Youtube Chorus Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
NEWS
Working on updating the site and adding new features.
Join our Discord channel to talk about possible events and layout changes!
Latest topics
» fluffy's pudding stash- i mean covers.
by fluffyparuko Mon Mar 11, 2024 7:52 pm

» [MONTHLY THEME] February: Love in the Air~Due March 5th
by sonic-nancy-fan Sat Mar 02, 2024 6:03 pm

» Joker's Trans-lyrics
by sonic-nancy-fan Sat Mar 02, 2024 6:00 pm

» [MONTHLY THEME] March: Old Stuff~Due March 31st
by sonic-nancy-fan Sat Mar 02, 2024 5:08 pm

» ~Uniqflame Covers and Voice acting stuff~
by Uniqflame Thu Feb 22, 2024 3:08 pm

» [MONTHLY THEME] January: Bittersweet Chocolate~Due January 31st
by sonic-nancy-fan Tue Jan 30, 2024 11:46 am

» ✾ Faeri's Covers ✾
by FaeriMagic Tue Jan 16, 2024 8:22 pm

» [MONTHLY THEME] December: Snow Day~Due December 31st
by sonic-nancy-fan Sat Dec 30, 2023 9:10 pm

» [MONTHLY THEME] November: Together in Harmony~Due November 30th
by sonic-nancy-fan Thu Nov 30, 2023 3:02 pm

Durarara!!

+14
OuterOcean
Karin~
Syn
Lillymoon
リク
Nezaibaka
Squidprine
Hanamiko
Ate Tenshi
Tsukiyo
Okeno-san
mong
kurowoof
Meepy
18 posters

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Durarara!! Empty Durarara!!

Post by Meepy Fri Apr 02, 2010 1:04 pm

Durarara!! Durararalogo300x89
Plot - from the Durarara!! Wikipedia page wrote:Ryuugamine Mikado is a young man who longs for the exciting life of the big city. At the invitation of his childhood friend Masaomi, he transfers to a school in Ikebukuro.

Masaomi warns him about people he doesn't want to cross in the city: a violent man dressed like a bartender, an information merchant, and a mysterious gang called "Dollars." And to top it off, Mikado witnesses an urban legend on his first day in the city: the "Black Rider."
WATCH THIS.
It's certainly a lot more interesting than that plot summary sounds. And if that plot summary already sounds interesting to you, then times it by a gazillion or something on the awesome scale. The first episode may be a bit slow (your mileage may vary on that one), but it certainly picks up as you watch the rest of the series (which is still airing, by the way)!
I recommend not going to Wikipedia to look up information on anything (like the charaters, for example), because I'm quite sure that there's information from the light novel there too, and it will spoil you greatly. The series is a lot more of a fun ride if you're not sure what's going to happen next!

This series is the best thing since sliced bread, I swear. I'd never lie about something as serious as that. D8< Anyway, look! The title has two exclamation marks in it—that means it has to be exciting!
Now I'm calling upon you, because I know you people are out there, to fangirl/boy with me.

Basically, just discuss the series (anime, manga, light novel), plot, characters, your speculations, etc. in this here topic. :B Remember, put any spoilers in a spoiler tag! Not sure if it's a spoiler? Well, when in doubt, stick it in the spoiler tag anyway!
You may also post images and videos. Try not to stretch the page, though. (That means put the images in a spoiler tag. 8D)

p.s. I'll make this post look cooler later. Maybe.
p.p.s. IIIIIIZAAAAAAAAYAAAAAAAA-KUUUUUUN.

---

I think I'll write some more of my actual thoughts in a later post, because I'm just cluttering up this first post now. xD

Anyway, check out this goodie! (Durarara!! x Vocaloid crossover - image of Izaya & Miku)
Spoiler:
Meepy
Meepy
Conversationalist

Singing Alias : ミピ Posts : 152

My YTC Story

Back to top Go down

Durarara!! Empty Re: Durarara!!

