I'm looking into things we can introduce and improve. Also, I'd like to draw everyones attention to my suggestion in the suggestion forum about Rankings owo
krannda
krannda
I'm still alive?

Back to top Go down

Post by punpun Thu Nov 18, 2010 11:46 am

I'm new and all and probably not qualified to leave my opinion here, but anyway~
I support the idea of an IRC channel. It's not really the same as skype since it's one channel with many people in there. It's kinda like a chatbox but with the difference that it's possible to chat privately to one person and ignore some persons (you won't see what they type if you use /ignore "nick") and more stuff. It also has a highlight function, which means, everytime your nickname gets postes by someone in the channel it makes a sound for you, so you know that someone is talking to you. It's actually really nice, I am in some IRC channels myself and it helps the forums I'm in. Also people get to know each other very easy on there. It's not even difficult to use it, just install Chatzilla (link) and there you go. Well, at least I think it would help. But a chatbox would be fine too, I guess (it just doesn't support as many functions).

Last edited by punpun on Thu Nov 18, 2010 12:51 pm; edited 1 time in total
punpun
punpun

Singing Alias : プンプン Posts : 21

Back to top Go down

Post by Panchii Thu Nov 18, 2010 12:38 pm

If you install a chatbox here I don't think I'll ever leave xD
I love chatboxes xD /creepy chatbox fetish
Panchii
Panchii
Conversationalist