Youtube Chorus Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
NEWS
Working on updating the site and adding new features.
Join our Discord channel to talk about possible events and layout changes!
Latest topics
» [MONTHLY THEME] April: Reach as High as You Can~Due April 30th
by sonic-nancy-fan Mon Apr 01, 2024 2:42 pm

» [MONTHLY THEME] March: Old Stuff~Due March 31st
by sonic-nancy-fan Sat Mar 30, 2024 1:36 pm

» Joker's Trans-lyrics
by sonic-nancy-fan Sat Mar 30, 2024 1:33 pm

» fluffy's pudding stash- i mean covers.
by fluffyparuko Mon Mar 11, 2024 7:52 pm

» [MONTHLY THEME] February: Love in the Air~Due March 5th
by sonic-nancy-fan Sat Mar 02, 2024 6:03 pm

» ~Uniqflame Covers and Voice acting stuff~
by Uniqflame Thu Feb 22, 2024 3:08 pm

» [MONTHLY THEME] January: Bittersweet Chocolate~Due January 31st
by sonic-nancy-fan Tue Jan 30, 2024 11:46 am

» ✾ Faeri's Covers ✾
by FaeriMagic Tue Jan 16, 2024 8:22 pm

» [MONTHLY THEME] December: Snow Day~Due December 31st
by sonic-nancy-fan Sat Dec 30, 2023 9:10 pm

what kind of genre of anime/manga do you like?

+29
Hollowania
jetz
shootingstarrider
Xerobeats
furuki ayame
Penguin
Crunchy
Jeagerjacques
ddrXero64
Carette
kahomelody
そら
MIN
Seitanoshuuki
Ayame
Silver
angelolita
ChibiKumiko
Picomarii
Tengenji
NovayaShuyin
AKATOMO
Onion
admirenkiwi
onigirimi
Kuma-tan
Ate Tenshi
C2yaya
Rei
33 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

what kind of genre do you like?

what kind of genre of anime/manga do you like? - Page 2 Vote_lcap15%what kind of genre of anime/manga do you like? - Page 2 Vote_rcap 15% 
[ 51 ]
what kind of genre of anime/manga do you like? - Page 2 Vote_lcap8%what kind of genre of anime/manga do you like? - Page 2 Vote_rcap 8% 
[ 28 ]
what kind of genre of anime/manga do you like? - Page 2 Vote_lcap11%what kind of genre of anime/manga do you like? - Page 2 Vote_rcap 11% 
[ 38 ]
what kind of genre of anime/manga do you like? - Page 2 Vote_lcap15%what kind of genre of anime/manga do you like? - Page 2 Vote_rcap 15% 
[ 50 ]
what kind of genre of anime/manga do you like? - Page 2 Vote_lcap8%what kind of genre of anime/manga do you like? - Page 2 Vote_rcap 8% 
[ 27 ]
what kind of genre of anime/manga do you like? - Page 2 Vote_lcap7%what kind of genre of anime/manga do you like? - Page 2 Vote_rcap 7% 
[ 23 ]
what kind of genre of anime/manga do you like? - Page 2 Vote_lcap12%what kind of genre of anime/manga do you like? - Page 2 Vote_rcap 12% 
[ 39 ]
what kind of genre of anime/manga do you like? - Page 2 Vote_lcap9%what kind of genre of anime/manga do you like? - Page 2 Vote_rcap 9% 
[ 29 ]
what kind of genre of anime/manga do you like? - Page 2 Vote_lcap10%what kind of genre of anime/manga do you like? - Page 2 Vote_rcap 10% 
[ 32 ]
what kind of genre of anime/manga do you like? - Page 2 Vote_lcap5%what kind of genre of anime/manga do you like? - Page 2 Vote_rcap 5% 
[ 17 ]

Total Votes : 334

what kind of genre of anime/manga do you like? - Page 2 Empty Re: what kind of genre of anime/manga do you like?

Post by Carette Tue Aug 09, 2011 8:02 am

I read all kinds of mangas when I am bored. However, I LOVE ALL THE BISHIES AND GOOD-LOOKING PEOPLE in shoujo mangas and action mangas the rest :3 (TYPICAL FANGIRL FTW)

Slice of life was good too! <3
Carette
Carette
Motor Mouth

Singing Alias : Carette / カレット Posts : 682

My YTC Story

https://www.youtube.com/user/xCarettex

Back to top Go down

what kind of genre of anime/manga do you like? - Page 2 Empty Re: what kind of genre of anime/manga do you like?

Post by Guest Tue Aug 09, 2011 1:07 pm

It really depends on what mood I'm in, but I've never been much of a fan of action or sci-fi.