Post by kurowoof Fri Apr 02, 2010 11:54 pm

IZAYA IS MY FAVORITE CHARACTER!!! <333
Nest is Kida then Shinra, then Mikado xDDD

Stomping cellphones while laughing like a psycho is my new hobby now xD
kurowoof
kurowoof
Talkative

Singing Alias : razephyr Posts : 425

https://www.youtube.com/user/razephyr19

Back to top Go down

Post by mong Sat Apr 03, 2010 12:17 am

Hurr hurr, I have been stalking this series since I heard about it from some Baccano comm XD /Naritaweak

BUT IZAYA. <333 I love Shinra too, because he is a magnificent bastard. 8'D Also, Celty is badassss. *0*
mong
mong
Chorus Staff

Banner Decorator * 1 Dango Chorus Illustration My YTC Story CB (1) Round 1 CB (1) Round 2 CB (1) Round 3

Back to top Go down

Post by Meepy Sat Apr 03, 2010 9:04 am

IIIIIIIZAAAAAAAYAAAAAAAA-KUUUUUN.
I think everyone must like him.
Everyone.

I plan on watching Baccano! now, because people were all like, "It's by the same company that did Baccano! And that's totally why I'm gonna watch Durarara!!"
Which means that Baccano! must be awesome. I mainly just wanted to watch DRRR!! because of the ED theme, LOL. IT'S AN AWESOME ED THEME, ALRIGHT? DD8

I think I have to stick Shizuo as my second favourite, HOW UNCREATIVE OF ME. But him and Izaya are just funny, and I thought his whole backstory episode was cute. ;w; I can't wait for the episode narrated by Izaya, haha. I'm pretty sure he hasn't had one yet... *bad memory plz*

Spoiler:
I think the characters are all pretty likable. Except Seiji, eck. D: And maybe Harima Mika, I think her name is.

I'm kind of on the fence with Shinra;
Spoiler:

Anywayyyy, if you haven't seen this video yet, watch iiiiiiiit
Meepy
Meepy
Conversationalist

My YTC Story

Back to top Go down

Post by mong Sat Apr 03, 2010 10:05 am

DRRR and Baccano are not only directed by the same person and are from the same production studio, the original light novels are by the same author too. 8'D I think I read somewhere that they're technically in the same universe, but during different time periods and whatnot. XD It explains the ridiculous amount of characters and the jumping timeline, heehee XD

Spoiler:

Hahaa, about Shinra...
Spoiler:
mong
mong
Chorus Staff

Banner Decorator * 1 Dango Chorus Illustration My YTC Story CB (1) Round 1 CB (1) Round 2 CB (1) Round 3

Back to top Go down

Post by Meepy Sat Apr 03, 2010 12:19 pm

Yeah, the cameo thing. xDD I didn't get it, but the translator's note was basically SCREAMING at me to watch Baccano!
Ohh, that's cool. I definitely need to watch Baccano! now, then. > u < I can watch it as I wait for the next episode of DRRR!! I read somewhere that the next episode is a new arc. So. Hmm.

Spoiler:

I forgot to post my comments on Mikado. I didn't really like him at the beginning, because he seemed bland and his character type doesn't appeal to me. But he totally went up on the awesomeness scale
Spoiler:

Also
Spoiler:
Meepy
Meepy
Conversationalist

My YTC Story

Back to top Go down

Post by mong Sun Apr 04, 2010 4:52 am

I think it should be~ :O NEW ARC YAY :D I am excited.
Spoiler:

Spoiler:

And about Mikado~
Spoiler:

...I've always wondered... is it Celty, Certy, or Selty? EVERYONE ROMANISES IT DIFFERENTLY SOB
mong
mong
Chorus Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by Meepy Mon Apr 05, 2010 10:21 am

I don't know, I thought it was Celty at first. Then when I actually began watching, they translated it to Selty. D: So that's when I started calling her that -
But I kind of like Celty better. And I've only seen Certy when I was reading translations of the light novel. o v o
(Why is there no SERTY? xDD)

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

So yeah. I've found someone's LJ where they're posting translations of parts from the light novels. Yes I've been spoiling myself. D8
And. Now I ship IzayaxNamie. OTL///// What a doomed pairing. Namie is pretty awesome. <:

Last edited by Meepy on Mon Apr 05, 2010 1:07 pm; edited 2 times in total
Meepy
Meepy
Conversationalist

My YTC Story

Back to top Go down

Post by Okeno-san Mon Apr 05, 2010 11:03 am

Any of you guys waiting for episode 13? lol I can't wait.
Okeno-san
Okeno-san

Back to top Go down

Post by Meepy Mon Apr 05, 2010 1:08 pm

Yess totally.
I look forward to some scenes now, since I've been spoiling myself with snippets of the light novel. TvT
I wonder how far in the story the anime will get, and how it'll conclude...
Meepy
Meepy
Conversationalist

My YTC Story

Back to top Go down

Post by mong Thu Apr 08, 2010 6:59 am

@Okeno: TOTALLY. I forgot that last week was a week off and I was like '...D: WHERE BE MY DRRR>??' And then I remembered. XD

@Meepy: Well, I read something about Anri a while back that I'm not sure about, because I read it in the comments page of some blog. But it's still kind of spoiler-like so I'll keep it to myself. XD

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

...Izaya/Namie XDD IT...MAY HAPPEN. NARITA IS STRANGE LIKE THAT. XD Namie is badass, although her obsession is a bit... uh, special. XD
mong
mong
Chorus Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by mong Fri Apr 09, 2010 6:14 am

...Double post, but OMG NEW OP. <3

Personally, I think the animation name-changing thing was smoother n the first OP, but the song for this OP was really nice. :D It's more... emo-sad than upbeat but I love both ;A;

It also has a bunch of new people in the OP :O and uh, the new OP has the same preview-in-the-middle thing, so it has spoilers. :O

Spoiler:
mong
mong
Chorus Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by Tsukiyo Fri Apr 09, 2010 6:38 am

Well, I read into the light novels... so I have spoiler material for the anime. But I won't mention them here. xD

About the Slasher... yeah, just wait for it. xD

Japanese fanart really can contain huge spoilers. Btw, every single character in DRRR!! is awesome in some kind of special way. Just saying. :D So the characters that haven't gotten too much attention yet... watch them. xP
Tsukiyo
Tsukiyo
Motor Mouth

Singing Alias : 狼月 Posts : 705

Back to top Go down

Post by Ate Tenshi Fri Apr 09, 2010 3:25 pm

Pixiv spoils everything D8 So I think who is the slasher! Boo!
Drrr is a bit confusing, but that makes it addicting! Woo!

Another anime with a New OP!! This is the third anime I watched this week that got a new OP.
Ate Tenshi
Ate Tenshi
Talkative

Back to top Go down

Post by Okeno-san Fri Apr 09, 2010 5:35 pm

ohhh. The raw for ep 13 is out. Can't wait for a subbed version Happiness
Okeno-san
Okeno-san

Back to top Go down

Post by Meepy Fri Apr 09, 2010 6:16 pm

Yes Pixiv spoils a lot. 8D Got bored of waiting, so now I've spoiled myself tons. = w =

Also. Simon is awesome. :U

@New OP: I like the song better than the first, but the video doesn't seem to flow at all, or make sense with the song. D8
New ED: I MISS TRUST ME ALREADY. *cry* Pretty okay song. lol at ceiling!Shingen. xDD

I doubt Izaya/Namie would happen, haha. I think Izaya will die in the end. >_> Or something.

K. I just watched episode 13!

Spoiler:

. . . I really want to see
Spoiler:
in the anime. ;____; *cry* I don't think they'll show up. Maybe cameos.
Meepy
Meepy
Conversationalist

My YTC Story

Back to top Go down

Post by mong Sun Apr 11, 2010 9:27 am

The pacing is really strange for the anime compared to the light novels. o_o Apparently the first 12 eps had snippets from volume 3, even, but I can't think of how they're actually going to use that information in the later eps unless they somehow fit volume 13 in the time. :O

Aaand ep13 stuff~
Spoiler:
mong
mong
Chorus Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by Meepy Sun Apr 11, 2010 10:52 am