Back to top Go down

Post by ddrXero64 Sun Aug 21, 2011 12:38 am

I'm a huge fan of romance comedies, things like Love Hina I've always found funny since I was a teen. I like action too, I'm currently rewatching Yu Yu Hakusho and it's awesome to relive my childhood.

As for other genres, I do admit I like Ecchi and Harem, whether regular or reverse harems. Something about harems always seem to bring out the best comedy. I really really enjoy slice-of-life anime, they actually make me more sentimental than the dramatic ones. I guess you could say I have enough drama in my life, I tend to envy the days that go on in the slice-of-life anime, I wish my life was that down to earth too.
ddrXero64
ddrXero64
Talking Fruit/Vegetable

Singing Alias : Xero HaxX Posts : 148

http://http//www.stepmaniaonline.eu/

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeagerjacques Sun Aug 21, 2011 2:30 am

Sad, mecha isn't on the list. xD
Jeagerjacques
Jeagerjacques
Talkative

Singing Alias : IZA★ Posts : 348

http://honeystars.blog131.fc2.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Crunchy Thu Aug 25, 2011 6:12 pm

I seriously just voted for every genre o-o
Crunchy
Crunchy

Back to top Go down

Post by Penguin Thu Oct 06, 2011 4:08 pm

To be specific, my absolute favourite genre would be psychological horror. <3
Penguin
Penguin
Talking Fruit/Vegetable

Singing Alias : Penguin Posts : 75

https://www.youtube.com/user/NonsensicalPenguin

Back to top Go down

Post by furuki ayame Thu Nov 24, 2011 5:59 am

hard choice, but I chose fantasy. it's just amazing--the outfit, the surroundings, everything! it'd be even better if it includes adventure =v=

supernatural and psychological also work with me. sometimes horror does too, which gives some effects to me.. .__.
furuki ayame
furuki ayame
Conversationalist

Singing Alias : FURUKi / 古き Posts : 154

http://our-appleworld.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Xerobeats Thu Nov 24, 2011 1:57 pm

I like most of those genres. I don't really prefer a genre. The only genre I don't prefer is sci-fi, but I've seen some that surprise me.
Xerobeats
Xerobeats
Conversationalist

Singing Alias : xero Posts : 265

https://www.youtube.com/user/Xerobeats

Back to top Go down

Post by shootingstarrider Wed Mar 07, 2012 3:16 am

didnt think i would but i selected all Sweat i guess ive read or watched one or too good ones from each of those genres the ones i cant take are
sports
and harem (girl on guy) i dont mind the other way around

a you missed mystery i love mystery...also gender bending
shootingstarrider
shootingstarrider
Talking Fruit/Vegetable

Singing Alias : シューター Posts : 132

http://shootingstarshooter.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by jetz Tue May 01, 2012 6:08 am

I like slice-of-life comedies. It's the best type of comedy because IMO it's not that easy to make someone laugh by showing them something so ordinary and relatable. I also like sports anime.
jetz
jetz

Singing Alias : jetz Posts : 19

https://www.youtube.com/user/jetz0531

Back to top Go down

Post by Hollowania Thu Jun 14, 2012 9:19 am

Checked virtually EVERY box. xD
Hollowania
Hollowania

Singing Alias : Hollow Posts : 17

Back to top Go down

Post by Kimoicchi Mon Jun 02, 2014 12:37 am

SPORTS MAN S P O R T S gODDAMIT WHY ISN'T IT ON THE LIST?!?!

SWEATY YOUNG BOYS, PASSIONATE BONDS, TEARS, FRIENDSHIP, SHORTS, BALLS, ALL RUNNING TOGETHER AS THEY BECOME CLOSER THROUGH HEALTHY ACTIVITIES
Kimoicchi
Kimoicchi
Talkative

Singing Alias : キモイ Posts : 435

I'm on the spice rack! Ai Kotoba II Chorus Ai Kotoba II Words Blind Duets Participant YTC 2015 Blind Duet Participant Monthly Theme Participant (1/4) Monthly Theme Participant (2/4) Monthly Theme Participant (3/4) Monthly Theme Participant (4/4)

http://kimoicchi@deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Kimoicchi Mon Jun 02, 2014 12:38 am

SPORTS MAN S P O R T S gODDAMIT WHY ISN'T IT ON THE LIST?!?!