Yeah, the first arc had hints of the other volumes. Don't know why, though. So that they can fit everything in a smaller timeline?
Spoiler:

Spoiler:
Meepy
Meepy
Conversationalist

My YTC Story

Back to top Go down

Post by Hanamiko Mon Apr 12, 2010 6:20 pm

-moves-

I love Shizou and Izaya.
That is all.
owo
Hanamiko
Hanamiko
Talking Fruit/Vegetable

Singing Alias : Hana, Ash, Chibi Posts : 71
Location : Saved in a jar as your fuwa-fuwa strawberry marshmellow. :3

https://www.youtube.com/user/chibiloveforever

Back to top Go down

Post by Tsukiyo Mon Apr 12, 2010 7:32 pm

@Hanamiko: No, that is not all. I love them too. Except I love them together even more. 8D /shot
Tsukiyo
Tsukiyo
Motor Mouth

Back to top Go down

Post by mong Mon Apr 12, 2010 8:58 pm

@ Tsukiyo: oh myyy. XDDD

Spoiler:
mong
mong
Chorus Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by kurowoof Mon Apr 12, 2010 9:10 pm

I really really like ep 13 but whenever I think of ep 13, it's always Izaya speaking the russian language (?) always comes to my mind =///////=

So cool~
kurowoof
kurowoof
Talkative

Singing Alias : razephyr Posts : 425

https://www.youtube.com/user/razephyr19

Back to top Go down

Post by Meepy Thu Apr 15, 2010 5:18 pm

Russian!Izaya, aha~ There's this one awesome scene with Izaya and Simon, that I soooo want to see animated.
o w o

Spoiler:

While we wait for the next episode (soon!! 8D), here's a question~
Who's your favourite male character? Your favourite female character? Why?

Unfortunately, I'm not very 'unique' with my answer --
I think my favourite male character is Shizuo. Or Izaya. It's like, I can't really choose. xDD I mean, Izaya's such a jerkoff sometimes, I don't even know if I like it or not. Ah, I tend to like jerk characters. :B But Shizuo's like, the GARtender. Plus, he's so moe moe when he isn't pissed off~<3

Favourite female character is yeah, Celty. Buut, I also reallyyyy like Vorona. Though you guys probably don't know her. And I barely know her character too, so yeah. If I learn more about her and like it, she might steal Celty's spot. But Vorona's a mysterious character, ah.
Anyway, Celty 'cuz she's badassss. And so cute when she's scared ffft.<3

But the whole cast is basically awesome. :U
Meepy
Meepy
Conversationalist

My YTC Story

Back to top Go down

Post by mong Thu Apr 15, 2010 5:32 pm

I think I said before my favorite character was Shinra or something... But that's only because he's a huge jerk and a dork. :D ALSO, Dotachin. I have a huge fangirl love for dotachin. *_*
Next would probaby be Shizuo. Shizuo is THE gartender. And I wish I could see more of Kasuka too ;A;

Favorite girl would have to be Erika~ She and Walker are so awesome together and I wish they had more screen time. >: Otaku team needs loads more screen time! I was a bit sad they cut out one of the scenes in the manga (or rather, condensed it a lot). Those scenes were cool. *__* I'm fan of Namie too, because she's batshit crazy. XD

Also~

Accurate series is ridiculously accurate. o___o
mong
mong
Chorus Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by Tsukiyo Thu Apr 15, 2010 8:28 pm

@Meepy:
Spoiler:

Favorite male character: Izaya. Duh. Despite the fact that he's a troll and a complete bastard, it's really hard to hate him. He's good-looking, hilarious, and a know-it-all, what else could you ask for in a character? Plus, he's got the "mysterious intentions" thing going on that makes his character very interesting. Personally, I think there's still more to him than meets the eye and I can't wait to see.

Favorite female character: Celtyyyyyy. She's badass and adorable. And then Erika in a close second. Because she's a fujoshi.... 8D And because she and Walker make very accurate otakus and it makes the fellow otaku here very happy to see our awesome crowd being represented in an awesome series.
Tsukiyo
Tsukiyo
Motor Mouth

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next