SWEATY YOUNG BOYS, PASSIONATE BONDS, TEARS, FRIENDSHIP, SHORTS, BALLS, ALL RUNNING TOGETHER AS THEY BECOME CLOSER THROUGH HEALTHY ACTIVITIES
Kimoicchi
Kimoicchi
Talkative

Singing Alias : キモイ Posts : 435

I'm on the spice rack! Ai Kotoba II Chorus Ai Kotoba II Words Blind Duets Participant YTC 2015 Blind Duet Participant Monthly Theme Participant (1/4) Monthly Theme Participant (2/4) Monthly Theme Participant (3/4) Monthly Theme Participant (4/4)

http://kimoicchi@deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by MAREI Fri Dec 19, 2014 10:19 pm

Hmm...i'm mostly into romance and comedy but other genres are alright with me except for harem XD
MAREI
MAREI

Singing Alias : MAREI Posts : 17

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCb-wBiwWEtBEJNprDWm6vCw

Back to top Go down

Post by Kokkuri Wed Dec 31, 2014 5:37 pm

I don't know why but I seem to enjoy Romances a lot. I'm pretty sure it's not for the romantic aspect, but rather the general interaction between characters. I even watched Brother Conflict and enjoyed it :3 Stuff like Ookami Shoujo was fun to watch as well.

I guess slice of life ties in with romance (in some cases). Hanasaku Iroha and Sakurasou were just a few of my favourites.

While writing this post, I realized that comedy seems to be one of my greatest preferences. I think I could watch anything that was funny, such as Danshi Koukousei no Nichijou and Super Seisyun Brothers. 

However, I'm also a huge fan of "deep" anime such as AnoHana, Barakamon (which is actually quite inspiring), Stein's Gate, Psycho Pass. Anything that can provoke an emotion, bring up a few tears, or is somewhat philosophical is something I'm likely to enjoy.

Then there's the action anime. I watch a lot of it for the sake of it, although I really enjoyed Naruto and Bleach when I was a bit younger. Stuff like Attack on Titan is fun to watch since the animation is quite fluid and the fights are pretty cool, but then there's anime like Akame ga Kill (which wasn't bad), but I wasn't too excited for it every week. On the other hand, I loved Tokyo Ghoul as it followed a strong (my opinion) plot-line and wasn't filled with meatheads (I'm looking at you DBZ), although maybe this doesn't count as an action anime? I thought Fairy Tail was good but I lost interest in some of the recent arcs and the "fanservice" approach they started taking.

Speaking of fanservice, I think this is what puts me off a lot of anime. I prefer story driven atmosphere where there's a serious/realistic atmosphere. Although in Kaichou wa Maid-Sama there is a lot of "moe references", the overall atmosphere is fairly restrained and focused on the "plot" rather than mindless fanservice. Occasional scenes that make sense in the situation are fine, and often add to the comedy aspect of the anime, but I've learnt to stay away from anime with the Ecchi tag as it tends to go overboard.

I never understood why I don't like Mecha anime. Animation is very important to me, and Mecha anime tend to be very well animated, but it just doesn't appeal to me. I did like Black Bullet though, which also kind of contradicts my rant about moe and fanservice, but this anime needed those moments or it would be way too depressing. While the loli characters certainly were cute, they weren't stupid and didn't act like maidens in distress, despite being in heart-wrenching situations.

Most Surprising Anime Experience:
Yosuga no Sora:
At first, I thought this would be an amazing anime since a brother and his sister would be living alone in a rural village. Surely this anime would be focused on interdependence and struggles of life, right? (Barakamon seems to fit pretty well) Turns out this "interdependence" was more than I expected. Everything was normal at first, with occasional sweet moments where you could tell that there was going to be romantic conflict between the girls. However, then the male lead goes into heat and everything escalates from there. What on earth happened? T.T

Barakamon:
Maybe one of the most memorable anime for me this year. At first I assumed it'd be a generic comedy/slice of life where the main character's a jerk and is surrounded by annoying whingy/"moe" characters. I was completely wrong. The characters in this anime could be the most lovable fictional characters ever created. The main child (Naru) gives out amazing advice from her "childish" perspective which often leads to realizations about life. Did I mention that it was ridiculously funny, because it is!

I don't know what sparked this post, but I've realized a lot about my own anime tastes so at least it was useful for myself! xD
Kokkuri
Kokkuri

Singing Alias : こっくり Posts : 32

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCbEUCtPZBfdMoPPyHHdae5A

Back to top Go down

Post by AKA:Fye Sun May 31, 2015 11:29 am

Wow. I realized I haven't watched anime lately.

I guess I like psychological the most. Would be better if there is an adventure element in it. I enjoy romance too, but I prefer if it's just a side story or if it's a comedy. And I love plot twists! Does it count as drama?
AKA:Fye
AKA:Fye

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2